Gator Basketball ***NIT Game Thread*** Enter at your own risk Game 2

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
We enjoyed the win, but the spoils of camping as well
Love it with one exception. That chocolate should stand on its on and go with hersheys for the S'mores. It's like fixing an old fashion with Pappy.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Love it with one exception. That chocolate should stand on its on and go with hersheys for the S'mores. It's like fixing an old fashion with Pappy.
I'm going to have to disagree here. Even the Hershey's special dark is only 45% cocoa. There's already so much sweetness in the graham cracker and marshmallow that you could probably even go with the 85% Ghirardelli.

If you want to make a whiskey comparison, using darker chocolate is like using rye instead of bourbon when you have sweet mixers.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
One simply doesn’t question @Gatorphan on food and beverage choices. And I don’t want to derail this important thread, but that’s a great Zinfandel also. Had it at a dinner party a few months back and meant to post it in the wine thread and buy some, but couldn’t remember the name until I just saw it. :lol:

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
We enjoyed the win, but the spoils of camping as well
View attachment 41268 View attachment 41269 View attachment 41270

With the wine and since you are there, you probable need some soft music. May I recommend the Suwannee Spring Reunion starting tonight, St Patty's day, through the 20th at the Spirit Of The Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak. A bluegrass and country music festival extraordinaire with four stages, but the real fun are the jams at the campsites.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators win 79-74

Strong 2nd half performance from the team with a lot of focus down the stretch. Overcame some questionable calls and missed FTs to pull it out. Castleton and Appleby made key shots down the stretch, but Reeves had a strong game too.

The guys really did step it up in the second half and showed some heart. Now that the wicked witch is gone I was rooting hard for these guys and I was proud of their performance.

You are being kind with your comments about the officiating. It was bad to the point of appearing to be biased (or should I say buyest) so much so that I actually questioned the integrity of the crew.
I could have sworn that the lead ref looked like Jack Childress.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
The guys really did step it up in the second half and showed some heart. Now that the wicked witch is gone I was rooting hard for these guys and I was proud of their performance.

You are being kind with your comments about the officiating. It was bad to the point of appearing to be biased (or should I say buyest) so much so that I actually questioned the integrity of the crew.
I could have sworn that the lead ref looked like Jack Childress.

You did have to resurrect the ghosts of the swindle!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Watching the game was like getting a crown prep. Its only good near the end when you can finally get out of the chair knowing its done. Most of the games were like that. Clank tons of open threes and then finally hit some and play better defense. Seeing apple finally get it going , then castle gets a look and gets all excited again. Then the hair hits a few shots and dunks. I finally saw what the the team does when Kowcie hits a shot. They all pat their heads acknowledging his crazy locks. New coach? Young guy that can get kids excited to play and want to play for him. Whoever it is I will be a homer till the next one comes along.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Any intel or smoke on the direction we are gonna go? Will it be a coach that is in the NCAAT right now? Musselman from Ark? Tim Craft from GWebb? Steve Alford from Nevada? McMahon from Murray State? Scott Drew, Tony Bennett, or another name that you might like?

The definitive list of Florida’s men’s basketball coaching candidates - Alligator Army

Head Coach Candidates for the Florida Gators to Replace Mike White - Sports Illustrated Florida Gators News, Analysis and More

My sources tell me it’s down to Pitino or this guy Bennett, and we haven’t entirely ruled out begging Mike White to come back.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I know it was just a NIT game but if you watch the viedo out on twitter of the players giving Coach Pinkins a water/Gator aid bath in the Locke room it’s truly a feel good moment.
And this years crop of Gators got a win in their last game at Billy Donovan Court.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I know it was just a NIT game but if you watch the viedo out on twitter of the players giving Coach Pinkins a water/Gator aid bath in the Locke room it’s truly a feel good moment.
And this years crop of Gators got a win in their last game at Billy Donovan Court.
I think it's still possible to get one more home game if we win at Xavier.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Who's the next round? Spuds State? Carraway College? Hastings Tech?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
That would be great
Vandy would have to beat Dayton, otherwise we would have another road game I think is how the bracket sets up. I'm not sure though, because when you search google for NIT bracket it just gives you the NCAA Bracket. It's like they are saying "nahh bra, nobody cares about that trash, here's the NCAA Bracket instead".

Last edited:

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
V

Vandy would have to beat Dayton, otherwise we would have another road game I think is how the bracket sets up. I'm not sure though, because when you search google for NIT bracket it just gives you the NCAA Bracket. It's like they are saying "nahh bra, nobody cares about that trash, here's the NCAA Bracket instead".

NIT Bracket...

2022 NIT bracket: Printable .PDF for the National Invitation Tournament

https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/pub...6/Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.54.07 PM_0.png

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Dayton is playing at Vandy though, for some reason. If Dayton wins they may still have to travel, IDK.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Murray State up 9 with 3 min to go and McMahon goes with the stall ball routine like MW and they have 3 possessions in a row where they don't even get a shot off to end the game and go to OT. Wow, he is OUT of our coaching search now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.