Notre Dame has no business in the playoff

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
There are pretty clear rules. Conf champs get in.

As it should be.

I hate ND getting in to without being conf champs but that will never change.

2 loss Ugly isnt even in the conversation.

It is OU vs OSU.

Alabama won two nattys without being conference champions. That being said a two loss team is a major precedent, but it is not like we had a CFP for 50 years.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
The first year you change it to 8 teams, then you’d have numbers 9-12 *****ing to make it a 16 team field. I think 4 is plenty and wouldn’t mind seeing it go back to the BCS formula with 2 teams. They got it right damn near every year and it keeps the regular season relevant like no other sport in the land.

Nobody gives a crap about 9-12

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At the end of the day the actual purpose for a playoff is to separate record from ability to finaly DETERMINE who is the best and who is not.
This narrative that "the best teams" are already known before the playoff starts is just dumb.

Until the playoff begins all you really have to go on is record, SoS, and quality wins/losses. Dwags have 2 losses, and no wins of any real significance. Their best W is probably us. Notre Dame is undefeated and while they didn't play as hard a schedule, the top wins they have are arguably just as good as dwags wins. Yes dwags played tougher schedule, but the couple games that made it clearly tougher, they lost; one they got stomped in.

So regardless of who the eye test says is better, one team is undefeated, the other has 2 losses and one to a team that's already in. Dwags had their chance and blew it. It's time for someone else to get a shot. This is much like us vs Michigan in 06. No one thought we could win but mich had the chance and blew it. Then look what happens in the game! Do I think Notre Dame is good enough to win? Probably not, but no one's been able to prove that narrative about them so far. Dwags on the other hand...

And just for the record I hate note dame but the purpose of a playoff is to actually determine who's best, not pre-determine who is. A 2 loss over an undefeated with similar quality wins? Please....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean his drunken Central Fl Golden Gnat rant. Either him or Golden Dahlia.... or 78.
Law stating the case for Notre Dame. Any moment now I expect him to put up an Ara Parseghian memorial thread. The Catholic love is thick.

:facepalm:

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
bro were #9. do you or anyone else think we should be in? cmon
this isnt march madness. 8 teams should be good.maybe even 10 and give the top 2 a bye. then you create an arguement for top 2

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law stating the case for Notre Dame. Any moment now I expect him to put up an Ara Parseghian memorial thread. The Catholic love is thick.

:facepalm:
I have had my share of Catholic love. No complaints.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I find it difficult to understand how pug doesnt see that the number is irrelevant. It is and always will be the first couple out regardless of number that are complaining.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have had my share of Catholic love.
We noticed.

Rick Mirer
Manti Te'o
Jimmy Clausen
Brady Quinn
Michael Floyd
Jack Snow
Courtnay Watson
Mike McCoy
Rocket Ismail
Kevin Hardy
Tom Carter
Jim Seymour
Chris Zorich
John Huarte
Vagas Ferguson
Walt Patulski
Terry Hanratty

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
i just think 5-8 have a legitimate shot at a W , if they are given an opportunity. theres more $$$$ to be made for the ncaa .its viewership, its a win/win for everyone

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
The first year you change it to 8 teams, then you’d have numbers 9-12 *****ing to make it a 16 team field. I think 4 is plenty and wouldn’t mind seeing it go back to the BCS formula with 2 teams. They got it right damn near every year and it keeps the regular season relevant like no other sport in the land.
This x 1000

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i just think 5-8 have a legitimate shot at a W , if they are given an opportunity. theres more $$$$ to be made for the ncaa .its viewership, its a win/win for everyone
Why would we try to make money for the NCAA? I'm sure that's a good idea for the NCAA. They make almost all their money on march madness, have made the conference tourneys totally irrelevent except for .500 teams, and made the regular season damn near irrelevent too.

I'm more concerned about making money for our school or maybe our conference.

We are already destroying the bowl season. Anyone really give a damn about the Rose Bowl or Sugar Bowl? Those have become what the Citrus Bowl used to be. A joke.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
What is the regular season if not an opportunity. All teams start 0-0. A 2 or 3 loss 8th ranked team already had their opportunity and failed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What is the regular season if not an opportunity. All teams start 0-0. A 2 or 3 loss 8th ranked team already had their opportunity and failed.
How is this not obvious?

I can't believe how badly some people want to ruin college football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator