***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs Virginia

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Virginia at approximately 8:40 PM EST on TNT Saturday night. This is going to be our toughest test of the tournament at least for our offense. Virginia has the nation's best ranked defense and we have to come out making shots, pushing our pace, making shots, rebounding, and making shots. We will have to have great games from Allen and Barry to win this one and hopefully Robinson looks like he did yesterday.

Prediction:

Florida- 71
Virginia- 61
POG- Barry

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I do not have a good feeling about this one, but obviously I hope I'm wrong. I think this is going to be a defensive chess match and a grinder.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I see it more like

UF 66
UVa 56

POG: Reprising Casey Prather Keith Stone hits an early 3 or two and leads UF to the win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like they will have a shorter lineup in there much of the game. That should help us some.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not having one of your better players should hurt them, we need much better half court play since you can't expect to get so many easy shots. Barry being back to his earlier form would really help.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I do not have a good feeling about this one, but obviously I hope I'm wrong. I think this is going to be a defensive chess match and a grinder.

I'm not feeling it either, but I get nervous even when playing Manhattan, so...

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Not having one of your better players should hurt them, we need much better half court play since you can't expect to get so many easy shots. Barry being back to his earlier form would really help.

Allen having a decent shooting night would help too. UNC-Wilmington out rebounded UVA by 7 on Thursday so UF needs to take care of the boards too.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Allen having a decent shooting night would help too. UNC-Wilmington out rebounded UVA by 7 on Thursday so UF needs to take care of the boards too.

Yes it is a team game and if say three of our better players got hot at the same time it would be a sure victory. I would be very happy if at the end of the game we could clear the bench. We have not been able to do that enough. Getting all the players the experience would be great.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It opened around 128 and fell to 124ish apparently.
I'm seeing 127 with the Gators favored by 1 (-1). But I can't access Vegas Insider at work to see the current listing, but low 120s I think would be about right. Those rims seemed tight on Thursday and the pressure's going to be amped up to entirely different level, with two of the best defenses in the country going at it. I'd be very surprised if either team breaks 70, and if one does, I'd expect it to be us since we average 78 per game and they only average 66. UVA averages 56 points against, while we average 66 points against, what they normally score. Let's say UVA gets their average of 66 (which is also the average we give up) and UVA keeps us under our scoring average, about half way between what we average per game and what they give up per game. We win 67-66. Book it and take the over. :bandit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.