NIL discussion: Saban accuses A&M of buying every recruit; Jimbo RIPS Saban in response

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier responds:

Steve Spurrier on Jimbo Fisher: ‘Did (Nick) Saban say something that wasn’t true?’

“I don’t know why (Fisher) is mad at Saban,” Spurrier told DawgNation. “Did Saban say something that wasn’t true?”

The former Florida Heisman Trophy winner had a way with words in the 1990s with then-Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer and then-Alabama coach Mike DuBose.

“I don’t think Saban told any lies in there, so I don’t know what he was mad about,” Spurrier added. “Since (Fisher) beat him last year, I guess he can talk now. He hasn’t beat much of anybody, but he beat Saban last year. But they haven’t won the division or anything since he’s been there.”

Spurrier, a six-time SEC champion, told AL.com earlier this month he’s “always admired Alabama football.”

“I’m here to say they’re the best, not because they win the most -- of course, that’s part of it too -- but they do it the right way,” Spurrier said Monday night. “They play hard. They play clean. They don’t try to hurt their opponents. They don’t give the interception chains. They don’t do all that other stuff that other teams like to do now, it seems like. But they play the game the way it should be played. If you beat them, you have to earn it. And that’s the way it should be.”

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Deon.

“Coach Saban wasn’t talking to me. Coach Saban wasn’t talking to Jimbo Fisher. He was talking to his boosters. He was talking to his alumni. He was talking to his givers. He was trying to get money,” Sanders said. “That was what he was doing. He was just using us to get to where he was trying to get to.”

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well here you go. Either do what A&M is doing or forget about ever winning anything ever again.

nil.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well here you go. Either do what A&M is doing or forget about ever winning anything ever again.

A&M will have 4 losses AGAIN because their head coach sucks.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
About 8 years ago deadspin ran an article titled, "Jimbo Fisher is a whimpering penis."

I don't think the writer realized just how accurate he was, or still is. What a little btch this ****** is.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Updates.....

Deion responds.
Deion Sanders responds to Nick Saban: ‘Let’s talk publicly and let everybody hear the conversation’

Saban Apologizes

Fisher keeps opining and gets dicey with his own media people.

Disputes this. "Only 1 of 11 EEs has an NIL deal"
Texas A&M Boosters Spent Unfathomable Amount Of Money To Land No. 1 Recruiting Class, Per Report

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with Deion. You can’t say that stuff publicly and then have a private sit down. And his nonchalant way of speaking leads me to believe he’d have a lot less exposed than Saban would. In any event, the Travis Hunter thing was probably the least shady big signing of them all. That was Portnoy trying to create a buzz around BSS and sticking it to his “rival” ESPN who would inevitably have to report on and talk about it. He had absolutely no connection to Jackson State. It was simply an off the radar school that would bring attention. In some respects, it was the ultimate NIL scenario in that both parties made money for the other off of their names as opposed to the actual pay-for-play that most have devolved into.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
About 8 years ago deadspin ran an article titled, "Jimbo Fisher is a whimpering penis."

I don't think the writer realized just how accurate he was, or still is. What a little btch this faqqot is.

I’m not even sure why, but this made me nearly spit up water. Quite possibly your best post ever.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I don't think the writer realized just how accurate he was, or still is. What a little btch this ****** is.

Not following closely, but I saw the clip where jimbo said someone should slap saban. Well, tough guy, you’re gonna see little nicky at SEC media days real soon… I bet he just deflects and laughs it off when he gets there. Wuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.