Not Much Looking Ahead Again This Year...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not that it's ever a safe thing to do, but looks like there will be no looking ahead and another game-by-game season. No peeking to Jax and the Dawgs, ATL, playoffs/bowls. Every game seems to have the potential to be a wire-to-wire event based on the first contest. I like exciting football, but I'm a homesick for the days of roaring through the early schedule, where the biggest worry it seemed was staying healthy. Of course, it could all change, for better or worse. I guiltily think that I need to be more patient, and I usually am, but there's something about the way this year is setting up, especially on the heels of the last several. I feel like I'm going back in time when '78 had his shag and bell-bottoms, hoops were played in the Alley, and we all chanted "wait 'til next year!" Is it just me?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Not that it's ever a safe thing to do, but looks like there will be no looking ahead and another game-by-game season. No peeking to Jax and the Dawgs, ATL, playoffs/bowls. Every game seems to have the potential to be a wire-to-wire event based on the first contest. I like exciting football, but I'm a homesick for the days of roaring through the early schedule, where the biggest worry it seemed was staying healthy. Of course, it could all change, for better or worse. I guiltily think that I need to be more patient, and I usually am, but there's something about the way this year is setting up, especially on the heels of the last several. I feel like I'm going back in time when '78 had his shag and bell-bottoms, hoops were played in the Alley, and we all chanted "wait 'til next year!" Is it just me?
No. It isn't just you. I think we should all thank our lucky stars that the East, and the SEC(sans Bama) is down as a whole this year, just like last year.

The entire SEC slate looks very winnable, including that LSU game in a few weeks. We'll know more about this team after its visit to Knoxville in a few weeks.

I don't think any team left on the schedule is great, some of them very good, but nowhere near great. Even F$U, who came from behind last night, looks very porous on the offensive line and in the secondary.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
nope, our offense doesnt look much improved, so every game this year is a concern

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
my God. 1978 .....

ironic that SOS returns to see the house he built has fully crumbled and we've come full circle back to the mediocrity of the 70's.

of course, this happened years ago. Mac is just stepping into the role of our Jim Donnan.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I'm ready for Kentucky. I'm surprised by your post though I think you nailed it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's very possible that in two weeks time, we'll all look back on this week and laugh about how silly it was to be worried about this team not progressing. Of course, things may be exactly the same. Hopefully it will all work out for the best. I still think this team can make it to Atlanta and give Bama a run for their money when it's all said and done.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's very possible that in two weeks time, we'll all look back on this week and laugh about how silly it was to be worried about this team not progressing. Of course, things may be exactly the same. Hopefully it will all work out for the best. I still think this team can make it to Atlanta and give Bama a run for their money when it's all said and done.

This. If we come out flat again vs UK I'll officially be deeply concerned

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
....I still think this team can make it to Atlanta and give Bama a run for their money when it's all said and done.

I appreciate your optimism, I really do. However... I am growing weary of bama (and others) being the measuring stick. I miss the good ole days when THE FLORIDA GATORS set the tone that everyone else measured themselves against.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I appreciate your optimism, I really do. However... I am growing weary of bama (and others) being the measuring stick. I miss the good ole days when THE FLORIDA GATORS set the tone that everyone else measured themselves against.
I agree but the reality is we gotta lot of work to get back to the that level.
In regards to the OP, I said to myself mid way through the 3rd quarter that we would be in a lot of tight games this year.....We have the system to win the games but need more talent to blow people out.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh Lord, even @cover2 has given up hope.

Here's a "Come full circle" for you. We avenge our opportunity to knock Bama out of the National Title Game in the first year of the SEC Championship Game. We make it to Atlanta, no one gives us a chance, and we beat Bama to knock them (and the SEC) out of the Final 4 this year.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but the reality is we gotta lot of work to get back to the that level.
In regards to the OP, I said to myself mid way through the 3rd quarter that we would be in a lot of tight games this year.....We have the system to win the games but need more talent to blow people out.
Couldn't agree more. Difference between talent is like sugar...raw and refined. Takes more prep and development for the raw to be ready to eat or cook with. Refined is ready to go time you get it! Where football is concerned, I don't think that like with a diet that raw is better for you! ;)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh Lord, even @cover2 has given up hope.

Here's a "Come full circle" for you. We avenge our opportunity to knock Bama out of the National Title Game in the first year of the SEC Championship Game. We make it to Atlanta, no one gives us a chance, and we beat Bama to knock them (and the SEC) out of the Final 4 this year.
Not quite that dire, NV, but I'll admit that the last seven seasons are starting to wear a hole in me. It still means a lot to me. I think the remedy will have to come in the next few Februarys. We need a big dose of that elixir this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've been this way ever since ADAZZIO took over. I'm numb to it now.
Fify.

Funny how people forget what a clusterfvkk 2009 and 2010 were.

Brantley on a keeper anyone? Trey Burton lining beside Jordan Reed to make the calls for him?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fify.

Funny how people forget what a clusterfvkk 2009 and 2010 were.

Brantley on a keeper anyone? Trey Burton lining beside Jordan Reed to make the calls for him?

Fully agree. I was going to say "the last 7 years"..... But didnt want to sound like a

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.