Never Forget

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was on recruiting duty at the time (U.S. Army), sitting with a potential recruit in my vehicle on our way to processing station. I received a call to turn around and return to the station. Arrived back at station in time to see the second plane hit on live television with my recruit, and recruiters from my branch and all the other branches huddled around a TV in our offices. My recruit then asked me "how long will the MEPS (MILITARY ENTRANCE PROCESSING STATION) be closed because I can't wait to get in now."
I was a recruiter for another 3 years and experienced the most touching and humbling thing in my life. The parents of Soldiers who enlisted from our station came in to inform us that their child had made the ultimate sacrifice. We had 3 that never returned.
I don't really like that of course. it just means thank you for posting.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I had just started an outside sales job the week before and was heading out to make some cold calls. I still remember hearing it on the stereo and Larry the Cable Guy was already convinced that it was terrorist related....had to double back to my house to get samples I had left and saw my room mate staring at the TV. He was speechless standing there looking at me and back at the TV.....right about that time the 2nd plane flew into the other tower.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator