Moses Malone dead at 60

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. I also thought he was older than that. He looked old even in the early 80s.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The last time I even remember giving any attention to the NBA was when Dawkins was playing. After that it was sheer bordom as it devoloved into a game of individuals playing only for themselves. Now I call it the National Bordom League as it is cookie cutter teams that look the same that promottes the self serving professional athlete with their "the world owes me" persona which for me makes it unwatchable.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good time to be an ex-Sixers big man with Mo and DD passing away so close together. I used to love "being" both those guys on the playground when I was a kid. Mo got Doc his only ring. Man, I still get goosebumps listening to Zink announcing the Sixers' lineup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYTpcysbtIs

Seems like lots of my heroes from when I was a kid are dying already. Sad.

Fo fo fo. RIP, Big Mo.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Easily the most underrated superstar ever. He's never mentioned among the greats, but he had a legendary career. Julius Erving doesn't have a championship unless Moses comes to help him.

By all accounts he was also one hell of a good man. RIP, big fella. You're from an era of basketball that is desperately missed.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's all MJ's fault.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n278010 said:
Easily the most underrated superstar ever. He's never mentioned among the greats, but he had a legendary career. Julius Erving doesn't have a championship unless Moses comes to help him.

By all accounts he was also one hell of a good man. RIP, big fella. You're from an era of basketball that is desperately missed.
He was old school. He rebounded and played hard. Defended well. He just walked the walk. RIGHT out of high school. Looked old his whole life. Never tried to promote himself.. Way too young

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n278016]It's all MJ's fault. [/QUOTE]

Stern saw the success of the League due to the Magic/Bird rivalry. Marketing soon took over. He was hoping to have Magic/MJ once Bird retired, but Magic got HIV. Stern put all the weight of the NBA behind MJ. I never saw a player get so many calls. Of course it's nothing compared to the LeBron love fest we have today.

Malone and Company were from a different era...a better era. He was one of the greats. As Ox said, very underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.