NFL Coaching Carousel

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The 38-year-old McDaniel did not play football at any significant level and studied history at Yale before interning at the Denver Broncos

McDaniel didn’t come from a playing background, or even a coaching one,

I don’t think being a WR at Yale, regardless, would qualify as “significant” or even “having a background”.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
While being the lead defendant in a lawsuit alleging racial bias, the Dolphins make a beeline for a first time head coach named Mike McDaniel.:lol:

You can hate Flores’ approach to all this and still be amazed at the marvel that is the Miami front office.

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I don’t think being a WR at Yale, regardless, would qualify as “significant” or even “having a background”.
All the stories are consistent that he went to Yale on an academic scholarship so at best he was a walk-on. If he was on the team but never saw the field then I guess it could be said that he, "did not play football at any significant level." He just practiced lol.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That seems to indicate he was on the team for two years but it shows zero stats for him. I'm thinking the walkon-with-no-playing-time theory might be correct. But I do feel a little better to know he's taken a hit at least once in his life, and viewed the field from the perspective of someone playing on it.

He spent the past year or so in San Fran. He’s definitely taken his share of “hits”.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
The Ivies don't offer scholarships.
True, they don't offer athletic scholarships per se, but they recruit qualified athletes and then give them financial aid. McDaniel went to Yale on an academic scholarship.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

1364336854.0.jpg

For their new head coach the Miami Dolphins have hired a 5'9" analytics dweeb who has never played football. Not even in high school.

wBE7r4u.gif

They might as well start their next coaching search now.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dolphins now evolved to such high IQ that they suffer identity crisis: that's why they get themselves caught in tuna netting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.