Million Posts Challenge - Wrestling from the past

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I don’t watch at all anymore to be honest. I bought the network to watch all the old stuff up til around 2003 when Austin finally left.

It’s basiclly because Vince doesn’t believe in his locker room to carry the title. Even though it’s probably the most talented it’s ever been in wrestling history. They burry everyone, top guys are 50/50 booked, losing randomly on tv, then winning titles out of nowhere. It makes no sense and there’s a reason why others are trying to make new companies.

AEW probably has 2-3 Of the best wrestlers in the world, they have the Jacksonville Jaguars money now, and they will slowly keep poaching WWE talent over the next 2-3 years. Hopefully it’s impactful booking again, wins and losses mean something, and the wrestling itself becomes more sport.

AEW still has a long way to go but if they are smart they will be around a while. I do see some guys going over there when their contracts are up but none that will have a major impact anytime soon. Those guys on top aren’t leaving anytime soon. There biggest sell will be getting to the casual audience that only watches once a week and doesn’t follow everything. My biggest concerns for them are what network they get on and if they can keep Khans kid from meddling. I read an article that he is very big into analytics and meddles in the jags scouting. That worries me with how poorly they are run and would be TNA all over again. They have to build smart as this isn’t like when Turner bought out Crockets stacked roster.

As for Vince he needs to phase himself out. HHH should be in charge with what he’s done with NXT. I think a lot of their problem is they have to many on the roster and could afford to lose the Ziggler’s that have run their course. You hit the nail on the head with the issues they have with him in charge.

And yes Lesnar sucks. If they had brains then Balor would come out as the Demon and win. But they already blew Strowman and McIntyre being red hot.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
AEW still has a long way to go but if they are smart they will be around a while. I do see some guys going over there when their contracts are up but none that will have a major impact anytime soon. Those guys on top aren’t leaving anytime soon. There biggest sell will be getting to the casual audience that only watches once a week and doesn’t follow everything. My biggest concerns for them are what network they get on and if they can keep Khans kid from meddling. I read an article that he is very big into analytics and meddles in the jags scouting. That worries me with how poorly they are run and would be TNA all over again. They have to build smart as this isn’t like when Turner bought out Crockets stacked roster.

As for Vince he needs to phase himself out. HHH should be in charge with what he’s done with NXT. I think a lot of their problem is they have to many on the roster and could afford to lose the Ziggler’s that have run their course. You hit the nail on the head with the issues they have with him in charge.

And yes Lesnar sucks. If they had brains then Balor would come out as the Demon and win. But they already blew Strowman and McIntyre being red hot.
They have a long way for sure. But a strong locker room is always the first building block you need. Remember Wcw started in 1991. They bought Crockett but they still had to have a company “day 1”. I think Omega will go over and I think he’s already left NJPW. I think Kevin Owens and Sammy Zane will both leave, the Revival are already going, and definitely a few more. Hangman is the next star and they’ve got Cody and the bucks which without a doubt are all the biggest names in the business and they are all independent. Billy Gunn being the producer is also exciting for me because I think the one thing AEW desperately neeeds to separate itself is some old school grit and story development.

If Balor doesn’t win it’s just another LOL moment in the plethora of LOL moments in wrestling over the last decade plus. Brock is the worst champion in wrestling history, and it’s not his fault. I’ve never seen such trash booking before. They basically made Roman look like the strongest of the bunch but not good enough to beat an attitude era oldie, which just blows me away.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
They have a long way for sure. But a strong locker room is always the first building block you need. Remember Wcw started in 1991. They bought Crockett but they still had to have a company “day 1”. I think Omega will go over and I think he’s already left NJPW. I think Kevin Owens and Sammy Zane will both leave, the Revival are already going, and definitely a few more. Hangman is the next star and they’ve got Cody and the bucks which without a doubt are all the biggest names in the business and they are all independent. Billy Gunn being the producer is also exciting for me because I think the one thing AEW desperately neeeds to separate itself is some old school grit and story development.

If Balor doesn’t win it’s just another LOL moment in the plethora of LOL moments in wrestling over the last decade plus. Brock is the worst champion in wrestling history, and it’s not his fault. I’ve never seen such trash booking before. They basically made Roman look like the strongest of the bunch but not good enough to beat an attitude era oldie, which just blows me away.

Brock is bad because management allows him to be gone so much, why I don't understand. And Roman is gone for a while at least.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Omega will probably go there, but it depends on how the WWE starts offering contracts now based on this. Owens just extended his contract 5 years so it will be a little for him, but I could see Zane go. He is a fantastic mid-card heel though. The Revival want to go, but they have to get out of their contract first because they have a couple years left even though they asked for their release. Jericho will do well and still has gas in the tank, but had run his course in WWE so it was time for a change. I actually think the PAC/Neville signing was one of the better ones and man did WWE miss the boat with him. He would be fantastic paired with McIntyre. Gunn should do very well for them as well behind the scenes. A good TV deal will be their first step to try and get the once a weakers to tune in. There are a lot of casual fans that have no idea who the Young Bucks are or have never seen a match of theirs. Same for Omega. The hardcore fans that follow everything know them, but the casual we watch WWE only fan probably don't and there are a ton of them.

As for Brock his best matches come when he faces the smaller technical guys that can make things more exciting (Styles, Bryan, Hopefully Balor), just like his first run against Benoit, Angle, and Guerrero. Back then he actually lost from time to time, but now they will only let him lose by some amazing force of nature. He should have lost to Bryan at Survivor Series and they could have blamed it on the low blow.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
came up on my FB feed today. Im actually watching it...........like an old silent movie melodrama

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator