NBA, MLB, and NHL suspend their seasons

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I wish I knew why this is garnering so much panic. We get similar outbreaks every few years. And this isn't anywhere near as deadly as some of the past "pandemics". Wash your hands, stay off of cruise ships, if you get sick stay home and rest. It's no more deadly than anything else.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why aren’t we having the same reaction to the lack of bee population?

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014

That made me laugh so hard I started coughing. I'm pretty sure I have the virus now.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I knew why this is garnering so much panic. We get similar outbreaks every few years. And this isn't anywhere near as deadly as some of the past "pandemics". Wash your hands, stay off of cruise ships, if you get sick stay home and rest. It's no more deadly than anything else.
Threat, if you're still trying to connect the dots as to why this is happening and it still seems inconceivable that so much panic would ensue over the flu, let me tell you I have been right there with you. But I am rapidly changing my mind. And the reason is that the only thing I can come up with that closes the loop on this is that the big wigs who are shutting down all the sports leagues, airlines, entertainment venues, retail companies, school systems, and even entire countries are being told information about this virus that they aren't telling the general public. The normal conspiracy theories, political biases etc just aren't enough to close that loop.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Threat, if you're still trying to connect the dots as to why this is happening and it still seems inconceivable that so much panic would ensue over the flu, let me tell you I have been right there with you. But I am rapidly changing my mind. And the reason is that the only thing I can come up with that closes the loop on this is that the big wigs who are shutting down all the sports leagues, airlines, entertainment venues, retail companies, school systems, and even entire countries are being told information about this virus that they aren't telling the general public. The normal conspiracy theories, political biases etc just aren't enough to close that loop.
I've already told you I disagree, for this simple reason: big secrets cannot be kept anymore. Someone always leaks something to the media, or takes a quick photo or video with their smartphone and can share it with the entire world in seconds. It's not 1982 anymore, and this didn't just happen, it's been going on for months. Some whistleblower would have already piped up by now.

Speaking specifically of the USA, one place shuts down, and the rest feel they have to follow or they will face litigation or (even worse in their minds) be accused of not "caring". It's just the country we live in now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've already told you I disagree, for this simple reason: big secrets cannot be kept anymore. Someone always leaks something to the media, or takes a quick photo or video with their smartphone and can share it with the entire world in seconds. It's not 1982 anymore, and this didn't just happen, it's been going on for months. Some whistleblower would have already piped up by now.

Speaking specifically of the USA, one place shuts down, and the rest feel they have to follow or they will face litigation or (even worse in their minds) be accused of not "caring". It's just the country we live in now.
That’s it. Everyone is afraid of how they’ll be perceived and being sued.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

@Zambo , Ox is right on the money. An old saying comes to mind here: three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Zambo , Ox is right on the money. An old saying comes to mind here: three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.
The thing that got me to initially start reconsidering was a post on another forum from a solid friend. Not some whacko or reactionary guy. His neighbor is Chinese and has lots of phone contact with friends and family back in China and this dude was freaked out. He was quarantining his whole family starting not last week but the week before. The reason he said he was doing it was because everyone back in China that he was talking to was saying that the epidemic was way worse than the Chinese government was letting on. That the number of infected and dying was vastly underreported. To me this is exactly what you're talking about as far as the truth coming out no matter how much they want to frame the narrative. Neither my buddy or his friend are the type to freak out about things unnecessarily. My close cousins are both doctors....like "Vanderbilt, top of their class, rich people fly in from all over to see them" type doctors and neither of them are reactionary, freak-out type people either and they both are convinced this thing is serious schyt that goes well beyond the flu. I know I haven't convinced anybody of anything but at some point you have too much stuff happening and too much respected opinion going the other way to dismiss it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The thing that got me to initially start reconsidering was a post on another forum from a solid friend. Not some whacko or reactionary guy. His neighbor is Chinese and has lots of phone contact with friends and family back in China and this dude was freaked out. He was quarantining his whole family starting not last week but the week before. The reason he said he was doing it was because everyone back in China that he was talking to was saying that the epidemic was way worse than the Chinese government was letting on. That the number of infected and dying was vastly underreported. To me this is exactly what you're talking about as far as the truth coming out no matter how much they want to frame the narrative. Neither my buddy or his friend are the type to freak out about things unnecessarily. My close cousins are both doctors....like "Vanderbilt, top of their class, rich people fly in from all over to see them" type doctors and neither of them are reactionary, freak-out type people either and they both are convinced this thing is serious schyt that goes well beyond the flu. I know I haven't convinced anybody of anything but at some point you have too much stuff happening and too much respected opinion going the other way to dismiss it.
Just to clarify/ I’m not saying this isn’t serious; I’m saying I’m very skeptical of people’s ability to keep something secret.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I've been going to my primary often since last summer for blood preasure issues and the questions about international travel have changed enough that I felt the medical field knew something was cooking.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
I figured out the lawsuit issue around Thursday and posted as such on my FB page.

Once the NBA called it quits the others had to follow suit.

"Did you contract Covid 19 an a non-cancelled event?, Contact our experienced attorneys now"

Dewey, Cheatham and Howe

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator