Mick Hubert to Retire

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Not a Cardozo fan but he has time in the program, but so does Batesy. I vote Batesy just for the stories he could tell during lulls, He did fairly well in Mountain West games.

I'm no Cardozo fan

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was never a big Mic fan but over time I got used to him and he became comfortable. I would like to see Batesy get the job but I doubt UF would make that happen.

My concern is that the same people that have botched most of the hires in the last decade are the same people making this decision.

Given the progressive culture at UF, I expect now to be a good time for the first foreign, female voice of a major athletics program.
Don’t laugh, this is UF I’m talking about.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I was never a big Mic fan but over time I got used to him and he became comfortable. I would like to see Batesy get the job but I doubt UF would make that happen.

My concern is that the same people that have botched most of the hires in the last decade are the same people making this decision.

Given the progressive culture at UF, I expect now to be a good time for the first foreign, female voice of a major athletics program.
Don’t laugh, this is UF I’m talking about.

Get with the program...it may be a Trany

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This does make me sad, end of another era. Loved listening to Mick over the years. I'll never foget "Doering's got a TD" listening to it on the radio at work. But one of my all times favs.....""Florida has BEATEN Tennessee, AGAIN".

I'm all for seeing what Batesy has. Next man up.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This does make me sad, end of another era. Loved listening to Mick over the years. I'll never foget "Doering's got a TD" listening to it on the radio at work. But one of my all times favs.....""Florida has BEATEN Tennessee, AGAIN".

I'm all for seeing what Batesy has. Next man up.

Fuchs gone.
Napier here.
Mick retires
It's a new era...maybe Ox is right?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Enjoy your retirement, Mick. My original handle on the GSMB was "Ohh My!" and I remember listening to Gators games on the radio with my dad after the probation years as a kid (early 90's I think?). He may have been cheesy at times, but his excitement level was palpable and I thought he did a great job as a homer play-by-play guy. "Quarantined and a touchdown!" will always define the Spurrier era for me, and it wouldn't have been the same without Mick providing the quote.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I vote for Batesy. I would vote for Ox, but it would be a cut in income stepping away from GC

giphy.gif

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
'Course no one could replace Otis Boggs. But Mick was a steady Gator for his short tenure. Enjoy retirement Mick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.