Men in women's sports

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That’s why I’ll continue to say it’s silly to think Stricklin is in such great shape. If or when this season goes south, and he’s presided over four straight losing seasons, and two disastrous hires, with a half empty Swamp, yeah let’s see him survive that.
You continue to believe that it's 15 years ago. The UF philosophy has changed considerably. It's night and day.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I saw an interview yesterday with USCe's women's head coach. She was asked about men playing in women's sports. She was a bit reluctant at first but then took the whole bite and said that if a man wants to play as a woman, so be it. It was at that point that I decided that I wanted Iowa to win the women's national championship. Alas...

Anyways, USCe has at least three "women" that are over 6'-5" tall. I'll post my opinions about some of their players and you can post yours if you want...

Adhel Tac, 6'-5" Dude

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2dhbWVjb2Nrc29ubGluZS1jb20vMjAyNC8wMS9jYjM1NmM0Yi10YWNfaGVhZHNob3RfdmlzaXRfY3V0b3V0LnBuZw.png

I swear that is the lead singer for Sexual Chocolate.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Great or not, you can't rely on 30 foot shots every other trip down the floor if you don't have a prayer of getting an offensive board.
Not exactly Clark's fault that her team couldn't rebound. It's my understanding that there was no formal penis check on the south Carolina team

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just waiting to see the influx of all of these phenomenal female athletes come into men’s sports and dominate.
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think an AVERAGE high school boys basketball team could beat the WNBA champs.
Really? Im certain a group of 6th graders could take those bitches down

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I believe that women’s college basketball has had its 15 mins of fame that came with Clarks Larry bird like popularity. Millions of while people tuned in to see her play. (Including me).
The tv numbers will eventually drop back to pre Clark type viewing because very few are interested in watching women’s basketball.
The infusion of men masquerading as women might actually help the popularity

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You continue to believe that it's 15 years ago. The UF philosophy has changed considerably. It's night and day.

This is the $150 million question.

Are we in this to win championships or are we in this to build an athletics empire for all the world to see?

I believe that we will have an answer within the next year or two. I am concerned that we already know the answer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is the $150 million question
Doubt it will be a $150 mil question. The sting of an empty stadium (and the money they lose) will fix a lot. It is really the only thing they listen to.

I do agree with Ox, if they COULD keep the $150 mil and let Retard Billy win 5-7 games a year, they probably would. But they wont.

Cherry on top is if we get to hear FIRE NAPIER ring from the few seated in the 2/3 empty stands.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Doubt it will be a $150 mil question. The sting of an empty stadium (and the money they lose) will fix a lot. It is really the only thing they listen to.

I do agree with Ox, if they COULD keep the $150 mil and let Retard Billy win 5-7 games a year, they probably would. But they wont.

Cherry on top is if we get to hear FIRE NAPIER ring from the few seated in the 2/3 empty stands.
Napier wasn't the argument. They fire coaches, they don't fire AD's. Stricklin is safe.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Napier wasn't the argument. They fire coaches, they don't fire AD's. Stricklin is safe.

I want to believe that you are wrong but I fear that you are correct.
The good news is that if he is safe then I have the answer to my question and I can stop anticipating a turnaround that is not going to happen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think you’ve turned that shed of yours into a meth house if you think Stricklin is safe if we have to fire Napier, once again pay a massive buyout and go back into the coaching search.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think you’ve turned that shed of yours into a meth house if you think Stricklin is safe if we have to fire Napier, once again pay a massive buyout and go back into the coaching search.
please sweet baby jesus, let sofla be correct...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, it’s not 15 years ago anymore. The AD position at UF used to be 95% about football. I think it’s viewed about 25% right now. On top of that, Napier was considered a good coaching prospect by tons of schools, Stricklin’s bosses aren’t going to blame him for it not working out.

Hell, Jeremy Foley kept his job through Muschamp AND Butters. Not only that, they named a freaking WING of the new facility after him. He’s never been held to account for destroying the program. Where is your single shred of evidence that Stricklin is on some kind of hot seat? There’s never been even a hint of smoke on that.

UF isn’t Bama. UF isn’t Tennessee. Those guys at UF think being too football focused is beneath them now.

I also think Billy would have to have a season of absolutely disastrous proportions to lose his job this year, something I don’t think we’re going to have. Get used to the idea that he’s returning in 2025.

The “good ‘ol days” of UF as a rabid football school are over, at least for the people running the show. There’s so much TV money that not even the big boosters can force change anymore.

If you can’t handle it, find something else to do with your time. We are helpless passengers in the backseat of this car.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Again, it’s not 15 years ago anymore. The AD position at UF used to be 95% about football. I think it’s viewed about 25% right now. On top of that, Napier was considered a good coaching prospect by tons of schools, Stricklin’s bosses aren’t going to blame him for it not working out.

Hell, Jeremy Foley kept his job through Muschamp AND Butters. Not only that, they named a freaking WING of the new facility after him. He’s never been held to account for destroying the program. Where is your single shred of evidence that Stricklin is on some kind of hot seat? There’s never been even a hint of smoke on that.

UF isn’t Bama. UF isn’t Tennessee. Those guys at UF think being too football focused is beneath them now.

I also think Billy would have to have a season of absolutely disastrous proportions to lose his job this year, something I don’t think we’re going to have. Get used to the idea that he’s returning in 2025.

The “good ‘ol days” of UF as a rabid football school are over, at least for the people running the show. There’s so much TV money that not even the big boosters can force change anymore.

If you can’t handle it, find something else to do with your time. We are helpless passengers in the backseat of this car.

I know it’s not you, it’s the meth talking. But it’s still breaking my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator