Men in women's sports

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I know it’s not you, it’s the meth talking. But it’s still breaking my heart.
You're a relatively smart guy that can make an argument. I would like for you to explain to me why you think I'm wrong. You don't even seem to acknowledge that the way UF is run is different now. Perhaps you think even that premise is not true.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That is a great plan.

If bankruptcy is the goal.
With revenue sharing, bankruptcy is now impossible even if every damn seat at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium was empty during games, and you damn well know it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With revenue sharing, bankruptcy is now impossible even if every damn seat at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium was empty during games, and you damn well know it.
It isnt 150 million. When they see the revenue start falling, it is over. They didnt see it last year, likely because despite the empty seats, people had already purchased the tickets.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You don't even seem to acknowledge that the way UF is run is different now. Perhaps you think even that premise is not true.

I dont really think it is run differently. I just think the results are different.

We just got lucky before. Horseteeth Fooley ran the search committee in 90 and recommended we hire the coach LSU fired instead of SOS. Machen pulled the strings on Meyer. Fooley never would have been in a bidding war with Notre Dame otherwise. He would be out there hiring like we are Iowa State.

If anything we are better run at the moment, but trying to overcome 30 years of neglect of our facilities (for all sports).

I really think Fooley thought we would always win and that Florida sells itself. I kind of thought it was mostly true too. He is just a cheap ass. Probably still has 60s panelling and shag carpet at his house.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You're a relatively smart guy that can make an argument. I would like for you to explain to me why you think I'm wrong. You don't even seem to acknowledge that the way UF is run is different now. Perhaps you think even that premise is not true.

Maybe the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.

To your question, economics always wins out. Whether we’re talking politics, sports or anything else. It always comes down to money. Why do you think all these companies are taking such unpopular steps to unwind things like DEI? That’s how life works. You also keep using the last 15 year window. In that time, we’ve fired 3 football coaches, all of whom compiled a better record than Napier. Did we just change our mindsets in the past 3 years? If not, explain why a safe, familiar hire like Dan Mullen, following an East title and what amounted to 3 straight double digit win seasons was fired? If your argument held water, he’d still be here as he did nothing to warrant a dismissal otherwise. I still think you’re the best though.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.

To your question, economics always wins out. Whether we’re talking politics, sports or anything else. It always comes down to money. Why do you think all these companies are taking such unpopular steps to unwind things like DEI? That’s how life works. You also keep using the last 15 year window. In that time, we’ve fired 3 football coaches, all of whom compiled a better record than Napier. Did we just change our mindsets in the past 3 years? If not, explain why a safe, familiar hire like Dan Mullen, following an East title and what amounted to 3 straight double digit win seasons was fired? If your argument held water, he’d still be here as he did nothing to warrant a dismissal otherwise. I still think you’re the best though.
Yet again, we aren’t talking about Napier. We’re talking about Stricklin. Has UF ever fired an AD in their history?

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
The “good ‘ol days” of UF as a rabid football school are over, at least for the people running the show. There’s so much TV money that not even the big boosters can force change anymore.

If you can’t handle it, find something else to do with your time. We are helpless passengers in the backseat of this car.
A most persuasive argument for checking out. Who wants to root for schidtheads who aren't even trying?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Again, it’s not 15 years ago anymore. The AD position at UF used to be 95% about football. I think it’s viewed about 25% right now. On top of that, Napier was considered a good coaching prospect by tons of schools, Stricklin’s bosses aren’t going to blame him for it not working out.

Hell, Jeremy Foley kept his job through Muschamp AND Butters. Not only that, they named a freaking WING of the new facility after him. He’s never been held to account for destroying the program. Where is your single shred of evidence that Stricklin is on some kind of hot seat? There’s never been even a hint of smoke on that.

UF isn’t Bama. UF isn’t Tennessee. Those guys at UF think being too football focused is beneath them now.

I also think Billy would have to have a season of absolutely disastrous proportions to lose his job this year, something I don’t think we’re going to have. Get used to the idea that he’s returning in 2025.

The “good ‘ol days” of UF as a rabid football school are over, at least for the people running the show. There’s so much TV money that not even the big boosters can force change anymore.

If you can’t handle it, find something else to do with your time. We are helpless passengers in the backseat of this car.
Haven't you heard? Bama is a basketball school now...:captain:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to see that pencil neck loser Scottie get in the octagon with Kayla Harrison and get the **** beat out of him by a girl .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.