Mike Leach

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure he would work out good in the SEC. I think he would probably fare worse than Sumlin has.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
When we hire our next coach we need to fill up the Brinks truck with gold bars and get the guy, whether from college or pro, that is the absolute, without a doubt, homerun hire. That's the thing bama did right when they got sick of being in the middle of the pack every year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While I think he's an interesting dude and a good offensive mind, I don't think he's cut out for the job. Let's find the RIGHT guy next time around.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have always liked this guy. Replace Mac with him?
Look, normally I'd give a newbie a free like but you gotta do better than this.

We've already seen The Pirate in the SEC, at Kintucky. Now, I understand what you are thinking. "I thought the rules are that we have to hire coaches that Kintucky fired." While it is true we have hired many in the last eight years, that's just a subset of CHEAP coaches. We aren't actually limited to guys fired by Kintucky.

Thanks for posting though. Post often and bring all your friends!!!!

Edit: ok I'll do it. What the hell.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love Mike Leach, but too much of a loose cannon for my taste; funny as hell though.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look, normally I'd give a newbie a free like but you gotta do better than this.

We've already seen The Pirate in the SEC, at Kintucky. Now, I understand what you are thinking. "I thought the rules are that we have to hire coaches that Kintucky fired." While it is true we have hired many in the last eight years, that's just a subset of CHEAP coaches. We aren't actually limited to guys fired by Kintucky.

Thanks for posting though. Post often and bring all your friends!!!!

Edit: ok I'll do it. What the hell.

So, the like is equivalent to a participation sticker (award)... :lol3:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, the like is equivalent to a participation sticker (award)... :lol3:

No, it's for private Thigpin for running out and picking up the flag in the face of sniper fire.
Welcome Brad. Buck up -- it could get worse, on here as it can on the field.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure he would work out good in the SEC. I think he would probably fare worse than Sumlin has.

Not that I want him, but this is the same bullsh*t they said about Spurrier and Meyer. Leach has proven he can win at two crap programs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not that I want him, but this is the same bullsh*t they said about Spurrier and Meyer. Leach has proven he can win at two crap programs.

I see your point. I just think with him you would never have the defense to win the conference. Like Sumlin I could see him having some pretty good teams some years however.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't you guys been bytching about the screen pass offense? You realize that is all that this guy throws, right? So it's the screen pass offense minus the run game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Haven't you guys been bytching about the screen pass offense? You realize that is all that this guy throws, right? So it's the screen pass offense minus the run game.

Sure. I also realizes he wins wherever he goes... but you should read my first sentence before you, as usual, mouth off...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I see your point. I just think with him you would never have the defense to win the conference. Like Sumlin I could see him having some pretty good teams some years however.

So he wouldn't hire a good DC? Florida HS talent would all of a sudden stop wanting to play at UF and our D would tank? We'd likely see similar defenses as the Spurrier years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wins what? Is his career win percentage .501?

Because he's taken over losing programs and taken a couple of years to turn it around? Yeah, he can't rebuild a program.... c'mon man. You're better than that.

Gators19

Aug 12, 2017
Dudes got a below .500 winning percentage in 5 and half years at Washington St. You really wanna give this clown 5 years to turn us around? You aren't even wanting to give Mac 3 years and he's 21-9 as our coach. I guess you'd rather throw the ball a million times but lose instead of win close games. You're priorities are way off my man.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Before this year he has 15 years as a college coach, only 1 with less then 3 losses.

Sounds like a recipe for being average, lets aim higher.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think :law: would say we have had enough "leaches" the last few years...............but hey, wtf is just one more?
When we hire our next coach we need to fill up the Brinks truck with gold bars and get the guy, whether from college or pro, that is the absolute, without a doubt, homerun hire.
There is ONLY one guarantee in life.............death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.