Mick Hubert to Retire

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mick is retiring.

Unpopular opinion: Not a big Mick fan. "Oh My!" "Book It" and of course "Taylor Made". Laaaaame. Not to mention the Thin Finn and the Norwegian Collegian.

I say we hire Bates as the new voice of the Gators.

Alex.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
OH MY has run its course. He was great in the 90s.

Genuine excitement in the call here ... Doerings got a TD!

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
My first encounter with Batesy. He's in TR for a HS strain getting some treatment. I'm like "when did you pull that Hammy". " I was in one to the peep show places and slipped up on some cum that was in the floor". I just shook my head and walked away. :bwahaha:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If I had to guess, they might give the gig to Cardozo but I’m ready to start the “draft Batesy” campaign.

Alex.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Not a Cardozo fan but he has time in the program, but so does Batesy. I vote Batesy just for the stories he could tell during lulls, He did fairly well in Mountain West games.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As a homer Mick was fine. As a play by play guy on radio trying to follow the action, Mick was awful

As far as CarBozo or CarDon'tKnow, talk about awful :lmao2:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I actually thought Mick was great in play by play. Didn’t happen often, but when I did have to listen in, he seemed really easy to follow. Either way, he’ll be missed.

Also, count me as a vote for Batesy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. Never thought he was very good. Had some memorable calls (who wouldn’t after all those years), but pretty lame overall IMO.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Time for a change
New Kid in town with new ideas may as well have a complete makeover.
Thanks Mick for the memories

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Talk about timing. Mick was in the right place at the right time. Lucky for us, he was good, too, at what he did all these years. He’s up there with Otis.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Time marches on. Regardless of how you feel about his play-by-play calls, one has to tip his hat to 33 years and the special moments he got to call. I don't see Batsy or Cardozo as play-by-play callers, they are more color analyst guys.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
According to wiki, he's the only announcer to call national championships in all 3 major sports for the same school. That's cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.