***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs Wisconsin

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida takes on Wisconsin Friday night at approximately 9:59 PM EST on TBS. This will be a much tougher opponent than Virginia because Wisconsin can score. They shoot the 3 well and have 2 good bigs that can score inside. We need to play out of our minds on defense once again and have a complete offensive effort. That means Allen and Barry need to step up and get back their shooting strokes. We have to play like this means everything to us. And above all keep having fun. We need everyone to play at their best and Gak to keep providing a spark off the bech

Prediction:

Florida- 78
Wisconsin- 62
POG- Allen
WTF....Definitely passed my bedtime.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It will take a total team effort, all players must produce to their capabilities then we will win. Unfortunately we have never done this year.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So if by chance we don't win, is the meltdown going to be epic? Just want to prepare myself.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It will take a total team effort, all players must produce to their capabilities then we will win. Unfortunately we have never done this year.
dmbfndd.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta keep Koenig off the 3 point line and somehow keep Happ and Hayes in check. They aren't a team that turns it over a ton, but we've had the ability to change that against just about everyone this year. And if the game turns into a FT shooting contest, I like our chances. Can't do anything about their experience, but our team in '14 had more experience than anyone and we still lost to the hot team.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Florida's advantage is speed. Wisconsin will hustle so the Gators need to match their intensity without getting into foul trouble. Really missing Egbunu in this one but we have enough to win this one if shots fall.

Seems like we've drawn them a lot over the year. At least we don't have to look at Bo Ryan's whiny, outraged mug all game.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I get it, but not a damn one of us expected to be here before the season. Hell, none of us expected to be here after the way we ended the regular season, so I'm just happy about where we're at. Anything from here on is just icing on the cake!
You're the kind of guy that is just happy to make out with the hot chick instead of sealing the deal aren't you?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At the beginning of the year most of us had the goal of making the tourney with making the Sweet 16 as a bonus.

Pre-Egbunu injury expectations had risen to a possible Final 4 run.

Post Egbunu expectations were making the tourney with a good chance at a sweet 16.

The thing that is surprising to me is that we seem to be playing better now then we did two weeks ago. I think the real key here is Robinson. He has become a force offensively and defensively. He has become more aggressive and his ability to pull up and hit that mid-range jumper at his size is key. If he continues to play well and we get Allen going then we can do something really special.

Wisconsin is a very good team and they are going to play disciplined basketball and take their time. This will force us to defend for the full shot clock. We need Hayes to stay out of foul trouble. Our guards have been playing great D and we need to keep that going.

Our athleticism and speed should give them issues. I think we have a good shot at winning this game.

Both teams are playing some of their best basketball. The teams playing the best advance. Throw out the seeds.. these are the two best on this side of the bracket!

Let's do this Gators!!!

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
At the beginning of the year most of us had the goal of making the tourney with making the Sweet 16 as a bonus.

Pre-Egbunu injury expectations had risen to a possible Final 4 run.

Post Egbunu expectations were making the tourney with a good chance at a sweet 16.

The thing that is surprising to me is that we seem to be playing better now then we did two weeks ago. I think the real key here is Robinson. He has become a force offensively and defensively. He has become more aggressive and his ability to pull up and hit that mid-range jumper at his size is key. If he continues to play well and we get Allen going then we can do something really special.

Wisconsin is a very good team and they are going to play disciplined basketball and take their time. This will force us to defend for the full shot clock. We need Hayes to stay out of foul trouble. Our guards have been playing great D and we need to keep that going.

Our athleticism and speed should give them issues. I think we have a good shot at winning this game.

Both teams are playing some of their best basketball. The teams playing the best advance. Throw out the seeds.. these are the two best on this side of the bracket!

Let's do this Gators!!!

Spot on analysis...I agree completely with all of that...Go Gators!!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I said this before, but I don't think up to this point that the Eggy injury was the reason for our struggles. We struggled because we don't matchup well with Vandy, and because we played 8 on 5 at UK.

We are just as good of a team as we were when we went on a run of 9 straight. Time to start believing boys and girls!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I said this before, but I don't think up to this point that the Eggy injury was the reason for our struggles. We struggled because we don't matchup well with Vandy, and because we played 8 on 5 at UK.

We are just as good of a team as we were when we went on a run of 9 straight. Time to start believing boys and girls!

In addition Vandy HAD to beat UF there to get in probably.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
We need a Gak attack to win this. Gak has given us some strong minutes. We need Chioza to keep playing like the starter because, well, Hill bites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator