Memorial Day, remember the fallen

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
and celebrate those who survived...Many paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we enjoy. May their hard work and sacrifice never be forgotten. Also best wishes for a great holiday weekend for all you guys on here that have served or lost family protecting mine and everyone else's life and liberty.
upload_2016-5-27_16-2-6.png

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ditto - thanks Crete for reminding what really matters!
Have a safe and happy weekend everybody!
:bart:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This should be stickied on the mainpage. On second thought, don't sticky bc app users can't see those.

honor-and-human-shields.jpg

Last edited:

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and celebrate those who survived...Many paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we enjoy. May their hard work and sacrifice never be forgotten. Also best wishes for a great holiday weekend for all you guys on here that have served or lost family protecting mine and everyone else's life and liberty.
View attachment 3125
Well said!

And ditto for me...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great Post and well stated by all. Thanks to all those who have served. Thanks to my Dad & Uncles. They're not here anymore and miss them dearly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Fighting back tears....
For the last 3 years Memorial Day is always like that for me. It was the last time I spent with my dad. Although he never served in combat he was an MP in post WWII Germany. He spent the rest of his life working for a defense contractor as a quality control Engineer. They built fuses and detonators for small explosives, 40 millimeter and such. He often went to work at 5.00am and came home at 6.00pm. Saturday's he would usually work a half day and when he was leaving once he told me he was going to the firing range. I asked, why, there's no war going on? He said if there was he wanted to give our guys the best chance of coming back home. When my mother was handed the folded flag at his funeral it really made me see how important his service was, as well as everyone who serves this country.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fighting back tears....
Why fight it? I'm not. Just wiped a tear away myself. I always get choked up when reading this kind of stuff or when we honor our fighting men and women. I especially get choked up when watching the reunions of military personnel surprising their families when they come home early and catch them off guard. It's a great feeling and makes me even more proud to be an American!

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For the last 3 years Memorial Day is always like that for me. It was the last time I spent with my dad. Although he never served in combat he was an MP in post WWII Germany. He spent the rest of his life working for a defense contractor as a quality control Engineer. They built fuses and detonators for small explosives, 40 millimeter and such. He often went to work at 5.00am and came home at 6.00pm. Saturday's he would usually work a half day and when he was leaving once he told me he was going to the firing range. I asked, why, there's no war going on? He said if there was he wanted to give our guys the best chance of coming back home. When my mother was handed the folded flag at his funeral it really made me see how important his service was, as well as everyone who serves this country.
You get it!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I lost count of the posts here that I just can't 'like' enough!

Thanks to all who have given sacrificial service, past or present. Thanks to all the families who allowed their fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, etc to serve. I'm not sure I'm using the right words, but I hope the proper sentiment is received.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Thanks to all who have given sacrificial service, past or present. Thanks to all the families who allowed their fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, etc to serve. I'm not sure I'm using the right words, but I hope the proper sentiment is received.

Thank you for your sacrifices.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

THANK YOU for serving our country with courage and honor!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My wife and I took a walk through Arlington yesterday. The Old Guard put 230,000 flags on the graves. It's a beautiful place. I would post a picture, but the attachment is too large. Happy Memorial Day.

Only 3 months until football season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator