Mullen-SOS-Urban

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Saban, yes.

Would SOS or CUM have trouble with Shart? :lmao2: Of course not.
It has little to do with coaching and everything to do with talent. And those two are miles ahead of us. Even Spurrier struggled against better talent (FSU).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So what did we conclude here?

SOS couldn't beat FSU, Urban won against a weak SEC, and Mullen's record is smoke & mirrors?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

SOS couldn't beat FSU, Urban won against a weak SEC, and Mullen's record is smoke & mirrors?

none of it means schit without hardware in the trophy cabinet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It has little to do with coaching and everything to do with talent. And those two are miles ahead of us. Even Spurrier struggled against better talent (FSU).
The first two could recruit, and the other is totally disinterested.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kids don't care about that anymore. They wanna be treated like Gods and shown recliners in the locker room. Spurrier wasn't kissing anybody's ass.
lol.. do you think saban's a nice dude? no. you win championships and they will come. Sos won in his first year.

You throw the ball around and have some fun football and they will come, see SOS and even Lil Kiffy at Ole Miss.

Try to sell "come to Florida to block a lot and get two or three touches per game" and you get Mullinz.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Spurrier could beat fsu. He just didn't regularly. And I don't think the SEC was weak during Meyer's time. I think it was different in terms of who was trending and at the time. Meyer faced a joke in Tally every year and a considerably weaker tennessee, but a better Lsu and uga. That's the point that keeps being missed. Football in the SE is largely a zero sum game where somebody, or some group of teams will be really strong at any given time. There's just too much interest, money and talent for it to be otherwise. Some will be up. And as stephenpe pointed out in his Evan Williams laced rant, due to our conference affiliation and state rival(s), we will always face the brunt of it. Some team, or teams, that we face will be, and have always been, really good. It's just a question of who and where they fall in terms of our schedule.

So as I've stated before, put Meyer at UF from 1990-2001 and I think he has more than just two SEC titles, but I'm not sure he has 2 NCs. Put Spurrier at UF from 2005-2010, and I don't think he ever wins 4 straight SEC titles but does have more than just 1 NC, even in just 6 seasons. Different eras.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Spurrier could beat fsu. He just didn't regularly. And I don't think the SEC was weak during Meyer's time. I think it was different in terms of who was trending and at the time. Meyer faced a joke in Tally every year and a considerably weaker tennessee, but a better Lsu and uga. That's the point that keeps being missed. Football in the SE is largely a zero sum game where somebody, or some group of teams will be really strong at any given time. There's just too much interest, money and talent for it to be otherwise. Some will be up. And as stephenpe pointed out in his Evan Williams laced rant, due to our conference affiliation and state rival(s), we will always face the brunt of it. Some team, or teams, that we face will be, and have always been, really good. It's just a question of who and where they fall in terms of our schedule.

So as I've stated before, put Meyer at UF from 1990-2001 and I think he has more than just two SEC titles, but I'm not sure he has 2 NCs. Put Spurrier at UF from 2005-2010, and I don't think he ever wins 4 straight SEC titles but does have more than just 1 NC, even in just 6 seasons. Different eras.

Spurrier just didn't WANT to beat FSU.
ok.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
lol.. do you think saban's a nice dude? no. you win championships and they will come. Sos won in his first year.

You throw the ball around and have some fun football and they will come, see SOS and even Lil Kiffy at Ole Miss.

Try to sell "come to Florida to block a lot and get two or three touches per game" and you get Mullinz.

That's soo last century. The "win and they will come" mentality doesn't work on the top recruits. These days 5*s go where they are promised, cajoled, pampered, shown luxury accommodations and a commitment to getting them to the NFL. Nobody is going to Bama and Georgia because they sling it around the yard and have fun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
no, because they win championships.

or in Kirby's case he could convince them that they were going to win championships because he was capable of selling his vision aka bullshttt.

and you can bet the top receivers in Florida that leave every single year to go to bama enjoy the vertical passing games with no blocking for option runs.

you can make all the excuses you want but Dorky Dan can't recruit because he's a penis with ears, and he signed the staff of coaches that are by and large worse than him.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

or in Kirby's case he could convince them that they were going to win championships because he was capable of selling his vision aka bullshttt.

and you can bet the top receivers in Florida that leave every single year to go to bama enjoy the vertical passing games with no blocking for option runs.

you can make all the excuses you want but Dorky Dan can't recruit because he's a penis with ears, and he signed the staff of coaches that are by and large worse than him.

Georgia wins championships. Tell me more.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You can continue to have whatever opinion you want of Mullen. The facts are his win/loss record has improved every year he’s been here. His recruiting has improved every year he’s been here. And every year Jeff Brohm continues to suck and Larry Fedora continues to be unemployed, or selling timeshares to unsuspecting Canadians. I have no desire to try and convince you to get on board. Frankly the idea of you endorsing a coach or player scares the hell out of me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Frankly the idea of you endorsing a coach or player scares the hell out of me.
Yes, I think you said I should sit this one out as you danced in the street over the Butters hire.

our recruiting class GPA is currently 10th on rivals, so we will finish where we always finish under Sideways Butters.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
read paragraph 2 in your quote
I only read what fits my narrative. I learned that from you.

Spurrier won plenty yet was still out recruited by UGAy, FSU and Miami. These days it's UGAy and Bama. And they aren't one player better like back in the stone age. They're 10 players better. "Win and they will come" is a lot harder. Takes a lot more than "my resume is in the trophy case" to lure the top recruits. Saban lives, eats, sleeps recruiting while Spurrier works on his back swing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes, I think you said I should sit this one out as you danced in the street over the Butters hire.

our recruiting class GPA is currently 10th on rivals, so we will finish where we always finish under Sideways Butters.

For starters, let’s be clear. I’m an excellent dancer. Having said that, I did no such thing. And now we’re doing GPA? Our class on rivals is sitting around top five. It may not finish there, but I’m not using some new computation because it somehow helps your argument. You’re also not factoring that we’ve probably done as well, or better, than anyone else in the portal. We’ll have double the 5*s JM ever had on our two deep next year. But that’s right, the portal influx was just a temporary thing and we certainly weren’t going to see that continue or be able to rely on that going forward.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think he's referring to the 247 team composite (we're actual 7th) which is the snapshot of players that are actually available at the beginning of season. We have slowly increased the talent level since 2015 (789) to 2020 (871). A 100 points better which is pretty good progress. What does that equate to in players? Well, UGAy and Bama are closer to 1000.
Bama has 8 more 5 stars than us and 14 more 4 stars. That's an entire team of better players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator