Meltdown Finale -- Alabama Edition

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
I think we may mark this game as the pinnacle from which the Bama program under Saban slid from dominant to elite and then downward. He is never going to have medium term or longer staff continuity, with the exception of shrinking violet yes men like Mac and mouth breathing simpletons like Kirby Dumb. And so his system is going to continue to rely on abusive Napoleonic micromanagement to sustain itself, which will only burn him out further and lead to declining results both on the field and in recruiting. Without recruiting dominance he will not be able to produce titles at a rate that will keep the rednecks safely tucked away and gagged in their pens under the bleachers. That will lead to unacceptable noise within Nick Il Sung's hermit kingdom of Tuscaloosa, putting the Bama fan base squarely in the crosshairs of the Great Leader's frustrated wrath. He will trash the faithful and they will begin to fight back. It won't end pretty, eventually Saban will walk away from a program left in smoking ruins.

So sez I, the seer of seers, the prognosticator of prognosticators.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not enough anguish for my taste!

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
49787632_2504510219590636_2160555591418773504_n.jpg
This is fantastic...

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
In terms of character Saban is fundamentally a misanthrope: hostis humani generis, a person at war with humanity itself. Regardless of his historic successes, he will subliminally find a way to bring that hostile dynamic to fruition and validation, even with the most complaisant fanbase imaginable, one eager for a tyrant to adore. The alternative is a profound recasting of his core precepts, something nearly impossible without divine aid. So he will ultimately undermine himself, even at Bama, as he has everywhere else he has ever coached.

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we may mark this game as the pinnacle from which the Bama program under Saban slid from dominant to elite and then downward. He is never going to have medium term or longer staff continuity, with the exception of shrinking violet yes men like Mac and mouth breathing simpletons like Kirby Dumb. And so his system is going to continue to rely on abusive Napoleonic micromanagement to sustain itself, which will only burn him out further and lead to declining results both on the field and in recruiting. Without recruiting dominance he will not be able to produce titles at a rate that will keep the rednecks safely tucked away and gagged in their pens under the bleachers. That will lead to unacceptable noise within Nick Il Sung's hermit kingdom of Tuscaloosa, putting the Bama fan base squarely in the crosshairs of the Great Leader's frustrated wrath. He will trash the faithful and they will begin to fight back. It won't end pretty, eventually Saban will walk away from a program left in smoking ruins.

So sez I, the seer of seers, the prognosticator of prognosticators.

Cool+story+bro+aint+a+clue+if+this+already+exists_ff5759_3462961.jpg

Well written and all!

...still,

You wish.

...and so do I.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta admit, I like it.
Already walking it back.

@CoachDanEnos: I would never leave an employer without telling them I was doing so. No ghosting here. Nothing but respect for CNS and Alabama. Bottom line, business is business and it was time for me to exit. Wish all the best to RTR, CNS and the program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.