Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF:
Our offense is good
Defense is not so good

Misery:
Offense is turrible
Defense not so bad.

Strength vs. Strength this week. Then you start adding up the talent. UF should be able to move the ball against Mizzou. And as many have stated Kitna has given a little sigh of relief for all. Maybe more so for AR and BN. Hopefully UF will get out to a fast start and get Mizzou out of their game plan. Their QB is turrible but with UF's defense, he'll look serviceable. But out of his gameplan he'll be as usual. I look for the offense to do well AND maybe, just maybe the defense will take a small step forward this week. All I know is I cannot stand Allie Drunknutz and want to send him back to Mizzou with an "L".

UF 41
Mizzou 21

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
UF 28
Mizzou 20

Our D can't stop GHS. Gators win but won't cover.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF 28
Mizzou 20

Our D can't stop GHS. Gators win but won't cover.

Maybe we couldn’t stop Buchholz but we could definitely stop GHS. Apparently you haven’t seen GHS play this year. They’re awful.
Buchholz (and QB Creed Whittimore) beat them 49-0 last night.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Maybe we couldn’t stop Buchholz but we could definitely stop GHS. Apparently you haven’t seen GHS play this year. They’re awful.
Buchholz (and QB Creed Whittimore) beat them 49-0 last night.

Funny, I generally use Buchholz HS. I thought I'd switch it up.

But brother, I have seen USF and Mizzou ain't them. The line is 10.5...and there's the OX line?

The Wire Wtf GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I was shocked to see how tight Mizzou played UGA last week(yes I actually watched the whole game and not just the score like I think some in here did)
They matched up physically VERY well until midway through the 4th quarter. Bennett had a terrible 1st half though which helped give Mizzou momentum but Mizzou also drove the length of the field on UGA's defense almost every time they had the ball, they just kept kicking FG's which bit them in the ass in the end.

I don't bet on UF or predict scores because it always seems to be the kiss of death but IF we win by the amount some are predicting then we will have certainly turned the corner in a pretty positive way. I see this as a huge game for us this season.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I think our defense is going to surprise us this weekend (prayer should help). The offense will score. No punts for the Gators (prayer would help). Good guys 49. Other Tigers 17. Ox has the pick 'em figured out. No real Gator would ever pick an opponent even with a 100 point spread.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I think our defense is going to surprise us this weekend (prayer should help). The offense will score. No punts for the Gators (prayer would help). Good guys 49. Other Tigers 17. Ox has the pick 'em figured out. No real Gator would ever pick an opponent even with a 100 point spread.
Please... Not the "No real gator" argument again. Lots of "real gators" predicted lots of losses over the last 12 years. And most of them were right.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Please... Not the "No real gator" argument again. Lots of "real gators" predicted lots of losses over the last 12 years. And most of them were right.
Not that I didn't believe we were going to lose or not cover. I just cannot pick against the Gators. I need counseling I guess.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I was shocked to see how tight Mizzou played UGA last week(yes I actually watched the whole game and not just the score like I think some in here did)
They matched up physically VERY well until midway through the 4th quarter. Bennett had a terrible 1st half though which helped give Mizzou momentum but Mizzou also drove the length of the field on UGA's defense almost every time they had the ball, they just kept kicking FG's which bit them in the ass in the end.

I don't bet on UF or predict scores because it always seems to be the kiss of death but IF we win by the amount some are predicting then we will have certainly turned the corner in a pretty positive way. I see this as a huge game for us this season.
I watched that game as well and I'd just add that Georgia looked flat on both sides of the ball. They got pushed around, took bad angles, and missed several tackles. I have no love lost for them, but give them their due: they did not look like the dwags we are used to seeing. On O, Bennett looked as bad as I've ever seen him play. I live around a bunch of their fans - one of the downsides of living in this state - and the ones I talked to all felt the same way. I find them generally to be pretty knowledgeable fans and they credited Mizzou for their game plan and effort, but all felt pretty much their team more or less slept walked through the whole first half.

If you saw any of their previous game against Auburn - I watched a little - you'd realize how much of a fluke Saturday night was. I might be worried if this game was Saturday night in Columbia, but since it's a nooner in the Swamp, I'd be very surprised if they look at all like the team that almost pulled a massive upset. I completely agree with you that this is a huge game for us. Lose and we might have trouble even becoming bowl eligible; win handily and I'd like our chances in every game left on the schedule. (Well, maybe not the WLOCP.)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I watched that game as well and I'd just add that Georgia looked flat on both sides of the ball. They got pushed around, took bad angles, and missed several tackles. I have no love lost for them, but give them their due: they did not look like the dwags we are used to seeing. On O, Bennett looked as bad as I've ever seen him play. I live around a bunch of their fans - one of the downsides of living in this state - and the ones I talked to all felt the same way. I find them generally to be pretty knowledgeable fans and they credited Mizzou for their game plan and effort, but all felt pretty much their team more or less slept walked through the whole first half.
I didn't feel UGA's defense was that off in the first half(their offense was)just more that they weren't 100% prepared for Mizzou. Mizzou physically pushed the ball down the field on almost every drive just couldn't cash in. If they keep our defense on the field like that it might make it hard for our offense to find their groove and get the crowd into the game(sometimes a problem with nooner's anyway)

I think all of this along with our current record makes this game pretty important looking at the rest of the schedule. I see most of the teams we play being pretty close to toss ups (LSU, TAMU, FSU).....pretty sure we take the Vandy & USCe games.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I didn't feel UGA's defense was that off in the first half(their offense was)just more that they weren't 100% prepared for Mizzou. Mizzou physically pushed the ball down the field on almost every drive just couldn't cash in. If they keep our defense on the field like that it might make it hard for our offense to find their groove and get the crowd into the game(sometimes a problem with nooner's anyway)

I think all of this along with our current record makes this game pretty important looking at the rest of the schedule. I see most of the teams we play being pretty close to toss ups (LSU, TAMU, FSU).....pretty sure we take the Vandy & USCe games.
If we can't beat Mizzou, I'd feel no great confidence against USCe.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We may be begging for Aaron Judge cut-in
You aren't going to be watching anyway.
I'll be recording but I might poke my head into the live broadcast. 12:00 games are safer than afternoon or night games.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by some of the blowout predictions….history tells us that more than likely won’t happen. Ox is going to pick blowouts until it happens and he can say I told you so. I expect better from the rest of you.

Our D is still bad enough that Mizzou will be a problem. Our O in my eyes is still inconsistent. They always play us tough and noon games are ripe for playing down to the opponents level. I think it will be hard fought and close with us winning in the end.

If not, Ox will certainly let me know :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.