“Swamp Kings” on Netflix released

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the story it tells is accurate I would expect a documentary that pieces together a remarkably complex and successful period for Florida football, headlined by Meyer's struggle to control the program, Tebow's rise to prominence both as an athlete and social figure, and the various subplots like A-Hern, Harvin and the 2009 implosion. Should be interesting.
I think that's most likely what it will be....with a larger focus on Meyer than the other topics, but that's obviously just a guess.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think that's most likely what it will be....with a larger focus on Meyer than the other topics, but that's obviously just a guess.

Swamp Kings, drama queen. Meyer's intensity always sells interest whether it's good or bad. Both will be on display.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
If the story it tells is accurate I would expect a documentary that pieces together a remarkably complex and successful period for Florida football, headlined by Meyer's struggle to control the program, Tebow's rise to prominence both as an athlete and social figure, and the various subplots like A-Hern, Harvin and the 2009 implosion. Should be interesting.
Hope so, but it will also be nearly impossible for them to leave out Riley Cooper's country music concert scene.

Also interesting subplot will be the what ifs as to Dunlap's DUI, Cam leaving, Urbs leaving due to his "issues" (curious how it approaches this), the 2010 recruiting class domination on paper, and the ongoing arms race around the country that we refused to join until it didn't matter nearly as much (I think it still does matter a great deal to not have a gaping hole in our facilities offering compared to competitors).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You aren't going to be very excited after you're done watching it, I assure you.

He told me he plans to watch it with a prostitute. So you never know.
Hope so, but it will also be nearly impossible for them to leave out Riley Cooper's country music concert scene.

Also interesting subplot will be the what ifs as to Dunlap's DUI, Cam leaving, Urbs leaving due to his "issues" (curious how it approaches this), the 2010 recruiting class domination on paper, and the ongoing arms race around the country that we refused to join until it didn't matter nearly as much (I think it still does matter a great deal to not have a gaping hole in our facilities offering compared to competitors).

It all still goes back to the Dolphins’ front office choosing Culpepper over Brees. If they choose correctly then Saban has a QB and doesn’t leave, and definitely not as quickly, which means Alabama scrambles for a serious “plan B” (remember Rich Rod agreed, flew his family down, took one look at Nalt’s house and bolted back to WV), and the shift never takes place. One moronic decision by Miami completely screwed UF.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm sure they interviewed every UF kicker under Meyer, looking for one he kicked in the leg. That had to be the most ridiculous bullsh!!t story to come out of the Jaguar debacle.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I adamantly agree about the Riley Cooper incident.
It must be covered because in today’s America his crime was on par with anything Hernandez did.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never realized what a homo that guy looked like.
On accounta he was a homo. But he also spoke oddly heterosexual truisms about women: "The only way to behave to a woman is to make love to her if she is pretty and to someone else if she is plain."

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just look at the promo pic. Of course it's going to be a hit piece.

iu

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm guess the scooter/motorcycle/girlfriend thing'll be in there too, unless I'm getting the timing wrong.

That was summer 2007 so I would imagine it’s in there. What’s crazy is I think it was Ox who posted that Hornsby has become an attorney in Broward(I think). It was his LinkedIn I believe. Who’d have guessed he’d turn out to be one of the most normal of that group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator