Mullen getting creative in recruiting

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Moot point

Your bias is against anything good Mullen did.

No it's on you.
Since you don't get it I will make it simpler for you. Your question is like:

"Does the driver of a minivan consistently beat the other drivers in Formula one cars?'

If he does not you conclude he is not a good driver when the unbiased people know that the minivan driver upsetting the formula one cars on occasion is an accomplishment.

Bama is the 6 time Formula One champion driver that Mullen never beat in his minivan but played Bama closer than alot of other formula one drivers who Mullen has upset occasionally in his minivan.

• Kentucky, 7-0
  • Vanderbilt, 2-0
  • Tennessee, 1-0
  • Missouri, 1-0
  • Ole Miss, 4-3
  • Arkansas, 4-3
  • Georgia, 1-1
  • Florida, 1-1
  • Auburn, 3-4
  • Texas A&M, 1-3
  • LSU, 1-6
  • South Carolina, 0-2
  • Alabama, 0-7
I know you're trolling or brain deaf but mullen came with a TD of Bama twice and lost on average by almost 4 TDs a game

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Moot point

Your bias is against anything good Mullen did.

No it's on you.
Since you don't get it I will make it simpler for you. Your question is like:

"Does the driver of a minivan consistently beat the other drivers in Formula one cars?'

If he does not you conclude he is not a good driver when the unbiased people know that the minivan driver upsetting the formula one cars on occasion is an accomplishment.

Bama is the 6 time Formula One champion driver that Mullen never beat in his minivan but played Bama closer than alot of other formula one drivers who Mullen has upset occasionally in his minivan.

• Kentucky, 7-0
  • Vanderbilt, 2-0
  • Tennessee, 1-0
  • Missouri, 1-0
  • Ole Miss, 4-3
  • Arkansas, 4-3
  • Georgia, 1-1
  • Florida, 1-1
  • Auburn, 3-4
  • Texas A&M, 1-3
  • LSU, 1-6
  • South Carolina, 0-2
  • Alabama, 0-7
I know you're trolling or brain dead but mullen came with a TD of Bama twice and lost on average by almost 4 TDs a game

Looks like Mullens van barely won anything. In fact that record shows he couldn't out coach anyone except lesser talented teams. Except USA of course.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No I didn't. Texas A&M (3-3), Arkansas (5-4), UT (1-0) ,Bama (0-9) and LSU (2-7), Auburn (3-6) all have better facilities and resources (Formula one) than MSU. Mullen upseting them is an accomplishment not negative as you spin it. Against the above listed teams (who have better facilities and resources) Mullen has 14 wins.

Ole Miss got better talent by cheating yet Mullen still has a winning record versus them.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/best-facilities-college-football/

According to an article from two years ago, similar to you article from who years ago about his record. You want Mullen to be great, I get it... but the data isn't there to support your claim. Unlike you, I'm a data driven person, please tell me if Arkansas is so much better than MSU why is their average class over the time that Mullen was there have a difference of 10.222222 to 10.333333.... That is statistically the same. But Arkansas was so much better player than MSU... get the fck out of here dude. Franklin for Vandy was a great coach, he took less and beat better consistently. Mullen took average, sometimes beat average, beat up on directional schools to pad his record. Great Coaches do better than their talent....

Quit trying to sell us Mullen is a Formula One, when he is really a family sedan.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I know you're trolling or brain dead but mullen came with a TD of Bama twice and lost on average by almost 4 TDs a game

Looks like Mullens van barely won anything. In fact that record shows he couldn't out coach anyone except lesser talented teams. Except USA of course.
Mullen had 14 wins versus SEC teams with better facilities and resources than MSU.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
According to an article from two years ago, similar to you article from who years ago about his record. You want Mullen to be great, I get it... but the data isn't there to support your claim.

He had over 14 wins versus SEC programs that had better resources and facilities than MSU. The data does support that whether you emotionally can accept it or not.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He had over 14 wind versus SEC programs that had better resources and facilities than MSU. The data does support that whether you emotionally can accept it or not.

I'm the only one using data. You brought in two year old records, and two year old article on facilities. Not taking into account what they were before that snapshot in time, or after. You are selling Mullen and the AAU like you are personally vesting in how they appear.

Who did more with less.
Franklin with Vandy or Mullen at MSU?
Frost at UCF or Mullen at MSU?
Herman at Houston or Mullen at MSU?

that's just a start... If Mullen was so good at doing more with less according to you with no really evidence that agrees with that.... why did it take 9 years to get out of that schit hole in Starkeville?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I'm the only one using data. You brought in two year old records, and two year old article on facilities. Not taking into account what they were before that snapshot in time, or after. You are selling Mullen and the AAU like you are personally vesting in how they appear.

Who did more with less.
Franklin with Vandy or Mullen at MSU?
Frost at UCF or Mullen at MSU?
Herman at Houston or Mullen at MSU?

that's just a start... If Mullen was so good at doing more with less according to you with no really evidence that agrees with that.... why did it take 9 years to get out of that schit hole in Starkeville?
Franklin got hired away because he beat SEC programs with better resources and facilities like Mullen did. Then Franklin did great at his next school as you claim Mullen won't. Mullen was undefeated versus Vandy.

Frost did well with less (upset Auburn like Mullen has done) also which is why he was hired away. All of those coaches did well with less. Doesn't exclude future success as you imply on Mullen.

Took Kirby a while to leave Bama as he was waiting on a top program like Mullen did. Mullen knows the potential that UF has as he has 2 national champ rings to illustrate it. Mullen was smart with his last contract because there was no big buyout so money could go straight toward salary when he picked his program.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franklin got hired away because he beat SEC programs with better resources and facilities like Mullen did. Then Franklin did great at his next school as you claim Mullen won't. Mullen was undefeated versus Vandy.

Mullen should be Vandy, Vandy is a worse school with worse talent... Franklin did more with less...

b) never said Mullen won't do well, that is you putting "YOUR" narrative into my mouth. Against with your false conclusions.

Frost did well with less (upset Auburn like Mullen has done) also which is why he was hired away. All of those coaches did well with less. Doesn't exclude future success as you imply on Mullen.

Frost took a team that was 0-11 and two years later undefeated... you saying Mullen did the same? That is what you are implying.

Took Kirby a while to leave Bama as he was waiting on a top program like Mullen did. Mullen knows the potential that UF has.

Comparing being a part of a National Title team in a good situation, to Starkeville, really?

As far as Mullen knowing the potential of Florida, what is this the 1980's... everyone knows the potential of Florida, that hasn't been Florida's issue. It's an AD schitting the bed in hiring coaches.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Mullen has shown he has gotten a lot out of talent... really? Please show us where at his time at MSU that he consistently beat teams with equal or better talent.
I have shown you 14 + wins Mullen had versus SEC teams with superior resources and facilities. He did not consistently beat Bama (where most of Mullen's losses came from)but neither did anyone else.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Mullen should be Vandy, Vandy is a worse school with worse talent... Franklin did more with less...
Franklin upset others but Never upset Mullen.

As far as Mullen knowing the potential of Florida, what is this the 1980's... everyone knows the potential of Florida, that hasn't been Florida's issue. It's an AD schitting the bed in hiring coaches.
Not on hiring Meyer who introduced Mullen to UF. The discussion was on why Mullen would wait. He would wait for the potential you just admitted UF has.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Comparing being a part of a National Title team in a good situation, to Starkeville, really?
Kirby being an assistant coach (making less than head coach Mullen) shows why someone would wait for a potential great job. Mullen was just making more as he waited and getting more head coach experience. Money talks.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby being an assistant coach (making less than head coach Mullen) shows why someone would wait for a potential great job. Mullen was just making more as he waited and getting more head coach experience. Money talks.

Your argument is the Mullen did more with less, if he did such a good job why did it take 9 years as a head coach to get an upgraded job. Do you not think the Texas job which has been open twice in his tenure is as good? There have been other jobs that were good jobs opened up in that time... it's a bad example on your end.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have shown you 14 + wins Mullen had versus SEC teams with superior resources and facilities.

So you have shown he one 1.5 games a year against teams you determine are better resources, how many did he lose per year against teams with worse resources? In year 9 how did he lose to South Alabama.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Your argument is the Mullen did more with less, if he did such a good job why did it take 9 years as a head coach to get an upgraded job. Do you not think the Texas job which has been open twice in his tenure is as good? There have been other jobs that were good jobs opened up in that time... it's a bad example on your end.
The Texas people picked wrong on Strong. Then they picked a Texas coach who was doing extremely well which can help with Texas recruiting.

Mullen did do more with less than any MSU coach before him.

Same reason it took Kirby a while to wait for a team he had a previous relationship with could break the tie to move. Kirby got offers all the time. Mullen was making good money at MSU with little firing risk as he gained head coach experience. Just like Spurrier said you should leave after 10 years maybe Mullen felt that way after 9 years. Spurrier moved up to the NFL and Mullen moved up to UF where he has a better shot of winning national championships like Kirby does at UGA. Mullen and Kirby both knew they could adapt quickly to UF and UGA because they had a history and relationships there.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
So you have shown he one 1.5 games a year against teams you determine are better resources, how many did he lose per year against teams with worse resources? In year 9 how did he lose to South Alabama.
Not many losses to weak teams.
No body is perfect. Saban had weak losses at Michigan State. That turned out alright.

MSU was smaller than most of its SEC competition so it was good when he beat them.

• Kentucky, 8-1
  • Tennessee, 1-0
  • Arkansas, 5-4
  • Georgia, 1-2
  • Florida, 1-1
  • Auburn, 3-6
  • Texas A&M, 3-3
  • LSU, 2-7
  • South Carolina, 1-2
  • Alabama, 0-9
  • Mississippi 5-4
I believe all the above have bigger revenues than MSU. That is 25 wins in 9 years. If you count his wins versus cheating Ole Miss (who also has more revenues) that makes 30 wins.

https://247sports.com/ContentGaller...e-for-last-fiscal-year-118194035/#118194035_1

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I disagree. Yes, Vandy has historically been the weakest program in the conference and MSU is a bigger, stronger program with more support. But, Vandy relative to the SECe during Franklin’s tenure and MSU in the SECw during Mullen’s is far more comparable.

While Franklin is squaring off against Muschamp & McElwain, Dooley & Jones, and fading Richt in a weakened east, Mullen is playing dominant Bama, LSU, AU, A&M and cheating Freeze. There’s no comparison. The east barely won any games against the west for huge stretches of time in there.

Franklin is a great coach and has shown it at PSU. Mullen has yet to prove it - but the histories do compare well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is sich a great choice that he was Timerc's seventh or eighth choice.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Mullen had 14 wins versus SEC teams with better facilities and resources than MSU.
How many losses vs teams with equal or worse facilities? I count at least 11

S. ALA.
Vandy
Houston
GTx2
BYU
Arkx4
Northwestern

Mullens an average coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.