Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
If Coack K retires I could see Dawkins to Duke and MW to UCF and I would love it.
Dawkins has won three tourney games in 10 years as a head coach. I think you need thicker glasses.

th

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm trying to learn. Blackshear at 6'10" is an inside operator, yet he hits only 50% of his shots. Hayes was not considered a scorer, but he hit 67% of his shot. Each missed shot seems like a turnover. Still, I'd rather have a 50%er shoot instead of a 30%er. And I like having depth in the frontcourt, along with "stand your ground" bulk.
Grow Gators and Grow White.
Besides Blackshear, notice all of the teams with multiple bigs in the Elite Eight? I don't care where they come from but by @#$ get some!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ditto Frozen and you never know when one of these giants masters his position - all to our good.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, who dafuq wants to follow Coach K?
Exactly... almost like following Billy Donovan at Florida.

Here's a recent Mike White quote talking about next year's team and style.

“I don’t know how we’ll play next year.” he said. “I don’t care. We want to max out, we want to get to March and we want to make a run.”

He get's it. It's about making a run in March. That's all that matters. That's how success is measured. He'll get some horses and make a run.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly... almost like following Billy Donovan at Florida.

Here's a recent Mike White quote talking about next year's team and style.

“I don’t know how we’ll play next year.” he said. “I don’t care. We want to max out, we want to get to March and we want to make a run.”

He get's it. It's about making a run in March. That's all that matters. That's how success is measured. He'll get some horses and make a run.

All that matters is hitting shots, sir.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thinking on White's interview or all his interviews, can it be noted that he's calm or does he seem lethargic?
Never seen hustle come from calm. Observe the demeaner coaches in the Sweet 16. Nobody is laid back. Kids need to get pumped.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Thinking on White's interview or all his interviews, can it be noted that he's calm or does he seem lethargic?
Never seen hustle come from calm. Observe the demeaner coaches in the Sweet 16. Nobody is laid back. Kids need to get pumped.
Hey Rog, did you major psychology? :D

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just heard about a 2019 PG commit to the Gators, out of Knoxville.

Coach White filling open spots. Need to get a 6'7"-8" swing-man type player next.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Just heard about a 2019 PG commit to the Gators, out of Knoxville.

Coach White filling open spots. Need to get a 6'7"-8" swing-man type player next.

5'11 guard whose best offers were Yale and Loyola Chicago... Womp womp... Why not just save the roster spot for next year? Hope I'm wrong and he becomes the next gator "quezzie."

I predict he will transfer in 2020.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5'11 guard whose best offers were Yale and Loyola Chicago... Womp womp... Why not just save the roster spot for next year? Hope I'm wrong and he becomes the next gator "quezzie."

With the departure of Okauru, we needed another ball handler as Nembhard and Mann could both end up opting for the NBA after next season. We have lots of scholarships to give out - still have two unclaimed; no reason to save them.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014

He is a stud. Top 10 player in Tennessee. Great scorer and is highly competitive.

The reason he is lacking offers stems from a couple of issues

1. Off court concerns.
2. More of a show boating/trash talking player. Constantly talking during games apparently

Number 2 I love because we have been a robot team recently. Number 1 can be fixed and controlled

He won Tourney MVP in beating the #1 player in the Country's team to win the State title by a lot. He scored like 25 in the game

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I gotta admit, I don't like the signing. Hopefully White knows what he is doing.

I like the commit. An underrated player who should develop into a good to great player. I'd liken him to SGA that Cal stole from us (Not style but being underrated)

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

1. Off court concerns.
2. More of a show boating/trash talking player. Constantly talking during games apparently

Number 2 I love because we have been a robot team recently. Number 1 can be fixed and controlled

He won Tourney MVP in beating the #1 player in the Country's team to win the State title by a lot. He scored like 25 in the game

Hope you are right. He looks really quick which is a skill we don't have right now.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016

He is a stud. Top 10 player in Tennessee. Great scorer and is highly competitive.

1. Off court concerns.

If #2 is true I really love that because I'm tired of our team never being able to match others' emotions. What are his off court concerns? I saw that he has good grades and ACT scores so I'm surprised about that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Considering our best team since the 04's had unlimited swagger with Scottie and Patric running the show, I'll take a kid with a little bravado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.