Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Thanks for the run down on your Facebook chat with your Miami fag buddy. Point is neither you or your peter puffin pal know what is going to happen. Muffan killed his PC and knows what time it is, so blow homeless dudes in a Miami dumpster with Dirty Mike or hop on board.
Quite possibly the most mind-numbingly idiotic post I've read on this forum, and that's saying quite a bit. Seriously, if you weren't falling down drunk as you typed this you I feel pity for you.

Please tell me you aren't a UF grad, because if you really are, all of our degrees and diplomas are slightly less prestigious now than they were before we had the displeasure to have been exposed to this dim-witted feeble attempt at grade school humor.

Also, next time you may want to lay off the redundant homophobic symbolism because any weekend hack psychologist can tell you it makes it at least 95% likely you've spent a significant amount of time with someones sack on your chin, and I'm guessing from your simplistic nature that's not something you intended to reveal.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck with that. First of all he will never sniff the SECCG so it will have to be in the regular season, and he can't beat a team with equal talent and he's a mediocre recruiter so how exactly is he kicking in Saban's teeth?
I disagree he will never sniff. I think we will sniff and even make it once.

If your point is he will not have the creativity that it takes to do it consistently, I would not disagree with you.

However, I do hold out some hope. That OSU opening drive in 2006 still makes me happy.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I guess being the OC, Mullen didn't do a whole of recruiting back then and certainly wasn't responsible for any of those players.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The state of Mississippi has 2.99 million people, THREE major universities and a bear to the west LSU and a bear on steroids to the east Bama less than 2 hours away. They are the smallest university in the conference. Heck, Mullen should have 2-3 SEC titles to his credit and many, many more 5 stars on his team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ask yourself, does this hire feel more like SOS and Urban or more like Zook and Chump?
... it sure doesn't feel like Chump or Zook because those 2 did very little for UF, whereas Mullen helped in 2 NCs & a Heisman.
We are not in a ruinous position because of our new HC, but due to the McNcrew wrecking crew. Mullen wants to come fix the Gators' broken program. Next season he'll have some early easy opponents to sort things on.

Mullen is in the driver's seat of his best vehicle yet, if he wrecks then he & Stricklin wind up in intensive don't-care.
Don't y'all think Mullen will relate coherently with our players in practices, in film sessions, in diagramming plays........
... rather than like incoherent Mac?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am a bit impressed with yesterday but it is only Coach speak. But it clearly appears that he is more enthusiastic than the last two guys we had here. I do agree like Rog said. He has some investment of the past and was a big part of those teams. He was directly responsible for helping Leak early in '05 and coached Tebow. And we can definitely say that the offense fell off as soon as he left and the Daztard took over. Perhaps its just wishing for the best, but it is what it is.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I see a lot of you guys are still butt hurt about Mullen.

I'm starting to think you guys don't know as much about football as I had previously given you credit for.

Look, I was bummed when the rumors started coming thru that Mullen would be the choice. But that was mostly due to the disappointment of missing out on Kelly and Frost only to get this guy. But the further removed I get from the sting of it, the more I'm realizing that this is a great hire.

One of the major concerns over the main candidates was whether they would be committed to the university or would they be using UF as a spring board to another job. I'm fairly certain we don't have to worry about that now. Mullen seems to be a lifer.

And most importantly, I've NEVER saw Mac doing any in-game coaching. I mean NEVER! Every time they showed Mac he'd have that lost look on his face while he adjusts his headset.

My point is... This is Florida. We don't need the best coach to be successful. We just need a competent coach. And I believe Mullen is competent. He understands your biggest asset at UF is the accessible top tier recruits.

I think he'll turn this thing around fairly quickly.

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
Well this was not a fun thread to read. Maybe message boards aren’t for me, because I feel like I need a shower after reading 9 pages of emotional vomit from really angry strangers. I dont’ know the story behind cousin Eddie, but I’m pretty sure that Mullet is a term that should only be used for Gundy.

Gator football has turned a page. It’s a new chapter. I don’t presume a damn thing about what will happen. But I’m pretty sure our new coach is going to sit in recruits’ living rooms with an NC ring on his finger face to face with young men who grew up watching Tebow, Leaks, Harvin, Sikes, Pounceys, etc. etc. That seems like a good thing.

I’m a pumper for at least the next 278 days when we get our first look at a Mullen team. I just can’t lose my sh!t over things I can’t control.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Quite possibly the most mind-numbingly idiotic post I've read on this forum, and that's saying quite a bit. Seriously, if you weren't falling down drunk as you typed this you I feel pity for you.

Please tell me you aren't a UF grad, because if you really are, all of our degrees and diplomas are slightly less prestigious now than they were before we had the displeasure to have been exposed to this dim-witted feeble attempt at grade school humor.

Also, next time you may want to lay off the redundant homophobic symbolism because any weekend hack psychologist can tell you it makes it at least 95% likely you've spent a significant amount of time with someones sack on your chin, and I'm guessing from your simplistic nature that's not something you intended to reveal.

You know a post (#200) is pretty bad when it results in me agreeing with @lagator.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the run down on your Facebook chat with your Miami fag buddy. Point is neither you or your peter puffin pal know what is going to happen. Muffan killed his PC and knows what time it is, so blow homeless dudes in a Miami dumpster with Dirty Mike or hop on board.
Take a vacation for this over-the-line nonsense.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well this was not a fun thread to read. Maybe message boards aren’t for me, because I feel like I need a shower after reading 9 pages of emotional vomit from really angry strangers. I dont’ know the story behind cousin Eddie, but I’m pretty sure that Mullet is a term that should only be used for Gundy.

Gator football has turned a page. It’s a new chapter. I don’t presume a damn thing about what will happen. But I’m pretty sure our new coach is going to sit in recruits’ living rooms with an NC ring on his finger face to face with young men who grew up watching Tebow, Leaks, Harvin, Sikes, Pounceys, etc. etc. That seems like a good thing.

I’m a pumper for at least the next 278 days when we get our first look at a Mullen team. I just can’t lose my sh!t over things I can’t control.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Something to live by.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Sign me up as well... I'm a pumper as well for at least a year. Give the man a chance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like you guys all ate it up so more power to you. To me he looks and sound exactly like the same a-hole we couldn't wait to get rid of the last time he was here. I honestly can't stand the look of his face or the sound of his voice as he feigns Gator pride while pocketing at least 30 million dollars of our money. What do you think represents how he truly feels, what he says when asked about the University when he is or isn't getting paid the king's ransom? How anyone could think this clown is worth 6 million a year and a 12 million dollar buyout (which we will be begging Sticklin to pay in about 2 years) is beyond me.

Enjoy your Mullet. There's a reason they smoke the crap, because it stinks.

There's a white passenger van at your front door waiting to take you and T REX to the battered spouses retreat.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The state of Mississippi has 2.99 million people, THREE major universities and a bear to the west LSU and a bear on steroids to the east Bama less than 2 hours away. They are the smallest university in the conference. Heck, Mullen should have 2-3 SEC titles to his credit and many, many more 5 stars on his team.

More excuses. More rationalizations.

Can you tell me why he stayed at a dump for 9 years? Complacency? You betcha.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
More excuses. More rationalizations.

Can you tell me why he stayed at a dump for 9 years? Complacency? You betcha.
A) We didn't promote from within, that's on Foley

B) He was waiting on the Big Fish, he got one

C) No rationalizations, those are FACTS

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A) We didn't promote from within, that's on Foley

B) He was waiting on the Big Fish, he got one

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

His championship aspirations were so huge and so big...he waited 9 years for an opp?

Tell me you don't believe that crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.