Music On Your Mind v.2

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was taped last October. She nailed it. On tour soon, playing w/ Joan Jett at Tampa Amphitheater this summer.

Saw her in 2021 with garbage and liz phair (in tampa), she still has the pipes.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I saw Vanessa the same week in Jacksonville at Springing the Blues. She is a great singer and guitarist but a world class sax player. Laura won 'Best Guitarist' at the Blues Music Awards last year. Not in a women's category, Best Guitarist. This show is insanely good. Scot Sutherland on bass has played with all the best on countless stages. This drummer is Andrew McNeill, formerly of Ghost Town Blues Band. He has the best seat in the house.
Shout out to datflys for the incredible multicam 4k hd audio production and editing. Man this should be pay per view.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Holy crap. I didn't even know DION was still alive. 84 yrs old and great vocals! I mean, he was before my time and I never listened to his music.
Shemekia is awesome, been following her for about 15 years. She has won many awards in Blues.
At first I thought this was a cover of The Shirelles song but it isn't.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Holy crap. I didn't even know DION was still alive. 84 yrs old and great vocals! I mean, he was before my time and I never listened to his music.
Shemekia is awesome, been following her for about 15 years. She has won many awards in Blues.
At first I thought this was a cover of The Shirelles song but it isn't.

Same here....I just assumed he was long gone by now. Heck, he appears to have tons more energy than a lot of folks much younger than him.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
R.I.P. Mike Pinder, original keyboard player in The Moody Blues, from '64 to '78. I saw the band at the Ocean Center but in the 80s with Patrick Moraz on keys. Mike was the last original member to pass. This album is 'Days of Future Passed' which defined the band's sound as progressive rock featuring Pinder playing the Mellotron creating sounds of a choir and orchestra.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
R.I.P. Mike Pinder, original keyboard player in The Moody Blues, from '64 to '78. I saw the band at the Ocean Center but in the 80s with Patrick Moraz on keys. Mike was the last original member to pass. This album is 'Days of Future Passed' which defined the band's sound as progressive rock featuring Pinder playing the Mellotron creating sounds of a choir and orchestra.

Still listen to them frequently… saw them in early 80’s in 8th or 9th Grade

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Eric Demmer won Blues Music Awards in 2021 & 2022 for his work on two Mike Zito albums, “Resurrection” & “Rock N Roll: A Tribute to Chuck Berry”.
He is the lead sax player in this video from 1996 Austin City Limits with Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown. Eric is playing a few gigs in Florida this week.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
This song will be on CBS tv show 'Fire Country' this Friday evening, May 3. I've seen a few episodes, its cool that they're using good music.

Brandon had back surgery a couple months ago and is still recovering. I hope he got a nice check for this. Some fans started a GoFundMe for his medical bills while he is laid up. This link has that and all his music links. Brandon Santini

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator