Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Meanwhile many gator fans were asking “Who the hell is Kyle Trask, why hasn’t he been playing before now?”
When Trask was a freshman, Spurrier saw him at practice and commented on what an accurate, catchable ball he threw. My GC comment at the time, "Trask for the Heisman."

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023
Florida Sun Times
Billy Napier eyes potential Offensive Coordinator

1680981455018.png

Recently, Billy Napier had to frantically replace his staff after several assistants left to take on positions in the NFL.

Austin Armstrong was hired to become defensive coordinator, taking on play-calling duties. Russ Callaway was also promoted from within the organization to take the position of tight ends coach. The wide receiver coaching position took longer to fill but was eventually settled on as former Florida Gators receivers coach Billy Gonzalez.

After some inconsistent offensive performances during his first season, there were more than a few fans that were curious as to if the Gators' production could improve if Napier could delegate some duties to a full-time Offensive Coordinator.

Over the last few weeks, Napier's staff has been engaged in a search process to identify ideal OC candidates with the proper skills, knowledge and experience that could mesh well with the current coaching staff.

One such candidate will be very familiar to fans of the program, as it is Dan Mullen, who was just fired and bought out one year prior at the conclusion of the 2021 football season.

Sources indicate that Mullen would take on a position designated co-offensive coordinator, sharing the title with offensive line coach Rob Sale, but becoming the head play caller, deferring only to head coach Napier, if need be.

During Mullen's first interview with coach Napier, he is quoted as saying "As long as I gained more yards than my opponent, I feel like I won the game."

If Mullen does indeed land the job, it is certain to grab media headlines nationally, as such a reunion is rarely seen and would beg to question whether Napier and Mullen's personalities and playstyles would be a good match.

The Florida Sun Times will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

Happy late April Fools

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Florida Sun Times

View attachment 56533

Recently, Billy Napier had to frantically replace his staff after several assistants left to take on positions in the NFL.

Austin Armstrong was hired to become defensive coordinator, taking on play-calling duties. Russ Callaway was also promoted from within the organization to take the position of tight ends coach. The wide receiver coaching position took longer to fill but was eventually settled on as former Florida Gators receivers coach Billy Gonzalez.

After some inconsistent offensive performances during his first season, there were more than a few fans that were curious as to if the Gators' production could improve if Napier could delegate some duties to a full-time Offensive Coordinator.

Over the last few weeks, Napier's staff has been engaged in a search process to identify ideal OC candidates with the proper skills, knowledge and experience that could mesh well with the current coaching staff.

One such candidate will be very familiar to fans of the program, as it is Dan Mullen, who was just fired and bought out one year prior at the conclusion of the 2021 football season.

Sources indicate that Mullen would take on a position designated co-offensive coordinator, sharing the title with offensive line coach Rob Sale, but becoming the head play caller, deferring only to head coach Napier, if need be.

During Mullen's first interview with coach Napier, he is quoted as saying "As long as I gained more yards than my opponent, I feel like I won the game."

If Mullen does indeed land the job, it is certain to grab media headlines nationally, as such a reunion is rarely seen and would beg to question whether Napier and Mullen's personalities and playstyles would be a good match.

The Florida Sun Times will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

Happy late April Fools
Confused New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Florida Sun Times

View attachment 56533

Happy late April Fools
Cracking Up Lol GIF

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Florida Sun Times

View attachment 56533

Happy late April Fools

This is clearly 7 days too late.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Florida Sun Times

View attachment 56533

Happy late April Fools
Funny. That's a good one

As of now I would not let that Mutha Fucher anywhere near I team I like even down to a powder puff football team.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Florida Sun Times

View attachment 56533

Happy late April Fools
Now that would be an offensive hiring.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It was painfully obvious Trask had the best arm on the team during his first O&B game.
Not true. Franks had a cannon. Trask had the quick release and the catchable ball, like Danny W. Also Trask was very quick to recognize a defense and get rid of the ball to the right guy. He was accurate and on time. Arm Strength was average which is why he's having a hard time cracking the lineup in the NFL.

So sad we had no defense. We could have been contenders.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Not true. Franks had a cannon. Trask had the quick release and the catchable ball, like Danny W. Also Trask was very quick to recognize a defense and get rid of the ball to the right guy. He was accurate and on time. Arm Strength was average which is why he's having a hard time cracking the lineup in the NFL.

So sad we had no defense. We could have been contenders.
Trasks placement, release and ball placement reminded me if Danny. Spurrier would have had him in Heisman contention. But Like Danny, I doubt Trask will be a starter in the NFL. I hope he can be a back-up. Good money in it without the wear and tear.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Trasks placement, release and ball placement reminded me if Danny. Spurrier would have had him in Heisman contention. But Like Danny, I doubt Trask will be a starter in the NFL. I hope he can be a back-up. Good money in it without the wear and tear.
That kid deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member