Nick Saban retires, replaced with DeBoer; elite players fleeing by the hour

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I mean next year is it , if we don’t see some serious improvement in the product , then there is no way to to keep defending his tenure. Even a Billy homer like ox can’t continue to do it with a straight face. You get 3 years Billy , now do something.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
It's Gatorchatter's 10 year anniversary. I can't think of a better day to pull the plug. 10 years was a great run and long enough. Swamp Gas is going to get a whole lot more activity that day.
Time marches on...it was a good run Ox

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Did you ever think that maybe that's a good thing?

Not a single one of us are enjoying Gator football anymore and the Gator nation is currently nothing but a miserable, wallowing sewer. Shutting down the Chatter could actually improve the lives of hundreds of people, who might find something more positive to do.
Thinking I may want to while away my last 20-25 years on earth, running a Gator sports message board.
I would be 90 in 25 years, so, sounds good.
Is there a way to scratch about $85,000 a year here? :lol2:
That would trump my 401k easily.

Instead of shutting this place down, come up with an annual/monthly subscription number that would make it worth your while. Then see how many of us would pony up. Most of the places I go for sports are free, but most message boards are not.

Or, Find a young entrepreneur, like myself, to take it off your hands, for a bargain price that is. :lol2:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I mean next year is it , if we don’t see some serious improvement in the product , then there is no way to to keep defending his tenure. Even a Billy homer like ox can’t continue to do it with a straight face. You get 3 years Billy , now do something.
Based on what people are saying (admin) sounds like he's getting 4.
Will you be able to make it without killing yourself?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Or, Find a young entrepreneur, like myself, to take it off your hands, for a bargain price that is. :lol2:
A few years ago I was offered $15 and a carton of funny books. I have no idea why I turned it down, but when I reached out again recently to the guy, the offer was no longer available.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A few years ago I was offered $15 and a carton of funny books. I have no idea why I turned it down, but when I reached out again recently to the guy, the offer was no longer available.
I'll give you $20 and a 6 pack of Zima. Take it or leave it

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You taking over the Chatter would turn this place into a ghost town in a matter of hours.
But you'd be $20 bucks and a 6 pack of Zima richer
Think About It GIF by Identity

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
^^^^^^

THIS is the soul of Gator Chatter!

:bob::burn::giggity:

May it shine on forever!

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Based on what people are saying (admin) sounds like he's getting 4.
Will you be able to make it without killing yourself?
I’m sure he’ll get year 4 and have said so elsewhere on here. I just don’t know how the admin could rationalize it if he goes sub .500 again. But we know the AD is compromised and needs Billy to work out so as to save his own ass. So I guess that’s the rationalization which sucks for the fans.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I’m sure he’ll get year 4 and have said so elsewhere on here. I just don’t know how the admin could rationalize it if he goes sub .500 again. But we know the AD is compromised and needs Billy to work out so as to save his own ass. So I guess that’s the rationalization which sucks for the fans.
When we roll into Jax with 2-3 wins and the buttsniffers beat us by 3 touchdowns, any AD would be squirming and rightfully so. I dont see how he survives that scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator