Nick Saban retires, replaced with DeBoer; elite players fleeing by the hour

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They want to wrap this up in 3 days? I assume you keep a list of targets & Nick may have told them some time ago, but I’d much rather be sure than quick. It isn’t a plug & play job. They ran through 4 last time over 10 years to get to Saban. Dubose. Franchione. Price. Shula.

Popcorn time.

Can't forget about the Rich Rod saga.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Know someone close to this situation and they are hinting Dabo. They are being very coy about it so who knows .

Hopefully no one else will think of it.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Technically, since Price never coached a game there were only three. But hey, Price was "rolling baby" down in Pensacola for a night...
Yeah, upon further review Franchione left on his own to avoid sanctions and Price was fired for cause without ever coaching. They did give the other stiffs four years.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Steele (DC) probably knew something was up as to why he was going to retire as the DC as MSN reported.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I doubt two guys will well known heart conditions would be the top two on their list. Urbs is not cut out for it anymore. Just as almost all of us said he would flop in the NFL b/c he cannot handle losing more than one game a year, he could not handle the grind of potentially losing multiple games every season.
He handled losing 5 games just fine in 2010. Never saw him so relaxed.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Now would be a good time to go after bama's AD.
I'm sure he'd rather be searching for Napier's replacement over replacing a legend.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, upon further review Franchione left on his own to avoid sanctions and Price was fired for cause without ever coaching. They did give the other stiffs four years.
Yeah, and there were rumors that prior to hiring Saban Mal Moore tried to get the deal done asap but because he couldn't get in touch with Sexton because he was on an airplane, he made a "handshake" deal with Rich Rod. No ink was put to paper with Rich Rod so when they did get with Saban's agent they got to hire who they wanted, Saban.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bama is in deep doodoo. Anyone after Saban is going to be a step down, and how many coaches want to follow a legend?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Translation: "I just got a biiiiiiiiigggggg extension."

If there's any Power 5 school that had to be tired of losing head coaches it has to be Oregon
Would someone remind me what Saban said when he was at Miami when asked about the Bama job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator