New from Pets Heads Falling Off U: CGJ has hard words for UF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Chauncey is a turd. The turd of turds.

Even if it's true, I have no respect for whiners on Twitter. None. Be an effing man.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to recall Chauncey catching hell for being a poor tackler, indecisive, and not very physical early on in his UF career. I recall there being a lot of feedback in that regard. I contributed to it here on GC. But it was true. To his credit, he became a different player his last season. It could be argued that he took the criticism to heart, worked, and got better. He’s a pro now. But it’s also in vogue to air your grievances to a broad audience. Take it for what it’s worth.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Is UF actively recruiting you to play football right now? If not, then it does not matter whether you believe these players or not. What does matter is whether the recruits believe what they see. I am willing to go out on a limb here and state that they will take the word of former players on Twitter over a lot of other sources - including the coaches - if there are multiple complaints. Mullen has allowed a bad perception problem to develop and it needs to be addressed.

I think most would agree with this but most are also sick and tired of non stop tweeting of feelings. He should have thrown the culprit under the bus and not the school. Kinda of a cowardly way to handle it in my opinion.

Not sure why some of you bag on Mullen so much either, damn did you not just see him come in 2nd today for another elite recruit?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
What if no one actually did anything that needs to be addressed? You are making an assumption.
uh huh. As are you. Because you don’t like “twitter whiners”. The only assumption I am making is that a bad perception with recruits is forming and it is fueled by stuff like this. It’s just my opinion but I do not remember seeing recruits beating down the door lately.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
uh huh. As are you. Because you don’t like “twitter whiners”. The only assumption I am making is that a bad perception with recruits is forming and it is fueled by stuff like this. It’s just my opinion but I do not remember seeing recruits beating down the door lately.
That's because of Mullen, the head of the snake, not the staff. It is what it is. We'll have to hope he holds down the fort enough so we aren't completely in the toilet for the next coach.

Swapping assistant coaches in and out is meaningless if you have a mediocre head coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This flaming Turdfest may self-destruct more ferociously than the last two.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think most would agree with this but most are also sick and tired of non stop tweeting of feelings. He should have thrown the culprit under the bus and not the school. Kinda of a cowardly way to handle it in my opinion.

Not sure why some of you bag on Mullen so much either, damn did you not just see him come in 2nd today for another elite recruit?
I am not disagreeing with the first paragraph - I am tired of it too. And it is impossible for the coaches to strongly respond to it - if they say anything negative in return, they look petty but if they don’t, it adds credibility. Lose-lose. But unfortunately, its the reality we live in today. I do not follow other schools enough to know if they suffer the same issues but it still is not a good look for us.

And you got a laugh out of me on the second part. Well done.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That's because of Mullen, the head of the snake, not the staff. It is what it is. We'll have to hope he holds down the fort enough so we aren't completely in the toilet for the next coach.

Swapping assistant coaches in and out is meaningless if you have a mediocre head coach.
Meeeeeeeehhhhhhh I think Mullen is better as a coach than Ogre but Ogre made some good assistant moves that maxed LSU’s talent, which worked out pretty well. Will he do it? Probably not. But swapping assistants can work.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meeeeeeeehhhhhhh I think Mullen is better as a coach than Ogre but Ogre made some good assistant moves that maxed LSU’s talent, which worked out pretty well. Will he do it? Probably not. But swapping assistants can work.
A Heisman QB cures a lot of ills. They are going to lose 5 games this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A Heisman QB cures a lot of ills. They are going to lose 5 games this year.
Mullinz had Dak and it didnt cure anything.

He still got his teeth kicked in by any team w a pulse.

And Burp Bielema too.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, who was terrific in his final year at UF and played a ton last season for the Saints, is trying to get his degree. Admirable! However, he took the opportunity to publicly let Florida (and everyone on Twitter) know he wouldn't be graduating from that university.

Considering his command of the English language he shouldn't be graduating from anywhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to take the side of a fat slob Dwag over a Gator?

Weird play. I dont get the loyalty some of you have to garbage coaches who arent and never will be Gators.

75e05604aad32e.jpg

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the coaches were correct with him and Polite.

Hell, Jawaan Taylor was supposed to be a top 10 pick and fell out of the first round.

V Joseph being drafted was a laugher to me. The guy was undisciplined as they come.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Again, I want to know the other side of the story before I throw people under the bus. We never get the other side. And this turd is obviously relying on second-hand information ("So-and-so said you were too slow and we shouldn't draft you") which is also probably either totally fabricated or at the very least exaggerated.
The other side of the story? What's his side of the story?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Does a college coach answer NFL coaches questions truthfully about skill, work ethic, temperament, etc? If a college coach doesn't answer those question truthfully and objectively, the pro coach will distrust the coach and program. That's not good for anybody. I am sure SOS and UM weren't sunshine pumpers. If CGJ heard that UF coaches had negative comments he should call the offending coach or look in the mirror and ask himself if there is any truth in the coach's comments.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Does a college coach answer NFL coaches questions truthfully about skill, work ethic, temperament, etc? If a college coach doesn't answer those question truthfully and objectively, the pro coach will distrust the coach and program. That's not good for anybody. I am sure SOS and UM weren't sunshine pumpers. If CGJ heard that UF coaches had negative comments he should call the offending coach or look in the mirror and ask himself if there is any truth in the coach's comments.
Kids adults in their 20's don't want to hear constructive criticism and make themselves better from it. They want to blame everyone else for their problems, I deal with it from my 9-year-old on the daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.