Noles lose by 60 to UGA, decide not to hang NC banner

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Based on what I have seen of FSU, they're not even one of the top 25 teams. I don't think Alabama is in the top 4 either. They weren't even a top 10 caliber team after that Auburn game.

But none of that matters, because in real sports, championships are earned objectively. That's the only legitimate way to do it. Every team has equal opportunity and it doesn't matter who is the best by opinion. You either complete the objectives set in front of you or you fail, and you have nobody to blame but yourself. Some champions are crowned that never got any respect throughout the year until at the end when they were the ones hoisting the title.

College football is only objective when it comes to crowning a conference champion. That's legit. But, when it comes to crowning a National Champion the sport loses all objectivity and becomes nothing but a beauty contest. It's all fake and artificial bullcorn.
I only asked what you answered in the first sentence. The rest of your post is irrelevant to my question, so we’ll just stop there.

In your OP you stated, “The committe (sic) has had FSU in the top 4 every week, until now. How does them winning a conference title all of a sudden make it clear to them they're no longer a top 4 team?” The answer as we all know is simply, because they’re not a top 4 team. Unlike you, I do think they're top 25, but reasonable people can disagree on that one. Whether Bama should be there or not is a separate issue. The bottom line is FSU didn’t belong and the committee got that part right. Whining about Bama is what clown fans are doing. It avoids the obvious.

FTR - I actually expect Bama to beat Meatchicken and Texas and win another title. Don’t want it to happen; just think it will.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FTR - I actually expect Bama to beat Meatchicken and Texas and win another title. Don’t want it to happen; just think it will.
This is probably what led the ACC to vote against expanding the playoff. playing a 12 team playoff versus a 4 team playoff means, obviously, more games. A team would have to win four games instead of two to win the championship. The deeper teams (clearly the SEC and maybe UM and OSU) are going to be able to navigate that better than the talented but less deep teams. The ACC clearly thought that would be better for Clemson or FSU (though let's face it they didn't think FSU with losing record was going to contend the next year).

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what I have seen of FSU, they're not even one of the top 25 teams. I don't think Alabama is in the top 4 either. They weren't even a top 10 caliber team after that Auburn game.

But none of that matters, because in real sports, championships are earned objectively. That's the only legitimate way to do it. Every team has equal opportunity and it doesn't matter who is the best by opinion. You either complete the objectives set in front of you or you fail, and you have nobody to blame but yourself. Some champions are crowned that never got any respect throughout the year until at the end when they were the ones hoisting the title.

College football is only objective when it comes to crowning a conference champion. That's legit. But, when it comes to crowning a National Champion the sport loses all objectivity and becomes nothing but a beauty contest. It's all fake and artificial bullcorn.
Ok, yep

:nole:

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
You would think people would just be able to enjoy the pain of both Clown Town and Ugly.
I'm going to rag these retarded crying idiots for a whole year, maybe even more. I've told my college football fan co workers that the teams in the state of Florida have been irrelevant ever since Free Shoes got torched by Oregon in the first year of the playoff. They scraped by all year, fans crying and moaning that they should be number 1 because they are defending Champs and have won all their games against the deaf and blind no matter how ugly it was. And then get on the national stage and lay an absolute egg with Crab Legs as your QB.

I stand by my statement, the "Big" 3 in the state of Florida have been irrelevant for pretty much 10 years. And remain to be. And with this happening, they don't have a leg to stand on. Love every second of it. Couldn't have happened to a better group of nutphucks

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Asked my buddy when I seen him this morning was he mad that they didn't get to be the TCU of this year's playoffs. All he could say is "there isn't any SEC bias". Same ole song and dance.

Another shot you can fire at the null fans if you have to interact with these fantansyland numb skulls, is that they weren't the real champions in 2013, that we all know bama should have been there if it wasn't for the kick six and bama would have torched em by 2 tds at least. They know they didn't play the best team in the country to win it. And then tell them that we seem what would have happened when Dumbo and little Nikki matched up 3 or 4 years later to start the season. I can see it eat them alive and they have admitted it as well lol. Soft A$$ beaches

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
Phuck em. Let them know that the whole nation thinks they are a joke and nobody takes them serious. It's not SEC bias, also let them know their commissioner had the chance before the season to vote for the 12 team playoff this year but voted against it. And don't forget about FSU trying to publicly embarrass the Almost Competivie Conference by forcing their way out. I'm sure the powers that be in the ACC are devastated the crimonoles didn't get in
I didn't care what they thought either after I called their team and school a phuking joke. What really pissed them off is when I told them their accounting degrees they have hanging up on their office walls is worth less than the chitpaper in the bathroom stalls.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I really hate you guys for making me do this. I have to bathe in bleach after this post.

The committe has had FSU in the top 4 every week, until now. How does them winning a conference title all of a sudden make it clear to them they're no longer a top 4 team?

The answer is because the committee votes based on the results on the field, until the very last week, when they need to manipulate the rankings in order to get the matchups that they want.

No other program, but Alabama, would jump an undefeated P5 team with 1 loss on their resume. Texas is only a playoff team because the committee had no choice. In order to get Bama in they had to put Texas in. Had Georgia won on Saturday, Texas would not be in the playoffs.

It's not even about who they think the 4 best teams are either, because then Georgia would be in the playoffs. Throughout the entire history of college football, when it comes down to the final vote before the bowl games, it has never been about the results on the field or anyone's opinion on what the top 2 or 4 teams are. It's about what benefits the powers that be the most.
In a nutshell, that’s how it looks at the moment. When georgia gets done cleaning FSU’s clock, the committee will look wiser than DeSantis, and anyone else living in the dreamworld that fsu was a top team. The committee’s job is to put the best four teams in. They came much closer than of fsu was included. They did their job. fsu is not top four.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The committe has had FSU in the top 4 every week, until now. How does them winning a conference title all of a sudden make it clear to them they're no longer a top 4 team?
Question for you: Does the playoff selection committee have anything to do with weekly regular season rankings?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Great Governor, but I think he’s getting out over his skis on this issue…

View attachment 64872

…er, over his boots maybe.
No doubt. He can’t sue the committee and win and this season will be a distant memory by the time it’s heard. There is a case against fsu, a stronger case than his, that fsu was undefeated in a power 5 conference. When fsu loses to georgia he will say what?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to be absolutely fulfilling over the next 3 weeks listening to these asshats bytch and complain about their "slight" and not getting into the playoff. The obvious reason for all the controversy is what fuels it. Their body of work, SOS, etc. is the prime reason they are left out and they're too stupid to realize it. And it could not have happened to a better school than the Clown College.

What's even been more noticeable to me is what you're not hearing. The way the optics look, UGAly seems to have stayed out of all the media (or so it seems) bytching. As much as I despise a leg humper, I am sure that Bowl Cut is absolutely working hard to expose the Semis and make a statement, not about how better they are, but to expose the frauds from Tallacrappy. Novell had better look out. The Dwags are a pissed off team for reasons other than "what I didn't get".

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
It's going to be absolutely fulfilling over the next 3 weeks listening to these asshats bytch and complain about their "slight" and not getting into the playoff. The obvious reason for all the controversy is what fuels it. Their body of work, SOS, etc. is the prime reason they are left out and they're too stupid to realize it. And it could not have happened to a better school than the Clown College.

What's even been more noticeable to me is what you're not hearing. The way the optics look, UGAly seems to have stayed out of all the media (or so it seems) bytching. As much as I despise a leg humper, I am sure that Bowl Cut is absolutely working hard to expose the Semis and make a statement, not about how better they are, but to expose the frauds from Tallacrappy. Novell had better look out. The Dwags are a pissed off team for reasons other than "what I didn't get".
I think Shart is probably more determined to prove the Committee got it wrong on Georgia rather than right on fsu. But regardless of his reasoning, I hope he absolutely annihilates them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Shart is probably more determined to prove the Committee got it wrong on Georgia rather than right on fsu. But regardless of his reasoning, I hope he absolutely annihilates them.
Hoping for an annihilation even more so than the Clown loss to Oregon.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Are you implying that the national champions from 2006 and 2008 were not legitimate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator