New LED lights in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
When the world is coming to an end I want to be camped inside the UAA because everything seems to happen ten years later at UF.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the LED lights suck. They look terrible on TV and make everyone look like they're glowing. They're a distracting gimmick. How 'bout we spend our money on something that helps us get better f**king football players.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think the LED lights suck. They look terrible on TV and make everyone look like they're glowing. They're a distracting gimmick. How 'bout we spend our money on something that helps us get better f**king football players.
So the selling point is that pro stadiums have them - kids get to feel like the pros. I can see it. Probably not even that expense, relatively speaking. We spent a ton of money on the basketball light show - why not football? More I think about it, more I like it.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
This. I don’t want to copy a gdamned thing that UGay is doing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Orange and Blue LED's??? I think it would look cool and anything to upgrade what we're doing with facilities. Foley was a complete moron, "we're not getting into an arms race". No you friggin' moron, we're in a recruiting race.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While we’re at it, why don’t we have stripper poles?

This is an upgrade I think we would get more fan involvement from. Concentrate beer sales near each pole and you have the makings of a very successful upgrade!

Besides, there’s plenty of cheap labor to man the poles up in Tally.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is like the GC bat signal.

Florida Gators AD Jeremy Foley: 'We're not getting into an arms race' with our facilities

“As you look around our facilities, we’re not into bells and whistles,” said Foley. “We’re always looking to upgrade our facilities, but we’re not getting into an arms race.”

That thought process is still pervasive. And while we give crap to the UAA, I’m starting to think that boosters feel the same way. If they didn’t, they’d be throwing more money for improvements and demanding them.

I bet most boosters who give decent amounts of money want value for their money. They probably are conservative with their funds and expect their donations to be used wisely. That said they expect management to keep up with things that have value even if it is only looking good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I bet most boosters who give decent amounts of money want value for their money. They probably are conservative with their funds and expect their donations to be used wisely. That said they expect management to keep up with things that have value even if it is only looking good.
Was this a swipe at me?

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I specifically saw Stricklin pointing to the leds while talking to Mullen pregame at Lsu this year. I dont think this idea is far fetched.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
They should put a plaque outside of the new facilities, whenever the hell they finally get built, with Foley's words for generations of Gators fans to see:

"We're not getting into an arms race." - Jeremy Foley

This way when our great grand children ask, "Pa, UF used to be a football powerhouse?" We can show them the perpetrator and his infamous words!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This. I don’t want to copy a gdamned thing that UGay is doing.
Didn’t realize we had UAA folks on the board.

“Who needs an IPF?” “Our dorms are fine.” “I can’t believe we’re wasting money on a football only facility.” “Bout time we got a new baseball stadium. Underwater basket weaving needs a new pool before we start messing with the football facility.”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
honestly, a fresh coat of paint and some LEDs is exactly what I expect from this group. doesn't get any cheaper than that, see the locker room.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
News alert. We’ve been behind on lighting for the longest time. The TV networks complained like crazy about night games through the ‘80s. Not until Steinbrenner ponied up the money did we get to normal.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Glad you brought this up op. You know it's going to be 10 years and we are gonna wait until everybody except us and Vanderbilt gets them before we go, "oh... I guess we better get that too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator