New LED lights in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
honestly, a fresh coat of paint and some LEDs is exactly what I expect from this group. doesn't get any cheaper than that, see the locker room.
Probably get their LEDs from Home Depot post-Christmas when the sales are best. But I bet they splurge on the programmable ones. Crowd noise will wash out the Christmas music.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
While we are on super fixable facilities issues... We spent all those millions on a new arena and we still have the TV camera facing the alumni side for basketball instead of the student side. Now that we have that new area with food buffets there are empty seats the whole game on level 1 because all the big boosters go to eat and drink and watch the game. Makes our crowd look so pathetic on TV. Infuriates me to no end.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think the LED lights suck. They look terrible on TV and make everyone look like they're glowing. They're a distracting gimmick. How 'bout we spend our money on something that helps us get better f**king football players.
That's the whole idea. Smart was going nuts because the FL-GA game causes him to lose a recruiting weekend under the light show. It's not a coincidence that Bama and GA eats our lunch on the recruiting trail and both have things like LED stadiums. Kids dig that ****.
I hate it for TV viewing, it's epileptic inducing.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I think the LED lights suck. They look terrible on TV and make everyone look like they're glowing. They're a distracting gimmick. How 'bout we spend our money on something that helps us get better f**king football players.

Great point. Start the Bag Man Fund to enhance 5-star recruitment.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That's the whole idea. Smart was going nuts because the FL-GA game causes him to lose a recruiting weekend under the light show. It's not a coincidence that Bama and GA eats our lunch on the recruiting trail and both have things like LED stadiums. Kids dig that ****.
I hate it for TV viewing, it's epileptic inducing.
Hate this attitude among fans and our admin. Our comp is providing a better experience. If all else is fair, why would anyone think we should be outrecruiting them?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hate this attitude among fans and our admin. Our comp is providing a better experience. If all else is fair, why would anyone think we should be outrecruiting them?
Obviously being a top 10 public University should be enough.
Kids walk on to our competitions campuses and see programs dedicated to football and winning. Yeah stupid **** like LED's and recliners and waterfalls. But it projects an image of being committed. Something they don't get at UF.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Kids walk on to our competitions campuses and see programs dedicated to football and winning. Yeah stupid **** like LED's and recliners and waterfalls. But it projects an image of being committed. Something they don't get at UF.
Not only do they not get it at UF - our admin brags about it! Foley was a cancer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lol... yeah it sure seems to help Stanford, Vandy and UC Berkeley.

One wonders how Bammer, Climpson and Crackumbus manage to land recruits at all w recruits so focused on academics.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Was this a swipe at me?

No of course not, just my view of reality. I don't make contributions and have no idea if you do. And first I don't swipe at management or ownership, and if I did there would be no question.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The only lights that matter are the ones keeping score

However, if we must install LED lights, we should up the ante and hang a disco ball above the 50 yard line, too.

And if @soflagator gets to have his lasers, I want the cheerleaders dancing in suspended cages

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I specifically saw Stricklin pointing to the leds while talking to Mullen pregame at Lsu this year. I dont think this idea is far fetched.
Why pregame @ LSU were our AD and HBC discussing light bulbs?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many of you remember the lighting 30 or 40 years ago, before the upgrade. It was embarrassingly awful. It was so bad that the networks complained about covering night games at Florida Field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many of you remember the lighting 30 or 40 years ago, before the upgrade. It was embarrassingly awful. It was so bad that the networks complained about covering night games at Florida Field.
we've always been tight ass mofos.

My pee wee league had great lighting in the 70s.

Last edited:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
We played night games but, they refused to televise them I thought.
Not a lot of TV games period until ESPN came along

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.