Notre Dame has no business in the playoff

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
But I think they had 1 loss while the conference champs left out had 2 losses. I have no problem with that as long as its that situation but imo if losses are the same the conference champ should always get the nod and I don't care who has the "better" loss.

Yeah, I think it was PSU that had 2 losses. If ND had a loss then I'd understand the argument for them being left out but being undefeated they're deserving of a playoff birth. If they had to play someone like Pitt or Northwestern in their championship game it wouldn't have mattered anyways.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
You remain an embarrassment.

OSU isn't going to get a playoff spot. Notre Dame is. OSU would beat Notre Dame by 60 points.
tenor.gif

Did you even watch your squad play last night? It took OSU 50 mins to put away NW, a team that ND already beat (as well as Michigan, which Squatch already pointed out). Bottom line, if Urban wants in the playoffs, don't get your doors blown off by Purdue or Iowa and beat the schit out of teams like NW when a playoff spot is on the line. I hate ND, but to advocate for OSU to get in over ND is a joke.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I cant believe these assclowns on espn are arguing ugays case for final 4. They had their chance yesterday and crapped themselves. AGAIN

I don't understand why Georgia's loss to LSU is not viewed as a "bad" loss. A double digit defeat against a team that many would say is overrated. Why is that not a dark stain on their resume?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is the reason we should go back to a BCS type formula....And as far as OSU playing Michigan again there would be nothing but positives all the way around because everyone know Michigan would win 8 times out of 10 on a neutral field.....and if OSU won it would boost their resume by adding another top 10 victory....And the interest and TV audience would be off the charts....I'll bet only about 25 people watched that funeral of a game last night.....I fell asleep in the 2nd quarter for God sake...
You didn't answer the question. Will our Gators be able to beat mighty Michigan?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
tenor.gif

Did you even watch your squad play last night? It took OSU 50 mins to put away NW, a team that ND already beat (as well as Michigan, which Squatch already pointed out). Bottom line, if Urban wants in the playoffs, don't get your doors blown off by Purdue or Iowa and beat the schit out of teams like NW when a playoff spot is on the line. I hate ND, but to advocate for OSU to get in over ND is a joke.
First off, you are as drunk as hell. Nothing new.

Secondly, I didn't watch one second of the OSU game last night, I couldn't have cared less.

Third, where in the name of God did I advocate OSU to get in over Notre Dame? All I said is they would beat them head to head, which they would. Although frankly, I think ANYONE should get in over Notre Dame, including UCF.

You've been losing it for a while now. Seek help.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You didn't answer the question. Will our Gators be able to beat mighty Michigan?
I wasn't aware the bowl game match ups had been announced? I'm tired of playing Michigan(any B10 school) in bowl games honestly. I'd rather play someone new like Texas or even UCF...Hell if the Peach Bowl were smart they would get us a rematch with UGA....The atmosphere would be almost like the SECCG last night with the place packed with Gators and Dwags….

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
This discussion illustrates that CFB is not a level playing field and never will be. Not all of the P5s are created equal. If all this feels like a game of comparing apples and oranges, it’s because it is. Championship playoff games really do nothing to advance the art other than allow the undeserving to argue their way into the current playoff system. For the most part, these games have been a sham as Crete rightly points out. Northwestern? Pitt? Washington? (The Rose Bowl used to be a big deal.) Clemson didn’t need one. OSU did. And as long as media darling and wildcard Notre Dame can cut its own TV contract, it will never have an incentive to join a conference. Which brings me to the point that the exercise will always be revenue driven. (Sorry UCF.) I don’t think the folks want to see another Bama-Georgia matchup. So let the politicking begin. (Oklahoma did have a better win than the Bucknuts.) If a committee is to ultimately decide a National Champion from a qualitative standpoint, maybe the much maligned BCS wasn’t so bad after all.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Conference championship games are a sham in some conferences. The should be an authority who should step in and just make the 2 best teams in the conference play when one division is trying to send 7-5 teams to a championship game....Michigan should have gotten another shot at the Lucky One last night...

I’ve mentioned this before. Get rid of the conference championship games. Get rid of super conferences. Play every team in your conference and you are the champion, then the NCAA seeds the playoff.

But I know, money, revenue, blah blah blah

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
The other question that comes to my mind is, let us say UF or UK beat UGA, and that was their only loss (they beat LSU). UK or UF goes on to the conference championship and lost to Alabama badly.

At that point UGA would be 11-1 team. Would they have gotten into the playoffs? Or would they have been punished for that one loss, even though Alabama got into the playoffs just last year without even being in the SECCG?

I think the committee should drop this whole "4 best teams thing" and just flat out put clear rules to who gets in and who does not based on wins and losses.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
maybe the much maligned BCS wasn’t so bad after all.
They never got it wrong despite all the whining and crying....Could it be tweeked to include a few more teams? Sure but overall in my 50 years of watching CFB I've never seen more than 3 or 4 teams at the most that should have had a shot at a NC by the end of the season.....@#letsnotwaterdownagoodthing...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't aware the bowl game match ups had been announced? I'm tired of playing Michigan(any B10 school) in bowl games honestly. I'd rather play someone new like Texas or even UCF...Hell if the Peach Bowl were smart they would get us a rematch with UGA....The atmosphere would be almost like the SECCG last night with the place packed with Gators and Dwags….
Since you're dancing around it, I'll rephrase: If UF plays Michigan, who will win?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Since you're dancing around it, I'll rephrase: If UF plays Michigan, who will win?
My guess is we’d be about 7 point underdogs. We haven’t fared well when we play them, historically, but I’d like our chances with Mullen having a month to prepare.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, let's see what happens. If the Irish get waxed as they usually do when they play up, we know we have a problem. I already suspect we do, but let's let it play out as visual evidence.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the committee should drop this whole "4 best teams thing" and just flat out put clear rules to who gets in and who does not based on wins and losses.
There are pretty clear rules. Conf champs get in.

As it should be.

I hate ND getting in to without being conf champs but that will never change.

2 loss Ugly isnt even in the conversation.

It is OU vs OSU.

There are pretty clear rules. Conf champs get in.

As it should be.

I hate ND getting in to without being conf champs but that will never change.

2 loss Ugly isnt even in the conversation.

It is OU vs OSU. And frankly they shouldnt be either.

The NCG should be Bammer vs Clemson. They extra round is just to give the other undefeated team a chance.

Any of the one loss teams are receiving charity.

Last edited:

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
8 team playoff is the answer, 5 conference champs and 3 wild cards. Better record gets home field. Then you have your final 4. Why can't these simpletons get this crap figured out.
So simple a bulldawg could figure it out

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, let's see what happens. If the Irish get waxed as they usually do when they play up, we know we have a problem. I already suspect we do, but let's let it play out as visual evidence.
Plenty of team get waxed in the playoffs.

Most of the teams you like, such as the Golden Gnats, would get waxed, too.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The first year you change it to 8 teams, then you’d have numbers 9-12 bitching to make it a 16 team field. I think 4 is plenty and wouldn’t mind seeing it go back to the BCS formula with 2 teams. They got it right damn near every year and it keeps the regular season relevant like no other sport in the land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator