New CFP rankings - OSU# 1 - Who gets in?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
College Football Playoff - Rankings

1 Ohio State University 11-0
2 Louisiana State University 11-0
3 Clemson University 11-0
4 University of Georgia 10-1
5 University of Alabama 10-1
6 University of Utah 10-1
7 University of Oklahoma 10-1
8 University of Minnesota 10-1
9 Baylor University 10-1
10 Penn State University 9-2
11 University of Florida 9-2
12 University of Wisconsin 9-2
13 University of Michigan 9-2
14 University of Oregon 9-2
15 Auburn University 8-3
16 University of Notre Dame 9-2
17 University of Iowa 8-3
18 University of Memphis 10-1
19 University of Cincinnati 10-1
20 Boise State University 10-1
21 Oklahoma State University 8-3
22 University of Southern California 8-4
23 Iowa State University 7-4
24 Virginia Tech 8-3
25 Appalachian State University 10-1
---------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of games this week so things could change a lot. I just don't see how the committee could let Bama go over Oklahoma with only one good win over a 4 loss Auburn team despite the SECN talking heads thinking they could. 2 Baylor wins would make Oklahoma's resume better than Utah's.

If LSU was surprised by GA I now think they would go over a 1 loss conference champ just because their wins resume would be much better. I don't agree with doing that however when the conference champ doesn't have more losses than the non-conference champ.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just thinking if Minnesota upset Wisconsin there is a rare chance we could miss the NY6 bowl games.

A Michigan upset of OSU could knock us out of the NY6 also.

Last edited:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Mostly, the teams w all the five stars as always.

But #StarsDontMatter #Stargazers

who actually says #StarsDontMatter on GC?

I see references to the claim being made that stars don’t matter, but can’t recall seeing the actual posts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
who actually says #StarsDontMatter on GC?

I see references to the claim being made that stars don’t matter, but can’t recall seeing the actual posts.
Really? try searching astrologers or star gazers.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is OSU #1 with their schedule? LSU has beaten 3 top 10 teams. Amazing how OSU gets a bump on name alone, surpassed only by Alabama and Notre Dame . For that matter, how is Pedo State ranked ahead of us?

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
How is OSU #1 with their schedule? LSU has beaten 3 top 10 teams. Amazing how OSU gets a bump on name alone only surpassed by Alabama and Notre Dame . For that matter, how is Pedo State ranked ahead of us?
Rationale is “consistency on both sides of the ball”. It’s very easy to be consistent when you average a star plus better at every position against every team you play. Exception being PSU and guess what? Close game!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer leaves, the beat goes on. Like Florida in ‘84, it’s the OC who matters most in continuing the trajectory. We’ll see if Day can recruit on his own.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer leaves, the beat goes on. Like Florida in ‘84, it’s the OC who matters most in continuing the trajectory. We’ll see if Day can recruit on his own.
He's been damn impressive so far, not gonna lie, and fugging HATE Crackumbus.

He is going to beat Meatchicken so bad Crete will be bruised for a two weeks.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's been damn impressive so far, not gonna lie, and fugging HATE Crackumbus.

He is going to beat Meatchicken so bad Crete will be bruised for a two weeks.

We needed a seamless transition from Meyer to the next guy while still on top the way that Osu has experienced. Instead, we bought in to a narrative that everything had changed—in one night, mind you—and that we needed to go 180 degrees the other direction. Add that to hiring a perennial loser who always has a built in excuse for why he sucks at life, and that’s literally the difference between Osu 2019 and beyond, and UF 2010 and beyond.

For that matter, you could make the same argument for Utah since 2004.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We needed a seamless transition from Meyer to the next guy while still on top the way that Osu has experienced. Instead, we bought in to a narrative that everything had changed—in one night, mind you—and that we needed to go 180 degrees the other direction. Add that to hiring a perennial loser who always has a built in excuse for why he sucks at life, and that’s literally the difference between Osu 2019 and beyond, and UF 2010 and beyond.

For that matter, you could make the same argument for Utah since 2004.
Yep. Everyone thought pro style was the way to go after Bama pantsed us in Atlanta in 2009. Whoops.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Larry Coker after taking over for Butch Davis.

2001 12-0
2002 12-1
2003 11-2
2004 9-3
2005 9-3
2006 7-6

Slowly, slowly ... gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well we were 7-5 and a dumpster fire with parts that basically didn't fit any offense.

We had a passing QB, a couple of Elijah Williams-lite scat backs and receivers that didn't have the hands to play LB.

I actually think other than not moving the Smurfs to special teams and playing Gillie and Moody at RB, we did about what we could with that team. The NE spread was as functional with that "talent". The offense was garbage and we some how had an offense setup to have the QB as the primary running back, RBs who were meant to be an outside run changeup to the power QB, WR's recruited for their blocking abilities first (right from Meyer's book) and no running QBs.

The 2012 offense was total garbage, total Dwagshyt Ray Goof ball control crap.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yep. Everyone thought pro style was the way to go after Bama pantsed us in Atlanta in 2009. Whoops.
I can honestly say I didn’t - and hated the idea of it. Felt like we were going backward in time. Pros always lag behind the innovation of college - and with contracts, it makes sense - so chasing their system makes no sense. We do need to update now though - Mullen should take a hard look at Clemson and others that have had success against Bama and UGA. Those defenses are vulnerable if exploited correctly.

Separately, I did talk to my CU football neighbors. Emphatically agreed that they prefer a noon to three o clock game. Got that partying to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.