Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More excuses. More rationalizations.

Can you tell me why he stayed at a dump for 9 years? Complacency? You betcha.

I can name $4.2 million reasons to stay for a while at a place that appreciates you without expecting fulfillment of completely irrational results while playing in literally the toughest division of the toughest conference in the country for the last decade.

We get it you’re not happy that our coach isn’t Kelly, we do. But stop making stupid comments like this. It simply makes you, and several others here, look stupid & irrational.

Did you even stop to ponder why he’d leave all that easy money behind if he was “complacent”? He clearly knows what environment & expectations he’s stepping into by taking the job here. Does that look to you like a complacency driven decision?

GMAFB

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the press conference and I thought Mullen did a good job. He said all the right things.

The key here is going to be if Mullen can recruit. At Miss State he continuously had to compete against teams with more talent. He was competing against Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M and a cheating Ole Miss just in his division.

I don't know if you can expect Mullen to beat the top teams with less talent. We always talk about stars and how important they are... well why are we not recognizing that there was no way he was going to recruit against those schools at Miss St.

As far as why he stayed in Starkville... I don't know. Do we know what offers he had? Maybe he was waiting for a Top 10 job? Maybe he was happy there for a while, but feels like there was nothing left to do because he couldn't get what he needed to compete... that is a question only he can answer...

I think he deserves a chance. I think if he can recruit talent he will do a very good job. He has to get top 5 classes... that is the key. Can he recruit against Kirby, Jimbo/Taggart/FSU coach, Saban, Harbaugh, etc... If he can... we have seen what he can do with offensive talent. He has proven he can develop QBs (which we haven't had since he left!) and proven he will get the ball to his play makers.

Show us what you can do Dan! I am hoping he succeeds!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bnmbgcvxm g bbvmUOTE="RocketCi3*ty. Gator,
post: 634778, member: 298"]Is that before or after they2 pinn .ck up Itraz?[/QUOTE]
V vbcx I was told he was driving. I'm
Vh b.
Bm

bcmvyr
C
C &nnnbbm

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I can name $4.2 million reasons to stay for a while at a place that appreciates you without expecting fulfillment of completely irrational results while playing in literally the toughest division of the toughest conference in the country for the last decade.

We get it you’re not happy that our coach isn’t Kelly, we do. But stop making stupid comments like this. It simply makes you, and several others here, look stupid & irrational.

Did you even stop to ponder why he’d leave all that easy money behind if he was “complacent”? He clearly knows what environment & expectations he’s stepping into by taking the job here. Does that look to you like a complacency driven decision?

GMAFB

He just got $30 mill minimum to leave.

You don't have a clue.

Why did he stay there for 9 years?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had a dream last night that Mullen wasn't a done deal and UF was in negotiations with Fuente and I think another coach but don't remember whom. In my dream I was excited that we were about land a good coach, but when I woke up and realized it was just a dream, I just felt disappointed again.

This is not an exciting hire by any means. No one, including all the people who are happy that he's at UF, had Mullen as their top choice. I get that he had some success at Miss St, but his career is like McElwain's first two years here. There's some good things to look at but also enough bad things that you can't be confident that he'll do a good job. I'm so sick of "hoping" with these new hires. When Meyer was hired, I just knew he would be successful here. I haven't had that feeling in a long time. Now once again we just have to "wait and hope for the best". Well we've been doing that for 8 years. Is it going to be 8 more? I hope not, but it's certainly possible.

And at 6 million a year! Really? I wonder how many really good coaches like Franklin, Patterson, or Gundy would be willing to come here if they knew we'd be willing to pay 6 million a year. They could've gotten Norvell, whom I believe has more potential, for way cheaper. I just don't think Mullen has done enough in his career to be a $6 million a year coach. I think the price of what they are paying him bothers me just as much as the hire itself. Will UF pay what it takes to get good assistants too? Will Mullen's pay check affect the money needed for improved facilities? I guess we'll find out soon enough, but I think these are legit questions/concerns.

I'm going to pull for Mullen to succeed. I don't have a choice. But you can't fault me and others here for having our doubts and not being thrilled about this.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Mullen and Stricklin BOTH OWNED and DESTROYED that press conference. Lets hope he can whip this program back into shape. Go Gators!!

My daughter was born without a volume knob. She is stuck at 11, like Spinal Tap. Even when she 'whispers' anyone in the house can hear her.

There is a guy at work nobody wants to talk to as even a simple yes/no question gets at least 20 min of unrelated information.

My point is, there are people in the world who are simply stuck being the way they are - good or bad, they can't help it. Heck, they may be unaware, or if they are aware they are unwilling to change. That's how I see you. Stuck in this OWNING and DESTROYING mode. Wife asks if you want breakfast, to which you reply "I want to OWN some toast that was DESTROYED by butter, with some DEVESTATING coffee, and none of that weak 4ssed cream or sugar."

I appreciate who and how you are.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You must have missed when I was normal for a week. It was apart of a bet that I ended up winning. Its all an act and apart of my comedic stchick. I am normal...I SWEAR LoL

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He just got $30 mill minimum to leave.

You don't have a clue.

Why did he stay there for 9 years?

Clearly, I possess infinitely more of a “clue” than you’ll ever sniff, much less have. I gave you a very logical possibility as to why he’d choose to stay. You simply didn’t want to hear ANY reason that didn’t support your irrational outbursts. You should stop throwing a tantrum long enough to look at yourself in a mirror. Get yourself together man. Seriously.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There is a guy at work nobody wants to talk to as even a simple yes/no question gets at least 20 min of unrelated information.
I worked with a guy like that. You couldn't go in his office without being stuck in there for an hour. Nice guy but completely oblivious to the fact that he talked too much and you had other things to do with your time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m pretty sure our new coach is going to sit in recruits’ living rooms with an NC ring on his finger face to face with young men
I'm pretty sure ole heehaw did the exact same thing while talking about guys like mark ingram, trent richardson, etc. If wearing title rings on your fingers and talking about heisman candidates you groomed was the ticket to the promised land we'd already be there. Nice to see you back tho, however as an aside, I'm planning on doing a 12 mile ruck this weekend... so get ready :grin:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly, I possess infinitely more of a “clue” than you’ll ever sniff, much less have. I gave you a very logical possibility as to why he’d choose to stay. You simply didn’t want to hear ANY reason that didn’t support your irrational outbursts. You should stop throwing a tantrum long enough to look at yourself in a mirror. Get yourself together man. Seriously.
Drink bleach. Your logic sucks out loud. All you do is make excuses. You were probably a Chump-pumper and a Mac pumper. Same **** different coach.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Who is a better choice in your opinion?
I'm really disappointed we didn't even seem to pursue Norvell. He would have needed a strong defensive coordinator - but I think he could have been really good here with Florida talent.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bnmbgcvxm g bbvmUOTE="RocketCi3*ty. Gator,
post: 634778, member: 298"]Is that before or after they2 pinn .ck up Itraz?
V vbcx I was told he was driving. I'm
Vh b.
Bm

bcmvyr
C
C &nnnbbm[/QUOTE]

Did I post that? WTF is that all about?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Drink bleach. Your logic sucks out loud. All you do is make excuses. You were probably a Chump-pumper and a Mac pumper. Same **** different coach.

Nice reply to my logical response.......if you’re a child with “developmental difficulties”.

I’m sorry you’re incapable of reasoned thought. Enjoy your misery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator