Nebraska Fires AD - See Ya Later Mike Riley

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Take note, this is how you fix your program and fix it quickly. Cut the head off the snake and start cleaning house.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Take note, this is how you fix your program and fix it quickly. Cut the head off the snake and start cleaning house.

Thi should have been done at UF years ago. The whole damn front office needs flushed.

Without fixing this nothing changes. The next hire will be with a new AD, who hasn't hired a football coach yet, with the exact same people from the athletic department serving on the committee's no doubt and the same people saying we can't afford anyone but a Sunbelt coach (even though hiring several and succession cost more than hiring Saban).

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Nebraska is going nowhere even with a new coach, the last time they were any good no recruit was even alive, they aren't in a talent rich area, there's a reason they ended up with Mike Riley, they can't do any better.

They are a dead program.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I guess that either takes Frost off the table or makes it even more expensive to get him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that either takes Frost off the table or makes it even more expensive to get him.

That's what they said about Michigan. That's what they said about Penn State. That's what they said about Oregon.

Programs fall off the map because they have long periods of crappy administrations and coaching.

Frank Solich? Bill Callahan? Are you kidding me?

Everybody said that Penn State would be dead. Not a great recruiting state anymore. Suffocating sanctions. Bad press. Downhill program for almost a decade.

Enter James Franklin

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what they said about Michigan. That's what they said about Penn State. That's what they said about Oregon.

Programs fall off the map because they have long periods of crappy administrations and coaching.

Everybody said that Penn State would be dead. Not a great recruiting state anymore. Suffocating sanctions. Bad press. Downhill program for almost a decade.

Enter James Franklin

Yeah, and how long before Pedo State has a bunch of football players arrested for gang rape? Will he get away with trying to hide it again?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, and how long before Pedo State has a bunch of football players arrested for gang rape? Will he get away with trying to hide it again?

Yawn.

Look I'm not saying we should have hired James Franklin. You know damn well what I meant.

Harbaugh at Michigan. Taggart at Oregon. Peterson at Washington.

There are about 4 or 5 more at lower level schools that we can hire. Nebraska chose the crap way. Just like we're doing.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yawn.

Look I'm not saying we should have hired James Franklin. You know damn well what I meant.

Harbaugh at Michigan. Taggart at Oregon. Peterson at Washington.

There are about 4 or 5 more at lower level schools that we can hire. Nebraska chose the crap way. Just like we're doing.

I don't disagree with that, just didn't like your use of Franklin as an example. I think he's probably a great coach, but trash as a person. Don't want him anywhere near UF.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

One difference, none of those places are in Nebraska.
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One difference, none of those places are in Nebraska.
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

WTF is in Oregon? Idaho? Alabama? Arkansas? Tennessee? Mississippi?

I was just in Tennessee this summer. Couldn't get cell reception anywhere. It's like living in the boondocks.

How about Basketball? What's in Arizona? Kentucky?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Thi should have been done at UF years ago. The whole damn front office needs flushed.

Without fixing this nothing changes. The next hire will be with a new AD, who hasn't hired a football coach yet, with the exact same people from the athletic department serving on the committee's no doubt and the same people saying we can't afford anyone but a Sunbelt coach (even though hiring several and succession cost more than hiring Saban).

Foley's still here!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is in Oregon? Idaho? Alabama? Arkansas? Tennessee? Mississippi?

I was just in Tennessee this summer. Couldn't get cell reception anywhere. It's like living in the boondocks.

How about Basketball? What's in Arizona? Kentucky?
:facepalm:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Enter James Franklin

What I meant by Frost off the table is the presumed pending opening at UNL will make it harder or more expensive to get Frost away from UCF.

As for the rest of you comment, Solich made a lot of sense as they had had success replacing Devaney with Osborne. The rest, I am not sure how it is germane.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska is in the wrong conference. They don't fit in.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What I meant by Frost off the table is the presumed pending opening at UNL will make it harder or more expensive to get Frost away from UCF.

As for the rest of you comment, Solich made a lot of sense as they had had success replacing Devaney with Osborne. The rest, I am not sure how it is germane.

I'll be heartbroken to not get a 6-7 coach from the American Athletic Conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.