Napier presser 2-7-24

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
I started watching and said to self "this is thirty five minutes I cannot get back". Then I listened and I walked away with these thoughts.

The Good!

1) BN is never going to walk back his primary obsession on "character". We will stay at the top of the SEC in GPA and solid citizens who stay in our football program. I do not believe this will result in championships but do believe it has always been the intent of the student/athlete historically. How well it will play in the "rent a playa" system is not clear to me.

2) BN for all his dufus looks and silly word salad linguistics is really super smart in his understanding of the ulterior motives of the coaching profession. Those of us who have been there and done that know the most satisfaction you can achieve, absent winning it all, is to develop young men into those guys you want to date and marry your daughters. Knowing you are putting the skills in place to make them successful in life as provider, husband, father, son makes you want to coach the next season. I know this is true and all those who have invested years/ decade into this role know it too.

3) He seems to be understanding that the portal is the key to his success confirmed with his "each team is different" comment along with the analyst staff are always evaluating those who we missed that may return "being number two isn't terrible" and we have evaluated every position even when we think we are deep in order to fill gaps.

4) Armstrong has been demoted regardless of what the title says. The new "mentor, head defensive coach" is currently in charge of the D.

5) Hopefully, the special teams analyst (coach) from Patriots will get everything solved in practice because games still do not have anyone in charge.

The Bad

1) I do not know whether his insistence of only choosing from coaches he has worked with previously is comfort or he just cannot get anyone else to jump onto a sinking ship?

2) This leopard isn't going to significantly change his spots. He believes he is correct and will take the torpedo to prove it!

3) He is going to succeed or fail with high character, developmental project players. He is not going mercenary........ Aaron Hernandez would not get invited to a BN team.

4) He clearly knows he is not on the hot seat and is going to continue to plug along at his methodical

Swamp Donkey is dead on here. That gulf is light years, not just enormous. I have to say I forced myself to watch this turd slog through the tortuous 34 minutes of his presser. I can say I've never seen someone at his position in a program of this caliber simply walk through the motions the way he did here. It's almost like he's literally telling anyone whose watching he simply doesn't give a damn about this team, the program, or the fans with his dead pan delivery. I believe Swamp Donkey named him Slingblade and that moniker never fit anyone as well as that. He comes across as stupid and incompetent with the exception of his acute ability on now to cash that check he's getting. I've never been as depressed in an offseason as I am with this doofus. He has no sense of how dumbfoundingly stupid he looks and sounds. Its just amazing.
Makes sense now why Coach Dabo at Clemson $hitcanned him. He knew he was a colossal failure!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's up with all these made up coaching titles and weird roles. A game changer coordinator, and now a coach for the game changer. A coach of the defensive staff ?Then the qb coach is an analyst so we can have more recruiters on the oline. But the 2 oline coaches can't recruit a player within the top 1000. We've got fans claiming they'd be happy with 7-5 next year. How is this happening? This is the epitome of a shcit show. Is an adult going to step in at some point?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What's up with all these made up coaching titles and weird roles. A game changer coordinator, and now a coach for the game changer. A coach of the defensive staff ?Then the qb coach is an analyst so we can have more recruiters on the oline. But the 2 oline coaches can't recruit a player within the top 1000. We've got fans claiming they'd be happy with 7-5 next year. How is this happening? This is the epitome of a shcit show. Is an adult going to step in at some point?
No.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you thinking of Avery Atkins or was it someone else?
Name is eluding me. Edit: Jerimy Finch. He was the outside in the gunner and just failed to cover at all like two straight plays. I dont think he played again even on STs.

Avery Atkins had some domestic stuff, I think. And he more than anyone affected the future of the Gator program.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Name is eluding me. Edit: Jerimy Finch. He was the outside in the gunner and just failed to cover at all like two straight plays. I dont think he played again even on STs.

Avery Atkins had some domestic stuff, I think. And he more than anyone affected the future of the Gator program.
#1 rated safety, Finch broke his leg at UF vs. Ut, transferred to Indiana to be closer to his children, and fizzled there, too. His son Jerimy Jr. is a 2026 DL prospect with G5 offers + IU.

(Google knows all… :lol:)

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I wish I could f'up at my job like this and get paid millions afterwards! He has NO clue what the F he is doing!
So true. I wonder what your boss would think, if after the fries come out the hot grease, you then threw them on the freezer floor and only sprinkled pepper on top. :scratchchin:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
#1 rated safety, Finch broke his leg at UF vs. Ut, transferred to Indiana to be closer to his children, and fizzled there, too. His son Jerimy Jr. is a 2026 DL prospect with G5 offers + IU.

Google likes Haley, don't know schitt about the J6 hoax, and got it wrong on mRNA shots. :stirpot:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not trying to be negative but I'm not impressed or excited by anything I'm seeing regarding our beloved Gator FB Team. I didn't watch the presser because my expectations are so low, and judging by the comments, I made the right call. Someone once said, "doing the same stupid thing over and over, expecting a different result, is the height of ignorance".
Our leadership, "that's a stretch", is performing up to expectations. The stink of losing goes all the way to the President.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Swamp Donkey is dead on here. That gulf is light years, not just enormous. I have to say I forced myself to watch this turd slog through the tortuous 34 minutes of his presser. I can say I've never seen someone at his position in a program of this caliber simply walk through the motions the way he did here. It's almost like he's literally telling anyone whose watching he simply doesn't give a damn about this team, the program, or the fans with his dead pan delivery. I believe Swamp Donkey named him Slingblade and that moniker never fit anyone as well as that. He comes across as stupid and incompetent with the exception of his acute ability on now to cash that check he's getting. I've never been as depressed in an offseason as I am with this doofus. He has no sense of how dumbfoundingly stupid he looks and sounds. Its just amazing.

Count the Drake as yet another member of the “on the fence” club.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You can just feel the excitement this time around. It's visceral!

I'm pretty sure that's just gas, from sucking all that hopium lately.

9V9F.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I don't really think he's a retard even if some here do. He is methodical and pretty stubborn, though. The bottom line is winning, which we/he hasn't done enough of. He/ they all know it....near the end of the presser he said "We need to go get some traction on the field". Yes, it has to translate or it's talk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

He did that also.

But it wasn't why he got benched the year he transferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator