National Signing Day

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I thought Hunter had 2 pretty solid seasons. He didn't get a lot of credit but was actually pretty decent at holding the center of the line and he had a very good instinct for swallowing up middle screens. Surely not the best defensive lineman to come through here but he had a role and played it fairly well his last 2 seasons. True dominant NT are pretty rare....guys like Suh and Cody don't grow on trees.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Omar Hunter???!! Omar Hunter didn't own anything except possibly the title of biggest recruiting bust of the Meyer era. Omar was a guy who was a 5th year senior who was productive his last year, nothing more, which is the only reason he won't go down as a bust. Had he been the run stopping, guard owning beast you claim, he would have been more than an undrafted free agent after his senior year. As it stands, he wasn't.

Petty. There you go. Next you will expect all posters to mean what they say.

Alky, read the whole post and comprehend. And lay off the sauce before 2pm, it's affecting your work on this board. You're better than that. You, too, AR. SMH.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alky, read the whole post and comprehend. And lay off the sauce before 2pm, it's affecting your work on this board. You're better than that. You, too, AR. SMH.
Hate to go all ENC 1101 on you, but the first sentence is your topic sentence. In your topic sentence you referred to him as possibly the biggest bust of the Urban era. So in order for him to be the potentially biggest bust, he must first be a bust. So in your topic sentence you have established your belief that he is a bust.

In a supporting sentence you state that he won't go down as a bust. However, you do not express this as your opinion, but implied public perception. If you had said that you believed he was not a bust, your supporting sentence would have been in direct contrast to your topic sentence, which is why your supporting sentence is perceived as a nod to public opinion and not personal.

I have simply given you the benefit of the doubt that your topic sentence was your opinion and that the paragraph would follow the normal structure. Are you now saying that you have intentionally formed a contradictory form of communication in which to deceive and befuddle?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Hate to go all ENC 1101 on you, but the first sentence is your topic sentence. In your topic sentence you referred to him as possibly the biggest bust of the Urban era. So in order for him to be the potentially biggest bust, he must first be a bust. So in your topic sentence you have established your belief that he is a bust.

In a supporting sentence you state that he won't go down as a bust. However, you do not express this as your opinion, but implied public perception. If you had said that you believed he was not a bust, your supporting sentence would have been in direct contrast to your topic sentence, which is why your supporting sentence is perceived as a nod to public opinion and not personal.

I have simply given you the benefit of the doubt that your topic sentence was your opinion and that the paragraph would follow the normal structure. Are you now saying that you have intentionally formed a contradictory form of communication in which to deceive and befuddle?

Yeah, uh, okay. The comment about owning the title of biggest bust was a sarcastic retort to Law's comment that Omar was guard owning beast. In order to be the biggest bust of the Meyer era, a player wouldn't have been considered a contributor to the team so as to compete against other non contributor's (like Gary Brown) for the title of biggest bust. As I clearly stated Omar was productive as a 5th year senior and nothing more, it's clear that my point is he wasn't a bust (I actually stated as much) but he also wasn't a stud DT/NG like Cody, Floyd, etc. If you made incorrect inferences by not reading and understanding everything maybe you should consider re-taking ENC 1101...or asking for a refund. In the meantime, take my advice and lay off the booze.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
When you say he was "the biggest recruiting bust ..." and then say you didn't say he was a bust, you are being ridiculous. Trying to walk it back later in the post doesn't help when it is explicit and egregious. You deserve more contumely than you have so far received. Write what you mean, or don't write ar all.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Incidentally, the opinion you wish to promulgate is essentially correct, he certainly wasn't law's rosy remembrance, but he wasn't a total bust either. He did contribute. The problem was performance versus the enormous hype his signing evoked.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
When you say he was "the biggest recruiting bust ..." and then say you didn't say he was a bust, you are being ridiculous. Trying to walk it back later in the post doesn't help when it is explicit and egregious. You deserve more contumely than you have so far received. Write what you mean, or don't write ar all.

See my post above. It's pretty clear.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Incidentally, the opinion you wish to promulgate is essentially correct, he certainly wasn't law's rosy remembrance, but he wasn't a total bust either. He did contribute. The problem was performance versus the enormous hype his signing evoked.

That's pretty much what I said in my OP on this subject.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, uh, okay. The comment about owning the title of biggest bust was a sarcastic retort to Law's comment that Omar was guard owning beast. In order to be the biggest bust of the Meyer era, a player wouldn't have been considered a contributor to the team so as to compete against other non contributor's (like Gary Brown) for the title of biggest bust. As I clearly stated Omar was productive as a 5th year senior and nothing more, it's clear that my point is he wasn't a bust (I actually stated as much) but he also wasn't a stud DT/NG like Cody, Floyd, etc. If you made incorrect inferences by not reading and understanding everything maybe you should consider re-taking ENC 1101...or asking for a refund. In the meantime, take my advice and lay off the booze.

Well I don't have a dog in this fight but I too thought you explicitly implied you believed him to be a bust. I'm not an English major but I did take honors English in high school. More importantly I did stay at a Holliday in express last night.

Instead of fighting a loosing argument and suggest everybody else has the problem with comprehension, Just say my bad, and move along.

:)

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well I don't have a dog in this fight but I too thought you explicitly implied you believed him to be a bust. I'm not an English major but I did take honors English in high school. More importantly I did stay at a Holliday in express last night.

Instead of fighting a loosing argument and suggest everybody else has the problem with comprehension, Just say my bad, and move along.

:)

See my post 4 above. It's pretty clear.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You're right. It is pretty clear. Pretty clear you won't admit when you're wrong. lol

I'm not wrong about anything as it relates to my posts in this thread. I never said the guy was the biggest bust in the Meyer era, I even went so far as to say he won't go down as a bust b/c he stayed 5 years and contributed late in his career. I then provided more context for you and the other ENC1101 guys but you still want to argue the point. If you made incorrect inferences initially and still want to make wrong inferences after I provided more info for you, that's on you...not me. Here's a language arts tip for you and the other ENC1101 fellas. You can't tell a person with certainty what they implied in their writings, you can only state with certainty what you inferred from their statements. The only one who can say with certainty what was implied is the writer himself (chew on that for a few days until the laugh bulb goes off in your head). As I gave you additional context as to what I said and you still want to argue about it, you really show your low IQ.

As a side point, do you want to also argue that I was wrong about the extent of Hunter's contributions to the program and how he stacks up compared to Cody, Floyd and Warren, which was the main point of my post? Doing do will really cement your status as intellectually challenged person.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, since we are still fighting this for some reason, I wasnt suggesting he was All American, I was talking about his body type and playing ability. When he was in there, he plugged well and occupied multiple interior linemen. Very few things on defense are as important as keeping the LBs clean. Thats what a good true DT does.

Yes, he was fat, lazy, and a guy who missed many games, including many for drug use. However on third and short you wanted him in there. Cody was similar btw, but admittedly more dominant. However his conditioning was poor and he rarely played actually. But you wanted him on third or fourth and short.

People here dont understand much about DL play beyond sacks. I understand. You guys also claimed Bullard was a failure and that you wouldn't mind seeing him go early with Fowler. I was chastised for noting Bullard was better and always had been then also.

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, since we are still fighting this for some reason, I wasnt suggesting he wasAll American, I was talking about his body type and playing ability. When he was in there, he plugged well and occupied multiple interior linemen. Very few things on defense are as imporrant as keeping the LBs clean. Thats what a good true DT does. Yes, he was fat, lazy, and a guy who missed many games, including many for drug use. However on third and short you wanted him in there. Cody was similar btw, but admittedly more dominant. However his conditioning was poor and he rarely played actually. But you wanted him on third or fourth and short. People here dont understand much about DL play beyond sacks. I understand. You guys also claimed Bullard was a failure and that you wouldnt mind seeing him go early with Fowler. I was chastised for noting Bullard was better and always had been then also.

Bullard was a beast. I'm glad he stayed for his senior year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not wrong about anything as it relates to my posts in this thread. I never said the guy was the biggest bust in the Meyer era, I even went so far as to say he won't go down as a bust b/c he stayed 5 years and contributed late in his career. I then provided more context for you and the other ENC1101 guys but you still want to argue the point. If you made incorrect inferences initially and still want to make wrong inferences after I provided more info for you, that's on you...not me. Here's a language arts tip for you and the other ENC1101 fellas. You can't tell a person with certainty what they implied in their writings, you can only state with certainty what you inferred from their statements. The only one who can say with certainty what was implied is the writer himself (chew on that for a few days until the laugh bulb goes off in your head). As I gave you additional context as to what I said and you still want to argue about it, you really show your low IQ.

As a side point, do you want to also argue that I was wrong about the extent of Hunter's contributions to the program and how he stacks up compared to Cody, Floyd and Warren, which was the main point of my post? Doing do will really cement your status as intellectually challenged person.

Omar Hunter???!! Omar Hunter didn't own anything except possibly the title of biggest recruiting bust of the Meyer era.

You're right. You didn't infer it. You outright said it.

Omar was a guy who was a 5th year senior who was productive his last year, nothing more, which is the only reason he won't go down as a bust.

That was definitely a schizophrenia moment there. He's a bust! No he's not! Which makes this statement hilarious:
Here's a language arts tip for you and the other ENC1101 fellas.

b60.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.