Mullen > Kirby Tweet

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dunno... Eason and Fields both look mighty impressive while Fromm just looks fine.
that's the point. They do, and he recruited all of them. Drunk Nola implied smart inherited them to try and justify our asses getting beat by them routinely.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
that's the point. They do, and he recruited all of them. Drunk Nola implied smart inherited them to try and justify our asses getting beat by them routinely.
Ohhhh.... Thought you were commenting on personnel decisions. So the point is... Shart can get them on campus but makes such stupid personnel decisions his top talent goes elsewhere?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ohhhh.... Thought you were commenting on personnel decisions. So the point is... Shart can get them on campus but makes such stupid personnel decisions his top talent goes elsewhere?
no, the point is that nolas dumbass excuse train is BS. He was apologizing for Mullen bc mullen inherited trash while shart inherited a stable full of 5* QBs... even tho that's 100% :kiffin:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
no, the point is that nolas dumbass excuse train is BS. He was apologizing for Mullen bc mullen inherited trash while shart inherited a stable full of 5* QBs... even tho that's 100% :kiffin:
We’re in violent agreement. I was just adding to your point.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Twice since 2013.

And he recruited Fromm and Fields. Eason never wavered other than taking a visit. So he may get credit for signing him the same way WM gets credit for signing Driskel, but I wouldn’t add that feather to Smart’s cap.

But the point stands. Between JE, Ramsey, the backs, etc., this was a better team that Smart took over. If nothing else, they won 10 games a year earlier. How much better can be debated. But we’ll be luck to have 1 NFL starter this year off that ‘17 roster, while they’ll have about 6.

At the end of the day, let’s just beat them. We have the coaches to do it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Kirby inherited a team that had a team talent composite of 6th with 8 5*s and followed up the next year with 4th and 11 5*s.

Mullen inherited 12th with 2 5*s then 16th with 1 5*

It’s laughable that it’s even debated.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Kirby inherited a team that had a team talent composite of 6th with 8 5*s and followed up the next year with 4th and 11 5*s.

Mullen inherited 12th with 2 5*s then 16th with 1 5*

It’s laughable that it’s even debated.
This...but I'm drunk.

So according to Durty...UGA and UF had equal talent when Kirby took over.. is that right Durty?

What was the UF OL like when Butters got here?

Oh but I'm drunk...that's a good trick because I don't drink...nor do drugs.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Twice since 2013.

And he recruited Fromm and Fields. Eason never wavered other than taking a visit. So he may get credit for signing him the same way WM gets credit for signing Driskel, but I wouldn’t add that feather to Smart’s cap.

But the point stands. Between JE, Ramsey, the backs, etc., this was a better team that Smart took over. If nothing else, they won 10 games a year earlier. How much better can be debated. But we’ll be luck to have 1 NFL starter this year off that ‘17 roster, while they’ll have about 6.

At the end of the day, let’s just beat them. We have the coaches to do it.
if you and the lsu fan want to go on an apology tour for Mullen go for it, I don't care. Frankly I think the whole narrative is stupid bc there isn't much to apologize for other than piss poor recruiting.

That being said, no, the point doesn't stand. Not even a little. Nobody has argued that we have comparable talent or that Mullen inherited comparable talent. We all know it's the exact opposite by a country mile. The point is that if you want to make an argument by giving examples, use some that actually prove your point. The ones provided did the opposite. Finally, if you fail initially, don't double down on stupid by saying, well I was 100% wrong, but the point stands.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This...but I'm drunk.

So according to Durty...UGA and UF had equal talent when Kirby took over.. is that right Durty?

What was the UF OL like when Butters got here?

Oh but I'm drunk...that's a good trick because I don't drink...nor do drugs.
learn to read. Shart didn't inherit any of those players, he recruited them. Try to stick to topics you know something about, like lsu.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Smart can be messed with some until he actually wins a national championship but he has done everything else. He has taken recruiting to a crazy Bama level where OSU was the only other team in that zone probably and he won an SEC conference championship in his 2nd season after a mediocre 1st year. He seems to be a poor man's Saban 2.0 without a national championship yet before Saban started Tua and started using those receivers like crazy. Crazy good recruiting and mostly wants to play run dominated offense even though he has a QB that can throw the ball pretty good when asked unlike some of Saban's QBs at first. I think that stubborn approach to running the ball so much may get him eliminated again this season.

Mullen will never win the SEC or make the playoff if the recruiting doesn't improve. Heck Spurrier even said that to the announcers last season - that we have to get in that top 5 area being realistic.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
learn to read. Shart didn't inherit any of those players, he recruited them. Try to stick to topics you know something about, like lsu.

You reread the Topic...Mullen>Kirby

That's a greater than sign. That means Mullen is greater than Smart.

Oh you got me Kirby is recruiting better than Mullen...yeah at one time he had 3 5* QBs. Who does that..how?

And you can run around trying to make me look bad...okay if that makes you feel like a man...you win..Durty is soooooo awesome.

Mullen has taken a QB nobody wanted,.could not even start in HS and I for one think is a great improvement.

And all I got to do is mention LSU or Louisiana and you are triggerd.

We get it...you don't like LOUISIANA or LSU...you think it sux...okay you have that right.

But I am a Gator. I am a UF Alumnus

Ohhhh but you are so superior.

All hail DURTY.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You reread the Topic...Mullen>Kirby

That's a greater than sign. That means Mullen is greater than Smart.

Oh you got me Kerby is recruiting better than Mullen...yeah at one time he had 3 5* QBs. Who does that..how?

And you can run around trying to make me look bad...okay if that makes you feel like a man...you win..Durty is soooooo awesome.

Mullen has taken a QB nobody wanted,.could not even start in HS and I for one think is a great improvement.

And all I got to do is mention LSU or Louisiana and you are triggerd.

We get it...you don't like LOUISIANA or LSU...you think it sux...okay you have that right.

But I am a Gator. I am a UF Alumnus

Ohhhh but you are so superior.

All hail DURTY.
was that my topic? Did I put that up there? No. I responded to a comment you made that was completely false. That was the only thing mentioned. I'm sorry if you can't handle facts. In the future, if you feel compelled to cement a point (which was correct by the way) do so by using examples that actually prove your initial argument.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
was that my topic? Did I put that up there? No. I responded to a comment you made that was completely false. That was the only thing mentioned. I'm sorry if you can't handle facts. In the future, if you feel compelled to cement a point (which was correct by the way) do so by using examples that actually prove your initial argument.

Oh please tell me what and how to post.

You are so awesome.

Hey...I live in a swap...LSU sucks...The state is deplorable...others have said that...get in line. Everyone is better than Mullen at recruiting.

You are great...I know nothing...must be those Florida public schools.

Have a great day...I heading to church. Prayers

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh please tell me what and how to post.

You are so awesome.

Hey...I live in a swap...LSU sucks...The state is deplorable...others have said that...get in line. Everyone is better than Mullen at recruiting.

You are great...I know nothing...must be those Florida public schools.

Have a great day...I heading to church. Prayers
:therethere:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator