Matt Corral injured

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Leg rolled, on crutches 2nd qtr of Sugar Bowl. Guess playing in this game was .............

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe I’ve become a wimp in my old age and as a father, but seeing a young person cry on the sidelines(especially for the right reasons) is tough to watch. I didn’t want Corrall and have said so repeatedly, but he’s turning out to be what’s missing in college sports these days. I hope for his sake it’s not that bad.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I’ve become a wimp in my old age and as a father, but seeing a young person cry on the sidelines(especially for the right reasons) is tough to watch. I didn’t want Corrall and have said so repeatedly, but he’s turning out to be what’s missing in college sports these days. I hope for his sake it’s not that bad.
this is quite a turn around for someone who spent quite a bit of posting time trashing him up to this point.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
this is quite a turn around for someone who spent quite a bit of posting time digging him up to this point.

He wasn’t a kid that I wanted out of HS, and I don’t actually consider him to be Mullen’s biggest mistake. But he’s grown up a lot and is doing a lot of the right things. I’m ok admitting I was wrong and giving praise to someone I previously ridiculed.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I hope the decision to play in this game does notcost him the opportunity he has earned, including the money. I'm not a fan of games without meaning.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who said it was for the right reasons? He was crying about possibly losing money.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He wasn’t a kid that I wanted out of HS, and I don’t actually consider him to be Mullen’s biggest mistake. But he’s grown up a lot and is doing a lot of the right things. I’m ok admitting I was wrong and giving praise to someone I previously ridiculed.
How about praise to someone you ridiculed because they saw Corral's value before you did. Also, not being Mullen's biggest mistake is a pretty low bar.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, I like Corral, and I'm glad he didn't have to be coached by Mullen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is a clutch performer ...a good warrior. Corral has made Ole Miss football relevant & fun to watch. I regret solidly that his bowl experience resulted in exactly why too many refrain from joining their teammates postseason. It's that no-show decision that's tied to only the money. Our postseason enjoyment gets lessened. Hope Corral heals fine.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he dodged one. No ice on the knee afterward and he was taken in for X-rays that turned out negative, which points to an ankle.

Not as sure about Joe Tessitore, who’s facing the wrath of the hyper-sensitive crowd this morning for suggesting Corral “did it the right way” instead of acknowledging the business acumen of those who opt out of bowl games.

Sometimes I hate the internet.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Those who opt out of their bowl games need to be made to repay the entire value of their scholarship, including tuition, room, and board. And they need to be immediately removed from all team activities and need to buy a ticket to the game if they want to go to it. They are traitors to the school and teammates that provided them the opportunity to go play in the NFL. I have no tolerance for this BS.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think he dodged one. No ice on the knee afterward and he was taken in for X-rays that turned out negative, which points to an ankle.
I thought the fact that the replay showed his ankle being bent and the fact that he was grabbing his ankle pointed to an ankle injury.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the fact that the replay showed his ankle being bent and the fact that he was grabbing his ankle pointed to an ankle injury.

I was thinking break and dislocation, although it’s obviously not a break now. I’ve experienced it. It takes your breath away.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know, for a guy who is as gifted with young quarterbacks as Dan Mullen is alleged to have been, he sure has made some boneheaded decisions.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking break and dislocation, although it’s obviously not a break now. I’ve experienced it. It takes your breath away.
They would have brought out the air cast if they thought it was either of those things. His foot would have been flopping around like it was on Dak Prescott last year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They would have brought out the air cast if they thought it was either of those things. His foot would have been flopping around like it was on Dak Prescott last year.

Correct. Just to clarify, that was my initial thought upon watching the replay. No, it couldn’t have been that bad if he had nothing on the leg afterward. It’s likely just an upper ankle.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You know, for a guy who is as gifted with young quarterbacks as Dan Mullen is alleged to have been, he sure has made some boneheaded decisions.
When he gets what he wants, "his guy", it doesn't go well. If he had not been gifted Tim Tebow or Kyle Trask Dak Prescott would be the only guy he could hang his hat on. Impressive? Hardly.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like its ridiculous that we even find ourselves in a spot where we are questioning the decision of a college football player to play in a college football game. I think its understood that when you receive a scholarship, that is something of immense value, and in return for that you are expected to play football on behalf of the school. Next thing you know, as soon as some player has shown some flashes of athleticism worthy of NFL consideration, he'll sit out the rest of the regular season as soon as his team gets eliminated from the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.