My first trip to the Swamp...

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
My wife and I have decided to come to the home opener. It's my first trip and I'm bringing my daughter and youngest son which are huge Gator fans. My wife is a gamecock (can't wait for that meltdown) and my middle son well he likes the clowns (not sure how that happened).

Any advice on where to stay Fri and Sat night? Also where is the best parking and tailgate areas? It has always been a dream of mine to come to the Swamp! It's a 9 hr drive and we r leaving on Fri after football practice.

Thanks for all the info.

Go Gators!!!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope y'all are blessed with great weather. Make sure to do your best to transform your middle son into a Gator. I'm sure he doesn't understand the consequences of being a Semi and he needs your guidance now more than ever!

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure I would admit that publicly. But that would certainly contribute to his identity crisis.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hope you have a great time, Raz, but you can almost forget getting a hotel room if you haven't booked already. No biggie. Either drive home or a few miles out of town.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta get that other sons 'mind straight'... 'noles, not while I'm paying the freight :lol:

My boys started out on our laps, grew into season seats, now all grown up fans... just plant your family tailgate among the others (we were Law Library freaks back in the day), take in the band tuning up, cruise University Ave, players walk and the mojo/karma of the Swamp will get everyone's 'mind straight'. Have a good time, it will be.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Tie the middle son up in the parking lot of the hotel and explain to him this is the fate of nole fans - it's on him to choose more wisely.

For the wife, be patient. Quietly assure her that there is room at the Gator table for those who suffer at the hands of Muschamp, and she'll be welcomed when she realizes her mistake.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I really appreciate all the advise and suggestions. If any of you are going to the home opener let me know. It has always been a dream to come to the Swamp and I hope the weather is good and no lightening. I grew up and live about 20 minutes for the home of SOS. Once again thanks a ton, I really appreciate it!

Sep 29, 2015
Check Airbnb or VRBO. That's usually the avenue I take and it always works out. More comfortable, spacious and cheaper than the price-gouging hotels. For the opener it shouldn't be too difficult to find a good spot.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lake City is good solution to "no vacancy" problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator