McElwain Assembling Saban-esque Coaching Staff at UF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190565 said:
Not everyone, just the ones who compete for and win NCs.
Did we have it when we won two NC's in three years?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Living in the past, dude. What is our combined score against Bammer since 2008? 140-20? Have we even scored an offensive TD since Brantly went down in 2010?

Even your old girlfriend saw the light and supersized his staff. And he sure as hell isn't trying to compete with 10-20 less scholarship players.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190683 said:
Living in the past, dude. What is our combined score against Bammer since 2008? 140-20? Have we even scored an offensive TD since Brantly went down in 2010?

Even your old girlfriend saw the light and supersized his staff. And he sure as hell isn't trying to compete with 10-20 less scholarship players.
I think driskel threw a td to showers. But I get your point

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If that is what Mac needs then let him have it. Crap didn't work out with the last guy and it seems as if JM knows the ingredients/coaches. With the demand on coaches, recruiting, and developing a program the extra coaches to help in areas should be a great benefit. If that means help breaking down film or some other part of responsibility then do it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n190683 said:
Have we even scored an offensive TD since Brantly went down in 2010?

Yes. We scored two offensive TDs in the game last year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Law98gator;n190683 said:
Even your old girlfriend saw the light and supersized his staff.

I kept reading a sexual innuendo there about the "girlfriend" and "supersizing a staff". Maybe it's a lack of coffee.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n190843 said:
I kept reading a sexual innuendo there about the "girlfriend" and "supersizing a staff". Maybe it's a lack of coffee.

Law likes the innuendo, I'm more of a traditionalist and prefer the vaja ja. Though, to each their own I suppose.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why is it that every time someone gets a vacation I'm not here to see it?:angry:
At any rate this looks like Mac is the kind of guy who will admit he doesn't have all the answers and takes input about coaching and running a program.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n190908 said:
Why is it that every time someone gets a vacation I'm not here to see it?:angry:
At any rate this looks like Mac is the kind of guy who will admit he doesn't have all the answers and takes input about coaching and running a program.

Let it be a lesson, stay out of the Political Forum if you can't take the heat and stay civil with your fellow posters.

By the way, unless Ox decides to call me down, I'll be watching carefully in all the forums for people insulting other posters with names like d1ck, ****tard, idiot, etc. People have been really pushing the limits lately and it needs to stop.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n190921 said:
By the way, unless Ox decides to call me down, I'll be watching carefully in all the forums
23642734-security-guard.jpg
BTW, does anything good ever come from anything with the words politics or political in it. If that forum is on your watch you really need hazardous duty pay.:couch:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n189768 said:
Doug Johnson said on the radio that one of Mac's demands was that he got as much support as saban has.
Wait. That dickweed has a radio program?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n190921 said:
By the way, unless Ox decides to call me down, I'll be watching carefully in all the forums for people insulting other posters with names like d1ck, ****tard, idiot, etc. .
What about pothead, waste, hophead, etc?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n190921 said:
Let it be a lesson, stay out of the Political Forum if you can't take the heat and stay civil with your fellow posters.

By the way, unless Ox decides to call me down, I'll be watching carefully in all the forums for people insulting other posters with names like d1ck, ****tard, idiot, etc. People have been really pushing the limits lately and it needs to stop.

I never visit there. I have enough potential aggravation in my life without spending my free time looking for it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n191106 said:
What about pothead, waste, hophead, etc?

Depends on who it's directed at. I'm a fair target, but other posters without a sense of humor should probably be left alone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n191118 said:
but other posters without a sense of humor should probably be left alone.
Uhhh.... yeah.... sure thing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n191103 said:
Wait. That dickweed has a radio program?
He was on with Steve Russell or Larry vatell

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n190921 said:

Navet, can we please, please, please keep "asshat"! All time board favorite, and maybe an Ox original?? Not sure who started that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n191256 said:
Navet, can we please, please, please keep "asshat"! All time board favorite, and maybe an Ox original?? Not sure who started that.

Since Ox uses it I'm sure it's ok....However if your going to use it referring to me I'd prefer "AssHelmet" :snob:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n190908 said:

Let this be a lesson to not post about innuendo's in the sports forum.

But seriously, this was nothing of note other than me being a total idiot in posting something inflammatory with no redeeming value without taking a moment to consider what I was doing, and nav making the right call and letting me take a day to think about it.

================================

Back on topic....

I understand FSU has a staff member dedicated to their hi-tech analysis on player movements throughout practice, I forget the technology and title, but it's there. I'm wondering, with Saban for example, what are some of these non-field staff titles, and how many are a legitimate function (like the FSU tech analysis) vs a fake title to allow a guy into the film room to break stuff down (nttiawwt). What extra coaching positions would you guys see us needing or adding?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n191446 said:
Let this be a lesson to not post about innuendo's in the sports forum.

But seriously, this was nothing of note other than me being a total idiot in posting something inflammatory with no redeeming value without taking a moment to consider what I was doing, and nav making the right call and letting me take a day to think about it.

================================

Back on topic....

I understand FSU has a staff member dedicated to their hi-tech analysis on player movements throughout practice, I forget the technology and title, but it's there. I'm wondering, with Saban for example, what are some of these non-field staff titles, and how many are a legitimate function (like the FSU tech analysis) vs a fake title to allow a guy into the film room to break stuff down (nttiawwt). What extra coaching positions would you guys see us needing or adding?

Glad to have you back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator