Gator Basketball Next year’s basketball roster: Mike White lands #1 Graduate Transfer Kerry Blackshear

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fire the bastard!

Keep White if he can establish a program that recruits and trains recognizing that inside "bigs" success is just as crucial as outside jump shots.?? Add whoever can move us in that direction. If White (or any HC) can't do that then what good can they do Florida basketball? The many schools that are going to beat us, what are they doing that we are not?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Courtside Films (@CourtsideFilms) tweeted at 6:19 PM on Thu, Jun 06, 2019:
Scottie Lewis is on another level #1 SF in the class of 2019 @Scott_lewis_23

Full Vid: Florida Bound Scottie Lewis ULTIMATE Mixtape! Courtside Films on Twitter
()

giphy.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I saw a lot of dunks. Actually, all dunks and 1 jumper. Hope he makes it to the rim regularly against top tier college talent, not the high school talent he’s used to.

I too wonder if his skill set with seamlessly translate to college. Lewis is known for defense too and I will say that Wilbekin translated to college fairly seamlessly on defensive.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a lot of dunks. Actually, all dunks and 1 jumper. Hope he makes it to the rim regularly against top tier college talent, not the high school talent he’s used to.

The highlight dunk tape against highschoolers doesn’t mean jack shiit.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This article mentions a few things,

Virginia Tech’s Kerry Blackshear Jr. is Still Mulling it Over

1. His decision won't be any time soon.

2. Florida, Tinerc, Kintuckie, Arkansas, aTm, and Mich. St. are all in the running. Maybe more will be added.

3. He is no longer considering going overseas.

Mike White doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of landing this kid who is saavy and his father is too.....jfc....the whole idea of it is a giant waste of time. His former coach now at aTm is his most likely spot.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Mike White doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of landing this kid who is saavy and his father is too.....jfc....the whole idea of it is a giant waste of time. His former coach now at aTm is his most likely spot.

The only reason he goes to aTm is the head coach. It is the absolute worst spot for him if he is eyeing the nba.
I'm with you though. I'd be stunned if White landed him. The Kelvin Jones kid or some other big is the most likely.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason he goes to aTm is the head coach. It is the absolute worst spot for him if he is eyeing the nba.
I'm with you though. I'd be stunned if White landed him. The Kelvin Jones kid or some other big is the most likely.
I hhope we don't get the jones kid. Mine aswell roll with what we have and develop em.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I hhope we don't get the jones kid. Mine aswell roll with what we have and develop em.

Our big men right now are:

Omar Payne - I expect him to play and provide good minutes.

Dontay Bassett - Useless.

Isaiah Stokes - Good game if he gets his weight under control. If he doesn't, he won't play much.

Jason Jitoboh - Been working his butt off and looks fantastic physically. If he keeps that physique, few will be able to handle him inside.

Gorjok Gak - I don't count on him until I see him on the court producing.

To me, we basically have 2 big men and they are true freshman. Bassett is useless as I said. His defense and rebounding are terrible. I'm not sure what he does on the court other than take up space. Stokes and Gak have serious question marks. We need another big man.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Isaiah Stokes - Good game if he gets his weight under control. If he doesn't, he won't play much.

Jason Jitoboh - Been working his butt off and looks fantastic physically. If he keeps that physique, few will be able to handle him inside.

To me, we basically have 2 big men and they are true freshman. Bassett is useless as I said. His defense and rebounding are terrible. I'm not sure what he does on the court other than take up space. Stokes and Gak have serious question marks. We need another big man.

1. Payne is about as raw as you get. I expect him to get minutes, but how good they are we shall see.

2. I would rarely call a UF player useless and never call a basketball player who has scored in double digits twice against power 5 team useless. I would call his development slower than I hoped. That might be on him some, but it also might be on coaching some.

3. Jitoboh is a tier 2 frosh. I view this class as two tiers. The early signers of Lewis, Mann and Payne are in one tier and I expect them all to play this year and maybe not really be the future of UF basketball. The other tier is Glover, Jitoboh and Duruji were in my view all signed for the future. Now maybe one of the tier 2 guys will surprise and I agree a big has the best chance to surprise, but I expect Jitoboh too to need development.

4. I agree Gak is in a show me situation to me too. Two years ago he showed promise, but then again so did Egbunu once up a time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I don't think we have much with any of our bugs except Payne. Who's probably more of a hayes type . That being said, all of em could probably get 11 and 6 at idaho state. That just doesn't scream upgrade. I'd rather the guys we have , develop. Rather than get a one year rental from a guy who isn't much better.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait? Our incoming players are losing ground?
Nembrandt won't have anybody worth passing to?
White's been courting the wrong kind of players?
Is this our status whoa?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That being said, all of em could probably get 11 and 6 at idaho state. That just doesn't scream upgrade. I'd rather the guys we have , develop. Rather than get a one year rental from a guy who isn't much better.

That is my view too. That said, if UF takes the Idaho guy I will hope he comes in and contributes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.