Mullen catfished recruits because he's lazy

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UAA was aware of the kind of tomfoolery that was happening, otherwise they wouldn't have fired him, and they didn't try to negotiate the buyout down any. He's getting all 12 million, and every cent of it is worth it to get his ass outta here

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My vote's Grantham. The bastard dwag did his damndest to sabotage our program via general laziness & incompetence, we shouldn't rule out spying either.
How ironic that would be. The assistant most hated owed a huge debt of gratitude. Only trouble, the scenario would be like that of a murderer’s accomplice…he stood by and watched the murderer kill the program one area at a time and did nothing. Of course, Stricklin is likely as guilty if not more so. In the bigger picture, UF isn’t as guilty of lack of institutional control so much as we are guilty of institutional lack of oversight and accountability.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What a lazy piece of :kiffin:.

I am glad we go rid of him. Sumbytch. He can take his quote of "relentless effort" and change it to "relentless laziness" and shove it right up his @$$.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Of all the damning examples of Mullen’s lack of commitment, this one takes the cake. Couldn’t even be bothered to author his own correspondence to recruits.

Where do you even begin? Here’s where. He should be blackballed from the game.
well there are a lot of opening currently in P5, have you heard his name as a potential hire for any of the open slots?

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
What a lazy piece of :kiffin:.

I am glad we go rid of him. Sumbytch. He can take his quote of "relentless effort" and change it to "relentless laziness" and shove it right up his @$$.

“Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep ’til noon... until the recruiting classes keep getting worse and the Gators are one spot behind UCF in the class rankings” – Mark Twain

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to wonder about the loyalty thing. Maybe he was too lazy to fire anybody. It almost sounds like the only person Dan liked was Dan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The hilarious thing is there are apps which allow this, routing messages to someone else with forwarding capabilities, or to have a blind carbon copy with either person answering, but of course we took the cheap ass ghetto route of just buying him a burner phone and giving it to the Cowbell hoebag.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How come we never hear these stories until after a coach is fired?
you did. you just ignored them.

many of us were noting how terrible of a recruiter he was, and forwarding recruits complaining about this stuff.

but some of you don't listen unless it comes from Dooley the official drunk SID parrot.

NOW the pumpers will bytch about Mullinz for four years and blame every thing Napper does wrong on Mullinz, until Napper gets fired then it is his turn.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
which NFL team is looking to run Q power and option 30 times a game?
We really gonna pretend like the offense he called last year wouldn't work in the NFL? The guys a ****ing terrible head coach, and an even worse recruiter but he can call an offense when he's not checked out and waiting to be fired.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We really gonna pretend like the offense he called last year wouldn't work in the NFL? The guys a ****ing terrible head coach, and an even worse recruiter but he can call an offense when he's not checked out and waiting to be fired.
Last years offense was not his offense.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not the traditional offense he runs but he adapted to his players. I'll grant you that even I could dial up plays that would work if I had Pitts, Toney, and Trask but that was an "NFL" offense we saw last season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And it was STILL 45% option runs.

option works under two scenarios

1) you just have freak athletes that are better than them, and their X just cant tackle your O.

2) the defense is just unprepared.

obviously we had number one situation when we had Tebow and harvin. we had a little bit of number two going on too because at the time we were the only team in the SEC running option. now everybody runs option spread stuff. the average DC probably sees it in 10 out of the 12 games. you're not fooling anyone especially when the Dan Mullen version of it is the junior high variety and very

S
L
O
W

tempo.

his pass game was four routes and a bunch of screens. almost no combo routes.

no that **** isn't going to work in the NFL not at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator