Recruiting NSD 2022

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The circumstances were crappy that's for sure. After seeing the press conference and it sounded like him and his staff were a little un satisfied themselves . That was pretty encouraging.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Espn is full of sheet. Indiana and Arizona did not sign a better class. It gets murkier the further up the top 25 list you get.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am neither pleased nor disappointed with this class, but I will be disappointed if we don't have a strong, Florida based class next year.

Is this "next year" different from our historical next year rattlecry.?

Let's cheer for the boost that the players get under Nap's teachings (by practice & film IQ) lead to dominating one-on-one when the whistle blows.
And don't forget what AR can do on the field, with new-found confidence at "full speed ahead. (Will he be used rightly.?)
The ways this Nap-crew entrains these Gators will produce success. Individual "all-stars" will emerge. We'll see team camaraderie on the sidelines that's real. See what needs to be executed sharply.
Our rediscovered enjoyment will be : "Who will surprise us and by how much.?"

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
napier yellow jacket 2.jpg

Ok. I'll ask the questions:

1) Why is BN wearing a Creamsicle blazer? (see the ORANGE around the gator head compared to the UTenn jacket).

2) Who owns a Creamsicle blazer? Why?

3) Who owns a PINSTRIPED Creamsicle blazer?

There must be a story behind it.

On a positive note: looks like someone talked to him about using "RIGHT?" too much. :)

Video: Billy Napier Press Conference 2-2-22 - Florida Gators

Seriously ... need an explanation on the rockflop jacket.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

1) Why is BN wearing a YELLOW blazer? (see the ORANGE around the gator head compared to the YELLOW jacket).

2) Who owns a YELLOW blazer? Why?

3) Who owns a PINSTRIPED YELLOW blazer?

On a positive note: looks like someone talked to him about using "RIGHT?" too much. :)

Seriously ... need an explanation on the yellow jacket.
Looks orange to me - though more like Tinerc powder orange than UF orange.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019

1) Why is BN wearing a YELLOW blazer? (see the ORANGE around the gator head compared to the YELLOW jacket).

One of the gentlemen below is wearing a yellow blazer.
upload_2022-2-3_8-0-6.png
Yeah, BN is wearing orange although it's not Gator orange. But it ain't yella. It looks more like Mrs BN pulled it off the sale rack at Ross's when she heard they were new Gators. To show appreciation of her generosity like the kind, loving hubby he is, he wore it--for her.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015

Fashion cops at it again??

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So none of us like BSPN. Let's go with 247. They have us 19th. Better than most of us expected. But, we are 9th in the SEC behind UT, Kentucky, and even Auburn, a team in chaos. Given how much we lost in the portal, we may have less talent than any of those teams when we play next. Some of you have unrealistic expectations.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Looks like Texas orange to me. It isn't Gator orange, for sure, but it sure as hell isn't yellow. Fix the colors on your screen, or get your eyes checked.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Mrs BN pulled it off the sale rack at Ross's when she heard they were new Gators. To show appreciation of her generosity like the kind, loving hubby he is, he wore it--for her.

I can totally see him wearing what the wife bought. Maybe she needs an education on O&B. Still, I can see him wearing it - for her.

I will also say, I don't know if they are still in business, but every damn time I hear anyone talking about suits for coaches in Gainesville, I hear that old commerical for Roderick's as they continue to 'lead the way'.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
One of the gentlemen below is wearing a yellow blazer.

Yeah, BN is wearing orange although it's not Gator orange. But it ain't yella. It looks more like Mrs BN pulled it off the sale rack at Ross's when she heard they were new Gators. To show appreciation of her generosity like the kind, loving hubby he is, he wore it--for her.
This ... I can live with that explanation.

(add the left guys coat color to the orange around the Gator (ie gator orange) and you get BNs coat color)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Given how much we lost in the portal, we may have less talent than any of those teams when we play next.

We know we got rid of some abysmal coaching from last year. Are we so sure we're losing player talent to the portal? I feel like the coaches held them back, put them in bad positions, etc. But I also don't think players who are leaving this ship are that great of a loss - truth told, however, the only transfer out I recall is Emory and I won't miss his INTs.

EDIT - spent the time to find a listing of transfers on 247

QB - doesn't list 5* Jones leaving, but we pick up 3* Miller from tOSU, I'll call that a break even until I see Miller play
WR - 4* Copeland - meh, underperformed expectations (no transfers in as yet)
TE - 3* Gamble - would have been nice to keep (no transfers in as yet)
OL - 3* Mincey - can be replaced, only hurts if we need bodies but better bodies can be had, and we have a 4* Torrence and 4* Waites coming
DL - 3* Bogle - can be replaced. Had decent minutes, but even on the linked listing we're bringing in 3* Zanders and Truesdell
LB - Diabate and Hopper are a pair of 4* with no backfills in the portal. Possible we become 'dangerously thin', but I doubt it given we had 20 LBs on the roster last year.
DB - Blades (4* bust) and Ellison (2* wdwha) being replaced by 4* Kimber from UGA. Dog stank replacing never-was players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator