NBA Free Agent Deals

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Knicks are being laughed at. Dolan being called a failure. If having the most profitable team 4 years straight is failure, then sign me up. I'll fail all day every day for that kind of bank.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
and just like that, all those west coast warriors fans are now wearing laker jerseys... and all the rest of the warrior "fans" are rocking brooklyn jerseys.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) tweeted at 9:47 PM on Mon, Jul 01, 2019:
So Heat turned a 40th overall pick (success story Josh Richardson) and a project who was essentially a D league guy when Miami signed him (Whiteside) and someone who is now a middle school student into Jimmy Butler (and Meyers Leonard): Heat completes trade to acquire Jimmy Butler. Here are details on the four-team deal
()

I'm glad they were able to get rid of Whiteside. He is a great against lesser or equal centers but put some animal on him and he goes totally wuss.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm laughing at the Lakers and Lebron...they got punked, hard. Jerry West got over on his old team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LeBron changed the free-agent dynamics in 2010 when he brokered the deal bringing him, Bosh and Wade together in Miami.

More of the same here. It's a five-man game. One or two guys can change the entire trajectory. These guys know it and they're in charge.

Whether it actually works is left to be determined.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm laughing at the Lakers and Lebron...they got punked, hard. Jerry West got over on his old team.

Jerry West is a consultant at this point. As great of an executive as he has been (arguably the greatest), he had little to do with this happening. The Clippers are a sound organization with a respected front office, but Kawhi made a big time power move. He forced the Clippers to leverage their future and trade for Paul George at a hefty cost. Kawhi has to be looked at on the same level as LeBron and KD at this point. The Lakers will still be a scary team with AD and LeBron. But, the NBA is officially wide open and it’s fascinating.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jerry West is a consultant at this point. As great of an executive as he has been (arguably the greatest), he had little to do with this happening. The Clippers are a sound organization with a respected front office, but Kawhi made a big time power move. He forced the Clippers to leverage their future and trade for Paul George at a hefty cost. Kawhi has to be looked at on the same level as LeBron and KD at this point. The Lakers will still be a scary team with AD and LeBron. But, the NBA is officially wide open and it’s fascinating.

Lebron is old with a ton of mileage. It's a matter of when not if...he's going to drop off a cliff. He went to LA for the movies and all the other non-basketball BS so it serves that ****show right. Heartbreak is on the way. Laker fans are delusional.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN reporting DeMarcus Cousins and Rajon Rondo to the Lakers

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN reporting DeMarcus Cousins and Rajon Rondo to the Lakers

It’s like these guys are drafting and playing on their own fantasy basketball teams.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lebron is old with a ton of mileage. It's a matter of when not if...he's going to drop off a cliff. He went to LA for the movies and all the other non-basketball BS so it serves that ****show right. Heartbreak is on the way. Laker fans are delusional.
Lol lebron averaged 28points 8 rebounds and 8 assists last year. You're retarded

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lol lebron averaged 28points 8 rebounds and 8 assists last year. You're retarded
And? Didn't even make the playoffs. Neither did AD. They won't be a very good match because Bron needs another perimeter star player to go far come playoff time.

On a side note...Father time is undefeated.

LeBron James Is Slowing Down, and the Lakers Are Paying for It

His advanced metrics are on the deek. You can't stop it. He can't stop it. Nike can't. Klutch can't.

No one can.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan slowed, too. That didn't prevent him from winning a title in '98 or being the game's best player. He became smarter, more savvy, a better player than when he played above the rim.

LeBron is far from finished. I want that guy on my team.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan slowed, too. That didn't prevent him from winning a title in '98 or being the game's best player. He became smarter, more savvy, a better player than when he played above the rim.

LeBron is far from finished. I want that guy on my team.
His PER dropped 3 whole points from 2 seasons ago to last year.

He's played ONE full season his entire career. MJ played every game 96-98. Crazy.

MJ didn't have to lug 250-260 pounds up and down the court. Not to mention...he's freaking Michael Jordan. And Bronnie is no MJ.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His PER dropped 3 whole points from 2 seasons ago to last year.

He's played ONE full season his entire career. MJ played every game 96-98. Crazy.

MJ didn't have to lug 250-260 pounds up and down the court. Not to mention...he's freaking Michael Jordan. And Bronnie is no MJ.
Few players if any could match MJ in terms of competitive fire or killer instinct. Which brings me to the production drop. My guess is LeBron mailed it in a time or two this season. I'm pretty sure he can still take over a game when he puts his mind to it.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Knicks are being laughed at. Dolan being called a failure. If having the most profitable team 4 years straight is failure, then sign me up. I'll fail all day every day for that kind of bank.

So if our athletic department was not competitive in any sport but showed a large surplus you would be find with that? I bet not, now if it is just a business then profit is the goal, but no professional team is just a business for profit, it is about the owner's ego and the eventual value of the franchise. Both could be negatively impacted by loosing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is, for the first time in a long time ,the finals ain't predetermined. It's wide open imo. In both conferences. If the Raptors can bring Wiggins in, they can still be a pest in the east. I personally don't think the warriors are finished either. I think Russell is gonna fit in perfectly there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.