Merril Hoge on the Attack Again

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mary Hoge probably fancies himself as a modern day version of the hired gun killer from the Wild West. Instead a Winchester or Colt 45 this killer uses "hours of tape viewed".

Hoge set his cap for Tim Tebow,. Remember? He questioned his arm strenght, accuracy and ability to play behind center and throw in the pocket. The day Peyton Manning arrived in Denver and Tebow was sent packing Hoge seemed eager to kick him when he was down by questioning Tebow's mental powers. "The more I studied him in an NFL setting the more disturbed I was that he has no clue what he's looking at." He said of Tebow. "his IQ as a football player is not very good. That is why they have to come down and make it some of a college-form system that he's comfortable with in Florida. He can't execute, from a cerebral aspect, a pro-style system" His feud with Tebow fans and media supporters became a personal crusade to validate his football credibility. Insiders say he really sweated the New England acquisition fearing Belichick would wave his magic want and mold Tebow into a viable NFL quarterback. No person on the planet was more jubilant and relieved than Merrel Hoge when the Patriots cut Tim Tebow.

Now he's on the trail of another celebrity football player, none other than Johnny Manziel. Hoge called Johnny Football a "juvenile punk" and went on to say "looked lost in the preseason" and "has no business being on the field" in the Browns' season opener in Pittsburgh.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/138512/hoge-calls-johnny-manziel-a-juvenile-punk

He has absolutely no instinct or feel for pocket awareness,” Hoge said. “He has an instinct to run. That’s a bad instinct if you’re going to have that in the National Football League. You have to play in the pocket with traffic around you and throw it. When traffic comes around him he runs, and that’s dangerous in the National Football League.”

Hoge showed two plays from A&M’s game against Ole Miss where he thought Manziel made mistakes. On one play, Hoge felt Manziel didn’t make the correct read on a blitz despite rushing for a first down. On another play, Hoge felt Manziel should have thrown to a fade route in the end zone instead of into double-coverage for what ended up being one of Manziel’s 13 interceptions last season.

Hoge believes Manziel is not very accurate, does not play very smart and is reckless. Though he says Manziel is exciting, he does not consider that a skill.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_s..._player_merril_hoge_auto_module_head_16051804

I bet many of you will now change your tune about Johnny Manziel. He's under Hoge's cross hairs just like Tim Tebow. As much as you dislike Johnny Football wouldn't you like to see him find a niche in the NFL and make Hoge eat his words?

“

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n81892 said:
Odds Merril Hoge has a micro-penis are 99.9%.

This we do know. Hoge gets off more on "hours of tape viewed" than banging the Goddess.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't like Hoge very much, but I agree with his assessment.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
He's on the money in his assessment of Manziel. Johnny Crapstain cannot play in the NFL.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n81908 said:

His assessment? Merrel Hoge was a fullback in the NFL, a FULLBACK!!

Since when do former NFL quarterback commentators/analysts make their living critiquing running backs?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Alvin York;81914 said:
maheo30;n81908 said:
His assessment? Merrel Hoge was a fullback in the NFL, a FULLBACK!! Since when do former NFL quarterback commentators/analysts make their living critiquing running backs?
Allstott could and should

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's wrong about both. Tebow's biggest issue was the constant tinkering of his stance, motion, footwork, etc... Not football acumen. Huge is a trite and true numbnut.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Alvin York;n81914 said:
His assessment? Merrel Hoge was a fullback in the NFL, a FULLBACK!!

Since when do former NFL quarterback commentators/analysts make their living critiquing running backs?

I'm not sure if you're serious. :fingertap:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jeezum, Manziel hasn't even played yet. How could you possibly make this assessment now?

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A widow almost avoids contact with the somnambulist. Most people believe that an alchemist from a clock usually teaches a secretly ungodly stalactite, but they need to remember how often the lovely bubble bath ruminates. A guardian angel is surly.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here was the legendary Merrel Hoge in his crowning glory. He was adamant that Irsay and the Colts should draft Robert Griffin III over Andrew Luck. Even those mental giants, Terry Bradshaw and Michael Irvin whose millions of devoted fans hang on to every word they utter have admitted publicly they were wrong and foolish to have insisted RGIII was clearly better than Luck after their rookie season.

But then again Hoge has never been wrong....:)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ge-says-colts-should-draft-griffin-over-luck/

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please, for the good of the board.... somebody shove Dorks plunger back in his hole.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n81981 said:
Please, for the good of the board.... somebody shove Dorks plunger back in his hole.

Please, for the good of your mental health....don't click on my threads

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I love you all and this place. Getting mad cause one man's opinion means nothing to you. The guy doesn't qualify to have an opinion, in your opinion. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.