Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thinking on White's interview or all his interviews, can it be noted that he's calm or does he seem lethargic?
Never seen hustle come from calm. Observe the demeaner coaches in the Sweet 16. Nobody is laid back. Kids need to get pumped.

Hey Rog, did you major psychology? :D

No I'm just a real calm, do nothing guy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I love this pick up. We've been lacking players with some dog in em. Idk why he's rated so low but I see alot skills that translate in his tape.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
If #2 is true I really love that because I'm tired of our team never being able to match others' emotions. What are his off court concerns? I saw that he has good grades and ACT scores so I'm surprised about that.
He is a great student and I think will offer exactly what we have been missing...swagger. with Scottie, Tre, Payne, and Ques we should be way more talkative in general

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Watching what Harper for Auburn is doing in the tourney makes me like this pick up. Get me a quick guard that can break down a defense.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
This thread reads like I imagine Kentucky football threads. Only, we aren’t UK football-esque in basketball. Our limited, but strong, recent tradition is far better. I hope he’s awesome, but all objective analysis of his scholarship list suggests he leaves before ever playing meaningful minutes. We recruited him 1-3 days and he’s 110% commmited (woohoo, he loves the Gators!!! Though we never heard of him until today) because we are the only school permitted to offer an athletic scholarship that offered.

I feel bad for seemingly bashing a Gator commit, but this is way out of left field (or the left field bleachers).

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
You haven’t seen? White is only 1 of 10 in the Tourney the past 4 years. He’s also known as a Big Developer.
No, "dipsch!t," he's one of only ten coaches to win at least one game in the tourney each of the last three years. Just think, there's only 341 other coaches who wish they could say the same...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling we’re going to be really good next year. Need to address the 4/5 with these last two spots, w/Blackshear as my #1 target.

Let’s get it

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Here's a full game of Ques Glover with his Maze team. He is fast and quick. Due to the camera angle, I can't tell how fast he is. If he can get anywhere near Jared Harper running the floor, Ques is a steal.
Ques is zero on the black team.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

He is a stud. Top 10 player in Tennessee. Great scorer and is highly competitive.

The reason he is lacking offers stems from a couple of issues

1. Off court concerns.
2. More of a show boating/trash talking player. Constantly talking during games apparently

Number 2 I love because we have been a robot team recently. Number 1 can be fixed and controlled

He won Tourney MVP in beating the #1 player in the Country's team to win the State title by a lot. He scored like 25 in the game

Bingo Lee. I was thinking what's wrong with #2?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Watching his tape he kind of reminds me of Markus Howard from Marquette who is only 5'11..

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
GRAD TRANSFER PROSPECT:

Joey Brunk, 6-11, 230, C, Butler (former 4-star recruit)
Stats: 7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg
Quick Scout: “Big, strong post player who plays hard as hell. Can score in the paint and is a great team guy.”
Schools: Indiana, Ole Miss, UCF, Florida, Northwestern

These Are the Best College Basketball Players Transferring This Offseason - Stadium

"This past season, Brunk averaged 7.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per game while shooting nearly 62 percent from the floor. Those numbers came in just 18.6 minutes per contest.

Listed at 6-foot-11 and 230 pounds, Brunk was one of the most efficient low-post scorers in the entire Big East. To go along with his ability to score on the low block, Brunk showed himself to be a willing and effective passer, and also has a solid touch in the mid-range.

Brunk did play seven games as a freshman, but he was granted a redshirt year due to missing time with the team while tending to his ailing father who eventually passed away due to complications from cancer...he is on pace to be a May graduate, and will have two years remaining of eligibility to play at a school coming forward."

247 article: Joey Brunk makes decision to transfer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator