***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs Virginia

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For tonight's fun fact, Canyon Barry scored 14 points this weekend, KeVaughn Allen scored 11. Gorjok MFing Gak scored 10 after scoring a grand total of 13 all year, and we still won both games going away. Basketball! :lol:
I think we play better when its a group effort rather than relying on allen of barry to have a big night.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Getting to New York one dollar at a time would be like getting from here to England in a row boat.
I bet you'd only need around $250 in gas and tolls round trip. You could find a cheap hotel in Newark and take the train into Manhattan for the games. Could easily do the whole trip for less than a grand.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I bet you'd only need around $250 in gas and tolls round trip. You could find a cheap hotel in Newark and take the train into Manhattan for the games. Could easily do the whole trip for less than a grand.
You make a compelling argument, but I'm not going. :lol:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had not watched Virginia play all year. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. How the hell did that team beat the Tar Heels? It's great to see Devin stepping up when we need it the most. If we can get kevaugh going we got a great chance to see the gators and coach white cutting down nets.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Had to watch on my phone during a company dinner out in LA. Great game and made the evening much more enjoyable!

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
What's funny is that I got really sick last night just as the game was starting and even vomited twice shortly after it ended.(Think it was food poisoning) But I still enjoyed that game immensely and I will get that sick for four more Gator basketball games this season if we play like that! :D

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
On a broader basketball note, I wonder about the sustainability of Tony Bennett's system at UVA. He has a great pedigree and is well respected but when your overall philosophy is based on holding the opponent to around 50 points there is little margin for error against good teams.

I think Kenny Smith said at halftime that Virginia's system doesn't allow for them to win when they have a bad shooting night. They seem to be exceptionally one sided and in danger of losing any game when they fall behind by a dozen points or so. I'd be curious as to whether Bennett doesn't try to recruit elite offensive players or he just can't get them to come to UVA. I felt confident at halftime that they didn't have the offense to rally against the Gators.

It's the Will Muschamp line of thinking applied to the hardwood. Not sustainable.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Getting to New York one dollar at a time would be like getting from here to England in a row boat.

With one oar?

On a real note, the wife has been bouncing off the walls all tournament long, getting our 8yr old son wrapped up in their brackets and the overall excitement. Every morning at breakfast her and our boy are evaluating their brackets based on scores from the night before. She's been hinting strongly and loudly to me that we need to go to MSG if the Gators advanced....and they have. It would only be a 2hr drive, and we could crash at her brother's to come home the next day. But at over $300/ticket I'm saying no. Moreover, she's willing to kick the kids somewhere so we can go, and I'd rather the kids share the experience, so no.

Perhaps I'll tell her we can't break our March Madness mojo of watching from home. Otherwise, I'm the bad guy.

PS - her bracket was busted early as she had Duke and LOU in the Final4 and Nova winning it all. Now she's just hoping to beat my bracket (not happening).

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
With one oar?

On a real note, the wife has been bouncing off the walls all tournament long, getting our 8yr old son wrapped up in their brackets and the overall excitement. Every morning at breakfast her and our boy are evaluating their brackets based on scores from the night before. She's been hinting strongly and loudly to me that we need to go to MSG if the Gators advanced....and they have. It would only be a 2hr drive, and we could crash at her brother's to come home the next day. But at over $300/ticket I'm saying no. Moreover, she's willing to kick the kids somewhere so we can go, and I'd rather the kids share the experience, so no.

Perhaps I'll tell her we can't break our March Madness mojo of watching from home. Otherwise, I'm the bad guy.

PS - her bracket was busted early as she had Duke and LOU in the Final4 and Nova winning it all. Now she's just hoping to beat my bracket (not happening).

Just go TLB. It's worth it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
With one oar?

I'm wondering if you can find separate tickets for less than the $300 the school is offering. I'm guessing you can now that Nova and Duke are no longer a part of the equation.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
With one oar?

Check out Stubhub. Tickets are about $150 each.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
With one oar?

Many men would say if you are married to a woman who is that excited about Gator sports and that encourages your children to be likewise enthused, there is no price too great to pay for an in-person appearance. Sounds like you have the more complex details worked out. Would advise you to make the trip.

My all time favorite photo with my two daughters was taken in the stands at Neyland Stadium after a Tebow-led beatdown of the Vols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator