Music On Your Mind v.2

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
The best honky tonk band on the planet is playing at Skipper's Smokehouse March 30, 2024.

And my tickets are booked.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
"In January of last year, I was considering the idea of making an album about the tragedy of my wife Laura having cancer. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it, but she was very encouraging of the process. I knew I could not write an entire album about this experience and my feelings, but I wanted to write at least one meaningful song that encapsulated my emotions. One morning I was sitting with guitar in hand at the dining room table with a coffee by my side. I played a chord and sang "Forever My Love" at the top of my lungs. Laura came into the room and said "What was that? Is that a song you're going to write?" I said, "I think so, do you like it?" She had an excited look on her face as she said "Yes, I like it a lot." It just came to me so I went with it and the rest came so fast and easy. The best songs usually come out of nowhere and are very easy to write, like I am not really writing the song I am just the interpreter. The song was written, but I played it and sang it over and over throughout the year. Every morning I would sit at the table and sing it loud and she would listen. She would tell me how much she loved the song, she was really proud. We had hoped she would live long enough to hear the finished version, but that didn't happen. But, she heard me sing this song 100 times to her at our house last year, and she knew you were going to love it." -- Mike Zito

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
This was taped last October. She nailed it. On tour soon, playing w/ Joan Jett at Tampa Amphitheater this summer.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
RUSH will always be one of my top 5 favorite bands. I saw them 8 times, Neil Peart is the g.o.a.t.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
George Thorogood playing Daytona next month, and Albert Castiglia is touring with him opening the shows. I posted this on fakebook, and some fugging idiot replies 'there is no room for ROCK in a BLUES club.' I gave him this example of Blues Rock.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Ally is in Australia right now playing the Byron Bay Festival, and touring w/ The Allman Betts Family Revival. She will be in Florida April 11-14, playing Orlando, Gainesville, and the Tampa Bay Blues Festival.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Speaking of Buddy Guy, my friends played Legends in Chicago last night and Buddy sat in with them for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator